PDA

View Full Version : Hero Thread (They deserve more respect)

bobdina
07-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry but I never say anything on threads and there count. But some of these guy's in the hero thread are not getting many hit's at all. These guy's went to fight for their country (whichever one) and accomplished amazing things, not for themselves but for their friends and buddies, it doesn't matter whether you believed in the particular war they were in or not they deserve respect for their actions. They're are many others that don't get recognized for one reason or another so pay tribute to the one's that are recognized for all soldiers in harms way . I don't care if no one looks at the hero thread I will continue to do it as my way to pay respect to them, their buddies and all in harms way. It should not matter about your views on any war these guy's went( not to Canada, desertion , or try some other way to get out) and they(and untold others) have done amazing things. There are some men who have over 70 hit's and some with 14 in the thread. I'm sorry I think that's a disgrace as guy's are going in there but not bothering to look at names they don't recognize . I guess I should be happy guy's are going in there at all . ( stepping off my soap box) Bob

bobdina
07-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Sorry if I offended anyone that was not my intention. This is just something that is near and dear to me. I just want to bring attention to these brave men and women and by doing that we are honoring all whose deeds go unseen , and the men and women who are serving. Bob

Cruelbreed
07-30-2009, 10:06 PM
This is something that i've realized as well, some of which might just be human nature. We seem to go towards what we know sometimes, or at least I do. I think what this shows is the purpose and importance of the Hero's threads. To show the world what brave men are capable of, as difficult as it may be to accomplish.

We have to also recognize that the forum is growing and that perhaps there just haven't been that many people that have been given the opportunity to view them. What I might propose is a modification to the front page that shows the latest Hero's threads or lists them by name. The front page seems to have a much larger user base, much of which admittedly do not participate in our forums.

Don't let it upset you Bob, we're grateful to have these threads going. I for one am glad that I even have the opportunity to come across so many names and faces that I otherwise might not have came across. I too am one of the people that knows only a few names of the fallen and their stories.

In the end I don't think it's that people are ignoring the great men and women or their deeds but simply that not enough people are being shown them. As the site grows the hope is more and more respect will be paid and Apacheclips will be able to introduce another person to our hero's, it's an honor to be able to show our respect. Many people may not have responded to the hero's thread but i'm glad they saw them and that the stories have reached some.

nastyleg
07-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Bob you are doing a great thing by the heros thread. I try to look at all the different folks you post. I love this site and do not get discouraged about the visitor count. People are people and you cant change that.

bobdina
07-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Bob you are doing a great thing by the heros thread. I try to look at all the different folks you post. I love this site and do not get discouraged about the visitor count. People are people and you cant change that.

It's not so much the visitor count,it's like the V.C. winner from the U.K. only having 19 views. For guy's who don't know the Victoria Cross is the U.K.'s equivalent to the Medal of Honor . And he lived to receive it.

nastyleg
07-31-2009, 03:02 AM
I completely understand the frustration.

ghost
07-31-2009, 11:06 AM
I completely understand the frustration.

As do I.

scoutsout80
07-31-2009, 11:54 AM
I read it every day, great job Bob.