PDA

View Full Version : Taliban Adopts a 'Code of Conduct'

bobdina
07-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Taliban Adopts a 'Code of Conduct'
July 28, 2009
Xinhua News Agency

CAIRO -- Afghanistan's Taliban pledged to limit suicide attacks in newly-issued code of conduct for its militants.

"Suicide attacks should be used only at high and important targets ... Utmost efforts should be made to avoid civilian casualties," says a book, "The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan Rules for Mujahideen," a copy of which was acquired Monday by the pan-Arab al-Jazeera TV.

The book, with 13 chapters and 67 articles, lays out rules that govern the movement fighters and differentiates between what they are allowed and not allowed to do.

While the Taliban have repeatedly resorted to suicide bombings across Afghanistan, the books talks of limiting suicide attacks, avoiding casualties among civilians and working to win the battle for the hearts of the local civilian population.

The book also forbids the formation of any new militias or armed groups and calls for disbanding any group that refuses to join the main structure of the movement.

Mullah Omar, the group leader, was quoted in the book as saying that "If unofficial groups or irregular battalions refuse to join the formal structure, they should be disbanded."

Meanwhile, the book gives the full autonomy and freedom for provincial rulers to decide operations they need to conduct and how to run the territories under their control.

The book also puts guidelines for treating the abducted foreigners and prisoners. According to the new code, the provincial leaders will be granted the right to decide the fate of the prisoners on the condition of not attacking or harming them. The code also forbids the exchange of prisoners for money.

Taliban is a fundamentalist armed pro-Qaida group. It ruled in Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001 before the U.S. invasion toppled it and brought a new regime to power.

Outlaw2-5
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
fucking liers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nastyleg
07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
fucking liers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed....fucking jawas....lets ask Daniel Pearl if the jawas will play by thier rules.

ghost
07-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Hahahahaha! What a load of shit. Code of conduct, my ass. But engaging coalition troops from civilian areas is still okay? It's not on there....

In all seriousness, do you think that this could be their way of trying to win over the local populace? Basically trying to counter the recent Marine led operation.

Personally, I think it's both. Just a bunch of talk, but bullshit, nonetheless.

bobdina
07-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Come on now guy's give them a chance , their trying to turn over a new leaf, like me. Since they have never lied before I say give them a chance. All we are saying is give peace a chance.

ghost
07-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Come on now guy's give them a chance , their trying to turn over a new leave> Since they have never lied before I say give them a chance. All we are saying is give peace a chance.

?

bobdina
07-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I actually started to get sick to my stomach typing that bullshit, but since I have joined the ACLU, Greenpeace, human watch group and a whole bunch of others I have decided to turn a new leaf.

There it's turned don't like it so fuck those bunch of liars , big PR move, They must be getting hurt pretty bad to come out with this shit.

nastyleg
07-28-2009, 09:15 PM
I would of never of guessed that they were getting desperate since they dont use women, children or special ed kids to do thier dirty work....thank god that they are honorable people who do not behead jounalists, women, captured troops. They are above that. They fight for the common field hand who tends his crops of grain and never opium because the Koran and the teachings of Mohammed forbid that they corrupt thier lives like that....

There is no hope for you if you can not read into the sarcasm.

Cruelbreed
07-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Might as well rename it the "Code of Bullshit"

Outlaw2-5
07-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Come on now guy's give them a chance , their trying to turn over a new leaf, like me. Since they have never lied before I say give them a chance. All we are saying is give peace a chance.

give them a chance????? turn over a new leaf???? a comedian arnt we. LOL ok...i will give them a chance...they can lick my ass before I shoot them in the head. thats the only chance of kissing my ass they will ever get.

Their chance of "Turning over a new leaf" ended when they killed thousands of innocent civilians in new york.

Cruelbreed
07-29-2009, 02:28 AM
give them a chance????? turn over a new leaf???? a comedian arnt we. LOL ok...i will give them a chance...they can lick my ass before I shoot them in the head. thats the only chance of kissing my ass they will ever get.

Their chance of "Turning over a new leaf" ended when they killed thousands of innocent civilians in new york.

There are a few good points flying around in this thread, I must say :P

ghost
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
I actually started to get sick to my stomach typing that bullshit, but since I have joined the ACLU, Greenpeace, human watch group and a whole bunch of others I have decided to turn a new leaf.

There it's turned don't like it so fuck those bunch of liars , big PR move, They must be getting hurt pretty bad to come out with this shit.

Dude, you are confusing the shit out of me. You know that? :hb:

bobdina
07-29-2009, 11:50 AM

Sorry guy's this was a follow up on me turning over a new leaf and ranting about the guy's cursing in the admin board. I don't believe they are going to change 1 fucking bit. They must have been seriously hurt by the British Operation (Panther Claw) that just wrapped up http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2766 and the Ongoing U.S. operation, plus the ISAF change in tactic's may be winning over the population now ,and this was their (Taliban Dickheads) response to show the population Look when can be trusted too.

ghost
07-29-2009, 12:12 PM

Sorry guy's this was a follow up on me turning over a new leaf and ranting about the guy's cursing in the admin board. I don't believe they are going to change 1 fucking bit. They must have been seriously hurt by the British Operation (Panther Claw) that just wrapped up http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2766 and the Ongoing U.S. operation, plus the ISAF change in tactic's may be winning over the population now ,and this was their (Taliban Dickheads) response to show the population Look when can be trusted too.

Ah, so it was sarcasm. Don't scare me like that. ;)

Cruelbreed
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Bob is pretty good at his sarcasm :) I find it funny

nastyleg
07-29-2009, 12:33 PM
thats why I put if you can not read into the sarcasm there is no hope for you. Yeah Bob is one funny man