PDA

View Full Version : Troops get free movie screenings

bobdina
07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Troops get free movie screenings

By Karen Jowers - Staff writer
Posted : Tuesday Jul 28, 2009 17:32:38 EDT

Service members and their families will get a chance to watch the elite, next-generation G.I. Joe team prevent the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the mysterious Cobra from plunging the world into chaos — for free, and before the film opens to the general public.

Free screenings of Paramount Pictures’ “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” will be held at Air Force and Army Exchange Service theaters at 11 military installations, starting with Andrews Air Force Base, Md., at 6 p.m., Friday, July 31. The other ten will be held on Saturday, Aug. 1.

Tickets for all screenings are available on a first-come, first-served basis. At Andrews, tickets are available at the exchange manager’s office. At the other 10 locations, they’re available at the installation exchange store or the theaters.

The USO is coordinating transportation for patients from Walter Reed Army Medical Center to the Andrews screening. Also attending that event will be the stars of the film: Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans, Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols, as well as director Stephen Sommers and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.

A joint effort between AAFES and Paramount Pictures, the free screenings are open to all authorized exchange patrons. So if you’re a member of the National Guard or reserve, a Marine, sailor or Coast Guard member and live near one of these bases, you can attend, too.

The Aug. 1 screenings will be held at:

*Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.: 2 p.m.

*Fort Belvoir, Va.: 6 p.m.

*Fort Bliss, Texas: 7 p.m.

*Fort Bragg, N.C.: 3 p.m.

*Fort Campbell, Ky.: 2 p.m.

*Fort Hood, Texas: 4 p.m.

*Fort Lewis, Wash.: 2 p.m.

*Fort Rucker, Ala.: 7 p.m.

*MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.: 7 p.m.

*Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas: 5:30 p.m.

“G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” opens nationwide Aug. 7.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...nings_072809w/

Outlaw2-5
07-29-2009, 12:11 AM
is that all our milirary can do....give free screenings of a military movie???

wow...i see where their priorities are.