PDA

View Full Version : Al Qaeda 'Jihad' Call condemed by Muslims

bobdina
07-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Al Qaeda 'Jihad' Call Blasted
July 18, 2009
McClatchy-Tribune Information Services

Bahrain's Pakistan community has lashed out at the comments of a senior Al Qaeda leader who called for Muslims across the war-torn nation to join the fight against the US.

The terrorist group's second-in-command Ayman Al Zawahiri has accused America of occupying the south-Asian country and warned only jihad could prevent the destruction of the Islamic state.

"It is the duty of every Muslim in Pakistan to join the Mujahideen," he reportedly said during an audio recording on an Al Qaeda-linked website.

Al Zawahiri, who is rumoured to be hiding in the country's lawless tribal belt along the border with Afghanistan with Osama bin Laden, also called on people to contribute funds towards the so-called holy war.

But Hamza Moghul, 21, born in the UK but of Pakistani descent, strongly condemned the comments.

"First of all, it is completely ignorant for Al Zawahiri to claim the US is occupying Pakistan because it is not," said the Manchester University law student spending the summer in Bahrain with his parents.

"I believe it is the other way around; the Mujahideen are occupying Pakistan.

"The US is in Pakistan to wipe out the extremists who are inhibiting our country's development.

"These people are not Muslims -- Islam is a religion of peace and too many people are being brainwashed by this hateful group."

Mr Moghul, however, said he was suspicious of the reasoning behind the increasing infiltration of US soldiers into Pakistan, claiming America appeared to be exploiting the situation for its own ends.

"They are taking advantage of a situation where they can influence so many people.

"We've seen it happen time and again."

Habib Bank country manager Syed Aqdas Ahmed said the terrorist's comments would get short shrift from anyone connected to Pakistan.

"The whole world knows what they are doing and Muslims are sensible enough to understand which way they have to select for themselves," said the 41-year-old.

"Muslims and non-Muslims who travel to the US and know Americans well would never accept this.

"I am a Muslim and a Pakistani and I follow my beliefs but this doesn't mean I am an extremist."

Kainat Hameed, 22, an executive secretary for a heavy industry company, condemned Al Zawahiri's comments but believes there is a conspiracy surrounding the US invasion.

"When the US stops funding the Taliban I would love to take their side," she told the GDN.

"It's a farce, it's a distraction and it all fits at the perfect time. It's quite clear that it's a power-play (America's interest in Pakistan).

"This isn't political, it's purely economic and people get confused about that.

"It's a nice long-term plan the US has put into place."

Sham Zai Khan, who works in Bahrain and owns a three-storey hotel and a cold store in the Swat town of the same name, said Al Qaeda was ruining the name of the people of Pakistan.

"These people are asking us to join them but they are not even sure of what they are doing," said the father-of-eight.

"They think they will be able to fight the US but I believe the US is way stronger.

"Even if we all join them, they would not reach the target they are aiming for. It would just lead to the deaths of innocent people."

Mr Khan, 55, said Al Qaeda and its followers had hijacked the Quran and manipulated it for their benefit.

"Most of them are not part of the real Mujahideen; they are impostors and do bad deeds to ruin the name of Islam and Muslims.

"Islam does not ask them to split into their own groups and kill others for no reason. Islam teaches people peace and love but not hatred.

"What happened in my town was all because of the Taliban who are aligned with Al Qaeda.

"They killed innocent people and many were left homeless due to the war that started in April."

Strategy consulting firm consultant Musadik Malik described Al Zawahiri's comments as "pointless" but said Pakistan needed to wage a kind of jihad.

"We don't have a clear picture of how we want our children to grow up," he warned.

"We need to try and identify the injustices in Pakistan and the number of people who don't have access to clean water.

"Our primary effort should be launching jihad against our own system.

"We should devote our efforts to a system that provides a future for our children.

"The only jihad I think of is to create a dignified life for Pakistanis."

Mr Malik, 46, believes no one in Pakistan will pay attention to Al Zawahiri's comments as they struggle to feed their families and keep them safe.

Banker Rajan Malik, 45, was against the invasion of US troops and Al Qaeda in Pakistan.

"I am neither a supporter of Al Qaeda, nor am I a supporter of the US policy in Pakistan.

"I believe we need to fashion an independent policy which neutralises extremism and safeguards Pakistan's sovereignty."

Freelance painter and mason Mohammed Zeb Sher Khan called on Pakistan and the Muslim world to unite to avoid being exploited by outside influences.

"See what's happening in Iran, Iraq, Palestine and Kashmir.

"The Americans are taking advantage when they should not be. Why are they the ones who invade?

"It's all because Muslims are not united. If they were united, not even a superpower like the US would ever interfere."

The 40-year-old said Pakistanis were often unfairly branded as terrorists because of the action of groups like Al Qaeda.

"Lots of things are happening in the US, but did any Muslim ever intervene?

"We should be like them, but until we unite, we can't face them or any other country.

"So Muslims have to take a stand and unite, instead of fighting and pulling each other's legs!"

HennyHuisman
07-20-2009, 08:07 AM
[average-apacheclips-commenter-mode]

Bullshit! This is all propaganda. All muslims are evil and try to kill all non-believers. We should kill them all before they take over the world, there are no friendly muslims!

[/average-apacheclips-commenter-mode]

ghost
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Bullshit! This is all propaganda. All muslims are evil and try to kill all non-believers. We should kill them all before they take over the world, there are no friendly muslims!

That's got to be the most ignorant thing that I've ever heard. Do you know any muslims?

Cruelbreed
07-20-2009, 12:32 PM
He wrote

around the words in sarcasm :P

HennyHuisman
07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
That's got to be the most ignorant thing that I've ever heard. Do you know any Muslims?

That was sarcasm off course, note the "modes". In fact I know many muslims, most of my coworkers and friends are muslims (i'm not). That's why I feel angry often when reading comments on this site. It seems like a lot of people here just have deep (unfunded) hate for anything that is Islam and this is starting to look like Nazism. It's so frustrating since all of the Muslims I know (like I said quite a few) condemn all Islamic extremism in the fiercest possible way.

Then there are these assholes that at one time say "the people in Iraq and Afghanistan should be grateful for the fact that we freed them", and a second later they say shit like "kill all Muslims".

Cruelbreed
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
That was sarcasm off course, note the "modes". In fact I know many muslims, most of my coworkers and friends are muslims (i'm not). That's why I feel angry often when reading comments on this site. It seems like a lot of people here just have deep (unfunded) hate for anything that is Islam and this is starting to look like Nazism. It's so frustrating since all of the Muslims I know (like I said quite a few) condemn all Islamic extremism in the fiercest possible way.

Then there are these assholes that at one time say "the people in Iraq and Afghanistan should be grateful for the fact that we freed them", and a second later they say shit like "kill all Muslims".

Hey Henny, I want to thank you for voicing your opinion in a very humble manner. You speak truth, i've entered many a voice chat room where even the word Muslim will bring on a flurry of hate filled remarks in every direction. I remember mentioning to a person about muslim friends from Saudi Arabia at the University, immediate remarks were "YOU HAVE MUSLIM FRIENDS, YOU ALLY YOURSELF WITH TERRORISTS?" It's just crazy how ignorant some people are in the world. I hope sticking around the forums will perhaps show you that not all of us think in this manner.

I'm glad that this is also not the military approach to the situation, as we all would know the Civilian toll would be FAR different then it is now.

Once again thanks for getting involved. It's always noble to put down our hatred and learn about the culture of others.

ghost
07-20-2009, 08:35 PM

Alright. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to jump on you so quickly, then.

HennyHuisman
07-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Alright. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to jump on you so quickly, then.

No problem man, actually i'm glad you reacted like this. Good to see folks here that do know how to put things in perspective.

HennyHuisman
07-21-2009, 03:44 AM
Hey Henny, I want to thank you for voicing your opinion in a very humble manner. You speak truth, i've entered many a voice chat room where even the word Muslim will bring on a flurry of hate filled remarks in every direction. I remember mentioning to a person about muslim friends from Saudi Arabia at the University, immediate remarks were "YOU HAVE MUSLIM FRIENDS, YOU ALLY YOURSELF WITH TERRORISTS?" It's just crazy how ignorant some people are in the world. I hope sticking around the forums will perhaps show you that not all of us think in this manner.

I'm glad that this is also not the military approach to the situation, as we all would know the Civilian toll would be FAR different then it is now.

Once again thanks for getting involved. It's always noble to put down our hatred and learn about the culture of others.

Thanks for the kind words man, appreciate it. Some people really need to learn that one can only judge individuals, not whole nations or religions. There's two sides to every story, but often people just see what they want to see.

This applies to quite a few of the commenters on this site. They watch a few extremist clips and that is enough for them to start hating everything that is related to Islam. It's so narrow minded, wrong and unfair and it makes me angry sometimes.

I always feel the need to confront these people with their stupidity but it's often hard because it's not really possible to start a normal discussion. Anyway i'm glad that you (and i'm sure more people on here) are living with your eyes open.

silvertree
07-21-2009, 10:39 AM
hehe I've got a kurdish friend from northern Iraq, man that guy is one crazy mofo, great guy but man did he hate saddam (he came from a village that got gassed the day after they left). I loved our talks about religion, like I said one hell of a guy.