PDA

View Full Version : MarSOC in Action

Cruelbreed
07-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Apache Clips - Special Operations

bobdina
07-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Guy's I would like your opinion on this - The plan, the memorandum of agreement with Headquarters Marine Corps, is that MARSOC will keep the majority of operators for five years thats about 1,256 Marines. The rest of the Marines who are our support and maintenance, they will spend a normal three-year tour in MarSOC and then return to the Marine Corps.Hejlik(a Marine Spokesman) maintains that, once a Marine or sailors MarSOC tour is up, they'll be sent back to the general population.
We've had some Marines already return to Mother Marine Corps, as we like to refer to it, he said. These operators to 5 year tours then return to the regular Corps. here's a link ,My question is ,is it good to spread the knowledge or is it a waste of good training? And once you go through all that training and get qualified then sent back to the fleet is it fair they have to compete for a spot again years down the road do you think it will effect these high speed guys in a so called regular Marine unit come re-enlistment time. No wrong answers just opinions. I feel it's good they get to spread the knowledge around as STAYFROSTY has stated however I also think it may hurt retaining these guys as once they have the bug they can go elsewhere after ETS'ing (CIA, Army S.F., Pararescue ,SEALS just to name a few)

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/07/marine_marsoc_072908w/

great vid by the way

Cruelbreed
07-21-2009, 11:41 AM
It's good to share the experience. Having to re-qualify for positions perhaps keeps the physical standards up. Maybe the goals are different, are they trying to get as many people the training as possible?