PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Obama?

mp5punk
07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Im just curious to what you guys think of Obama. Its nearing his first six months and i have to say, im NOT impressed. His plan for health care seems to be going no where. His idea of maybe putting taxes on ammunition seem out of proportion to me. His involvement with such little things like a cop and a black guy arguing is none of the Presidents business, he should be concerned with more important things like the war, or jobs, the nations bankruptcy. I just see him getting involoved in too many little things and not enough of the overall BIG picture. I bet a lot of you disagree with me but this is my opinion what do you guys think?

ghost
07-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I think he's naive, and too much of a "nice guy". The problem is that he's trying to be everyone's friend. And that doesn't work. If you try to make everyone happy, and make compromises with everyone, then you obviously don't stand for anything.

One example would be the closing of Guantanamo. It's being closed because it's controversial. But this is a different topic.

bobdina
07-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Not to mention when he said I have great health care it doesn't affect me I'm doing it for the people that don't. I couldn't believe that when I saw it on the news. If he's so worried about health care why doesn't he have him, all future president's and congress have the same health plan the average middle class family has. I cannot see how that bill could possibly be voted down in congress with today's climate. And before you guy's say he doesn't make law's all he has to do is publicly suggest it, after all he is the highest ranking elected democrat and hold a lot of power over the democrats by refusing to go to fundraisers for them or publicly endorse them for office.. I had such high hopes for him too so I am not a President Obama total hater yet, I am just very disappointed in a lot of things he has done and I'm getting there fast. And I'm sorry but I hate hearing it was all President Bush's fault ,how long did the democrats hold power in congress before President Obama was elected? And by the way I also had disdain for people blaming President Clinton for 9/11. Hindsight is 20/20 as the saying goes.I'm sure if President Clinton knew 9/11 was going to happen he would have done something after all at the time of his presidency he deployed the military more then any other President.

mp5punk
07-27-2009, 12:51 AM
So true bob, he is trying to be everyones friend, i havent heard him say no to 1 thing yet lmao. But if he dosent learn how to say no yet its gonna cause problems, he needs to shape up and look at the big picture i did have high hopes for him but now they are falling.

nastyleg
07-27-2009, 01:38 AM
To me it seems as though he wants to punish everyone who is successful. Listen just because you are rich does not mean you are evil or greedy. I would like to see one politican by honest. Dems, Repubs, Indep, all need to have thier feet held to the fire to keep them honest. Universal health Care does not and will not work.

scoutsout80
07-27-2009, 09:31 AM
An empty suit.

scoutsout80
07-27-2009, 11:17 AM
We've Figured Him Out
By Ben Stein on 7.24.09 @ 9:45AM

Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed?

Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:

The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books. They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.

They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student. They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator, and Senator.

The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he was being touted as a scholar.

Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth. Barack Obama is a super likeable super leftist, not a fan of this country, way, way too cozy with the terrorist leaders in the Middle East, way beyond naïveté, all the way into active destruction of our interests and our allies and our future.

The American people have already awakened to the truth that the stimulus bill -- a great idea in theory -- was really an immense bribe to Democrat interest groups, and in no way an effort to help all Americans.

Now, Americans are waking up to the truth that ObamaCare basically means that every time you are sick or injured, you will have a clerk from the Department of Motor Vehicles telling your doctor what he can and cannot do.

The American people already know that Mr. Obama's plan to lower health costs while expanding coverage and bureaucracy is a myth, a promise of something that never was and never will be -- a bureaucracy lowering costs in a free society. Either the costs go up or the free society goes away.

These are perilous times. Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State, has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayal of the nation. Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care. It will be joined by controls on our lives to "protect us" from global warming, itself largely a fraud if believed to be caused by man.

Mr. Obama knows Americans are getting wise and will stop him if he delays at all in taking away our freedoms.

There is his urgency and our opportunity. Once freedom is lost, America is lost. Wake up, beloved America.

Cruelbreed
07-27-2009, 12:58 PM
He's doing too little on too much.

nastyleg
07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
We've Figured Him Out
By Ben Stein on 7.24.09 @ 9:45AM

Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed?

Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:

The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.

They ignored his anti-white writings in his books. They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.

They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student. They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator, and Senator.

The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he was being touted as a scholar.

Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth. Barack Obama is a super likeable super leftist, not a fan of this country, way, way too cozy with the terrorist leaders in the Middle East, way beyond naïveté, all the way into active destruction of our interests and our allies and our future.

The American people have already awakened to the truth that the stimulus bill -- a great idea in theory -- was really an immense bribe to Democrat interest groups, and in no way an effort to help all Americans.

Now, Americans are waking up to the truth that ObamaCare basically means that every time you are sick or injured, you will have a clerk from the Department of Motor Vehicles telling your doctor what he can and cannot do.

The American people already know that Mr. Obama's plan to lower health costs while expanding coverage and bureaucracy is a myth, a promise of something that never was and never will be -- a bureaucracy lowering costs in a free society. Either the costs go up or the free society goes away.

These are perilous times. Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State, has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayal of the nation. Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care. It will be joined by controls on our lives to "protect us" from global warming, itself largely a fraud if believed to be caused by man.

Mr. Obama knows Americans are getting wise and will stop him if he delays at all in taking away our freedoms.

There is his urgency and our opportunity. Once freedom is lost, America is lost. Wake up, beloved America.

Hit the nail on the head.

Lex
07-29-2009, 10:50 PM
He goes anywhere and everywhere to apologize for America and the evils of this country. This kind of garbage portrays the U.S. to our enemies as week and easily swayed to there way of thinking.

He's a pussy.

ghost
07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
He goes anywhere and everywhere to apologize for America and the evils of this country. This kind of garbage portrays the U.S. to our enemies as week and easily swayed to there way of thinking.

He's a pussy.

Exactly.