PDA

View Full Version : Canada Medal of Military Valour Joseph Jason Lee

bobdina
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Corporal Joseph Jason Lee Ruffolo, MMV
Petawawa, Ontario; and Montréal, Québec
Medal of Military Valour

Corporal Ruffolo was deployed with Charles Company of the 1st Royal Canadian Regiment Battle Group in Afghanistan. On September 3, 2006, while he was engaged in combat operations in the opening phase of Operation Medusa, a bulldozer vainly attempted to extract his light armoured vehicle and came under heavy enemy fire. Without regard for his own safety, Corporal Ruffolo placed himself in a very vulnerable position to unhook his vehicle. In a subsequent attack, he again exposed himself to enemy fire to render first aid to a casualty. His courage and professionalism under extreme duress brought great credit to the Canadian Forces and to Canada.

Of further note, on 28 June 2007, Governor General Jean announced the awarding of two additional Medals of Military Valour, two Meritorious Service Crosses, and seven Meritorious Service Medals to members of the Canadian Special Operations Forces Command for gallantry and devotion to duty in combat. For security and operational reasons, recipients’ names and citations are not being released.

bobdina
08-05-2009, 06:00 PM
If you have any pictures or more info please post.All I can find for these Canadians are what the citations say. I would appreciate any more info or where I can find info on theses guy's. I have looked all over and this is all I can find. Thanks in advance, Bob

nastyleg
08-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Good read.