PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Highway Patrol Fight with EMT

Cruelbreed
07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
YouTube - Oklahoma Highway Patrol fight with EMT

MIMedic
07-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah here's the dashcam clip from that event.

YouTube - Full Dash Cam Video of Oklahoma Highway Patrol vs EMT

The trooper got 5 days suspension, the paramedic was not charged with any crime. Now, the paramedic is suing the cop because of excessive force. We'll see how this turns out.

bobdina
07-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah here's the dashcam clip from that event.

YouTube - Full Dash Cam Video of Oklahoma Highway Patrol vs EMT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4G37Ouy164)

The trooper got 5 days suspension, the paramedic was not charged with any crime. Now, the paramedic is suing the cop because of excessive force. We'll see how this turns out.

Well at first no matter why your pulled over the officer speaks to the driver only, however I do see why the supervisor came out to explain they had a patient in the rig. He offered to sort it out even be arrested at the hospital that's where it should have ended. As for the excessive force case I don't think he will win as the supreme court has affirmed on many cases officers are allowed to use whatever force necessary to effect the arrest even if it turns out later the arrest was wrong. What happens in 99.9% of these cases is the Cities or Counties settle before trial to save the cost of going to trial(very expensive). I truly think that officer had adrenaline over load as he was going to a hot call then wasn't needed yet he was still pumped up. This is the reason you see so many beatings after a high speed chase. In summation officer was wrong and had the I'm a State Trooper syndrome you can't talk back to me.

Cruelbreed
07-24-2009, 10:13 PM
I wasn't a fan of holding hte neck, that would have pissed me off for sure.

bobdina
07-25-2009, 01:42 AM
I totally agree with you Most States have banned that as it only takes a few pounds of pressure on the larynx to crush it. I've seen 8 pounds, 60 pounds and 150 pounds . The Palm Beach county police academy teaches 3 pounds of pressure but that might be just to scare guy's into not using any choke hold at all. Remember 150 pounds of pressure ain't much.

Sixx
07-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Here's the incident reports.

http://static.ktul.com/documents/emtstatement_0509.pdf

http://static.ktul.com/documents/franksstatement_0509.pdf

On Mr. White's report he stated the patrolman told White's partner he was gonna escalate it to deadly force or someshit like that...

mp5punk
08-02-2009, 10:34 PM
ffs stupid EMT..

dj1023
08-11-2009, 09:41 PM
ffs stupid EMT..

Elaborate?

Oh... And hi. New to the site. Us Army 11b/OIF Vet.

Sixx
08-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Elaborate?

Oh... And hi. New to the site. Us Army 11b/OIF Vet.

Welcome, and I think that cop was out of line.

Markoxx
08-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Well at first no matter why your pulled over the officer speaks to the driver only, however I do see why the supervisor came out to explain they had a patient in the rig. He offered to sort it out even be arrested at the hospital that's where it should have ended. As for the excessive force case I don't think he will win as the supreme court has affirmed on many cases officers are allowed to use whatever force necessary to effect the arrest even if it turns out later the arrest was wrong. What happens in 99.9% of these cases is the Cities or Counties settle before trial to save the cost of going to trial(very expensive). I truly think that officer had adrenaline over load as he was going to a hot call then wasn't needed yet he was still pumped up. This is the reason you see so many beatings after a high speed chase. In summation officer was wrong and had the I'm a State Trooper syndrome you can't talk back to me.

i dont live in usa. but didnt actually know about that.