PDA

View Full Version : Sigh :(

Ripcord
08-02-2009, 06:37 PM
So today is the last day of leave for a friend of mine
I took my leave a week after him so I still have a week off WOOT :)
Anywho
He went to visit family for his leave, and today was his flight back.
I offered to pick him up from the airport (the only way I could pull myself away from apacheclips :) )
while we were waiting for the rest of his luggage, a short chunky man with wild long hair and crazy eyes came up to us and asked if we were in the Military..my friend had his duffel bag and NBC bag (a backpack used to carry your NBC suite in but more commonly used to pack everything from ammo to snivel kit ) both had his last name and last 3 numbers of his service number on it, a clear indication that he was military.
He started telling us how he was ex Canadian military and had been to the 1st gulf war (plausible as we did send people there for various stuff) and how he had shot a ton of Iraqi's ( again plausible but extremely unlikely )
and as "proof" of his service he raised his shirt sleeve to show us his tattoo...and that is where we realized this guy was a faker...his tattoo of "proof" was the tri-service badge, a cap badge that everyone in battle school wears BEFORE they graduate and are sent to their regiment. this isn't a badge you would tattoo onto yourself, that honor would be saved for the regiment you are with...unless you never passed battle school, as we believed this guy hadn't..IF he even did go to battle school.
My friend asked him why he had that tattoo instead of the 1 from his unit, he replied he wasn't allowed to tattoo that unit on himself as it wasn't allowed do to PERSEC/OPSEC....we asked what unit he was referring to and assured him as fellow military men we would not pass this knowledge to anyone else. he looked around..leaned in a bit and said he had been with the Airborne regiment and after they disbanded he went straight into JTF-2. BOOM Head Shot!!, we couldn't believe our luck.My friend calmly raised his sleeve to reveal his Airborne regiment and 2 commando tattoo on his shoulder,and asked the guy if this was the tattoo he wasn't allowed to get.The look on this guys face was priceless,he stammered something about being in the "other" airborne unit, which we assumed meant either 1 or 3 commando or a support unit, we then started asking him about stuff he as an ex-Airborne/JTF-2 Uber pirate ninja commando should have some knowledge of..he failed every question, or went with the "I am not allowed to talk about that"
I could tell my friend was raging ..as I was, but sometimes calm is much much more scary then yelling.
we calmly informed him he had 3 seconds to get out of our sight or we would either beat him to death or call the police.
he put his head down apologized and walked away.

why o why would he try and bullshit us?
especially knowing we were in the Military

Cruelbreed
08-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Thought he was going to find some form of comradery or is just obsessed with something he couldn't do. Fucking weird though lol. Think he was just a nutcase

ghost
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Hahaha. Awesome.

Stay safe.

Scott
08-02-2009, 09:45 PM
what a jackass, i hate people who fake shit, and i mean by faking anything,especially pretending to be ex military.

Mel
08-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I like the calm approach,Very mature,very intimidating. Way to put him in his place.

mp5punk
08-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Cant belive people have the balls to do shit like that. A shame the people who acctualy do dont go around bragging about stuff like this.

Ripcord
08-03-2009, 12:05 AM
I feel sorry for him..but at the same time am pissed off, I wonder how many people he has told these stories to?

I'm sure if my friend and I had played along he would have regaled us with heroic tales of places and situations he "isn't allowed to talk about"

sheesh maybe I should have punched him.

nastyleg
08-03-2009, 01:54 AM
When someone is in thier own shit....hand them a shovel so they can dig deaper. LOL...that would have been funny to see though.