PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, I'm done with liveleak

windexglow
07-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I've used liveleak for about 2 years, and I've seen it slowly degrade over that time.

When I first joined it, discussions could last several pages before (if at all) going into a mindless fuck fest of trolls.
A year ago I started noticing this happening much sooner, and on almost every video. But, the videos were still good - in some ways they lived up to Liveleak's quote "redefining the media".

In the past few months though it's become much like youtube. It's rare to not have a video's comments descend into a political/racial flame war by the first 5 comments. Their featured media is a bunch of "LOL HE GOTZ OWNED" style videos they grabbed off youtube. But even than I stayed for the choice ribs of the videos.

But then this got submitted in the politics section.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=566_1248701639

How the hell does that get into politics? I'm done with liveleak.
</rant>

Cruelbreed
07-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Honestly, I think the shit storm of trolls, ranting and just childish posts will exist everywhere. How do you get rid of them when you're trying to build a successful site? Just ban everyone?

nastyleg
07-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Trolls are everywere. All you can do is just ignore.

windexglow
07-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Honestly, I think the shit storm of trolls, ranting and just childish posts will exist everywhere. How do you get rid of them when you're trying to build a successful site? Just ban everyone?

Originally the site was actually pretty good, but the lack of any rules just encouraged them to try harder and harder to get attention.

And yes, trolls are everywhere, but there's a point where a website just isn't worth going to because of them.

Stark
07-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Not going to happen here - you have to understand one thing - LL is crazy big - look at their poll - in a week over 20.000 votes.
That should give you an indication how big they are.

AC is never (hopefully) reach that size - I always said this and I will continue to drive my plan for this page.
It's a smaller military community - I don't need this to have millions of view and posts and comments.
AC is good as it is.

AC is not LL never will be never was - this is a different page.

Markoxx
07-27-2009, 05:42 PM
not going to happen here - you have to understand one thing - ll is crazy big - look at their poll - in a week over 20.000 votes.

Ac is never (hopefully) reach that size - i always said this and i will continue to drive my plan for this page.
It's a smaller military community - i don't need this to have millions of view and posts and comments.
Ac is good as it is.

Ac is not ll never will be never was - this is a different page.

amen

Toki
08-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm done with LL too. The trolls and Cunt Mother has made me leave after being there from almost the beginning. I hope I never see AC that big and that non-moderated. (not trying to offend you Stark)

ghost
08-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Not going to happen here - you have to understand one thing - LL is crazy big - look at their poll - in a week over 20.000 votes.

AC is never (hopefully) reach that size - I always said this and I will continue to drive my plan for this page.
It's a smaller military community - I don't need this to have millions of view and posts and comments.
AC is good as it is.

AC is not LL never will be never was - this is a different page.

Fuck yeah.

dajini
08-04-2009, 04:59 PM
I despise liveleak. It used to be good and it had tons of original military videos. Now it's becoming more and more like youtube... I'm not a gore freak or anything, but when there's three pages of random bullshit, an old IED video from 2004, an old firefight video, two more pages of bullshit, a video about Obama with 769 troll replies, another page of random bullshit, another old IED video... that just doesn't work for me. I'm there to watch military videos, not videos of kids falling on trampolines.

The trolls got irritating as well. I don't care if you disagree with me, but there's a difference between "The US occupation in Iraq is unjustified. There was no evidence of WMD's, and the Iraq war only turned Muslim opinion against the United States" and "LOLLOL amerikkkan soldiers in Iraq DIE FROM my brotherz ieds BURN IN HELL PIGS"

Here's some brilliant, intelligent, well thought out comments on my page on liveleak:

<b>"well wow you and perfect american, just because he sits down and protects a mosuqe its bad for islam?, **** off, i really think thoses christian bastards that dies in iraq, afghanistan and my favourite 9/11 deserved it as hell and i hope you lost someone in iraq, dirty american pig ****er."</b>

<b>"It's just because the superpowers like USA and USSR (Russia) act like they own their country while the cold war.

U American are not more than aggressors and oppressors, ask your history what did they (Americans) done to the Red Indians (the Red Indians are the original tribe of north America and they're not moslems), GENOCIDE; and while you answering the question; someone will slap u for no reason."</b>

Apparently, every American is Christian, 9/11 was totally justified, a Muslim holding a Koran and an RPG in front of a mosque still means the religion is peaceful, and we "act like our country while the cold war."

ghost
08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
I despise liveleak. It used to be good and it had tons of original military videos. Now it's becoming more and more like youtube... I'm not a gore freak or anything, but when there's three pages of random bullshit, an old IED video from 2004, an old firefight video, two more pages of bullshit, a video about Obama with 769 troll replies, another page of random bullshit, another old IED video... that just doesn't work for me. I'm there to watch military videos, not videos of kids falling on trampolines.

The trolls got irritating as well. I don't care if you disagree with me, but there's a difference between "The US occupation in Iraq is unjustified. There was no evidence of WMD's, and the Iraq war only turned Muslim opinion against the United States" and "LOLLOL amerikkkan soldiers in Iraq DIE FROM my brotherz ieds BURN IN HELL PIGS"

Here's some brilliant, intelligent, well thought out comments on my page on liveleak:

<b>"well wow you and perfect american, just because he sits down and protects a mosuqe its bad for islam?, **** off, i really think thoses christian bastards that dies in iraq, afghanistan and my favourite 9/11 deserved it as hell and i hope you lost someone in iraq, dirty american pig ****er."</b>

<b>"It's just because the superpowers like USA and USSR (Russia) act like they own their country while the cold war.

U American are not more than aggressors and oppressors, ask your history what did they (Americans) done to the Red Indians (the Red Indians are the original tribe of north America and they're not moslems), GENOCIDE; and while you answering the question; someone will slap u for no reason."</b>

Apparently, every American is Christian, 9/11 was totally justified, a Muslim holding a Koran and an RPG in front of a mosque still means the religion is peaceful, and we "act like our country while the cold war."

If only they would explain themselves a little more. Without any explanation, it just looks like every other "we're in Iraq for oil" post.

nastyleg
08-04-2009, 05:30 PM
If only they would explain themselves a little more. Without any explanation, it just looks like every other "we're in Iraq for oil" post.

That would require brain power. Since most of those poster fail to realise thier own history and facts makes them ase useful as congress.

dajini
08-06-2009, 05:31 AM

Not to mention that most of the internet jihadists are posting from Western countries like the UK or Sweden. Ugh, Swedish users were terrible. It was almost a guarantee that they'd be some Muslim troll.