PDA

View Full Version : Canada Sean Hubert Niefer,Medal of Military Valour, Afghanistan

bobdina
08-05-2009, 04:58 PM
The Victoria Cross is awarded for the most conspicuous bravery, a daring or pre-eminent act of valour or self-sacrifice, or extreme devotion to duty in the presence of the enemy.

The Star of Military Valour is awarded for distinguished or valiant service in the presence of the enemy.

The Medal of Military Valour is awarded for an act of valour or devotion to duty in the presence of the enemy.
These are the 3 highest awards Canada issues

Master Corporal Sean Hubert Niefer, MMV
Petawawa and Prince Edwards-Hastings, Ontario
Medal of Military Valour

Master Corporal Niefer was a member of Charles Company, 1st Royal Canadian Regiment Battle Group, in Rotation 2 of Operation Archer in Afghanistan. On September 3, 2006, while engaged in combat operations in support of Operation Medusa, he selflessly ordered his vehicle into the enemy kill zone to support extraction of wounded comrades trapped by an enemy ambush. He subsequently provided covering fire from a highly exposed position to facilitate their evacuation and, by doing so, saved the lives of numerous fellow soldiers. His outstanding leadership, courage and valiant action brought great credit to Canada and the Canadian Forces.

No photo available

bobdina
08-05-2009, 05:48 PM
If you have any pictures or more info please post.All I can find for these Canadians are what the citations say. I would appreciate any more info or where I can find info on theses guy's. I have looked all over and this is all I can find. Thanks in advance, Bob

nastyleg
08-05-2009, 09:13 PM
fuckin' a.