PDA

View Full Version : Obama Reason Reservist Refuses Deployment

scoutsout80
07-15-2009, 09:44 AM
U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, set to deploy to Afghanistan, says he shouldn’t have to go.

His reason?

Barack Obama was never eligible to be president because he wasn’t born in the United States.

Cook’s lawyer, Orly Taitz, who has also challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed a request last week in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector for her client.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia — the California-based Taitz asks the court to consider granting his client’s request based upon Cook’s belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cook further states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. ... simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”

Cook, a reservist, received the orders mobilizing him to active duty on June 9.

According to this document, which accompanies Cook’s July 8 application for a temporary restraining order, he has been ordered to report to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., on Wednesday. From there, the Florida resident would go to Fort Benning before deploying overseas.

Documents show Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state.

A hearing to discuss Cook’s requests will take place in federal court here Thursday at 9:30 a.m.

bobdina
07-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't understand this one maybe someone can help my feeble mind. If he was born in Hawaii after it became a state how is he not a U.S. Citizen?

scoutsout80
07-15-2009, 10:24 AM
I think the argument is not included in the article....I have heard some people say he does not have a correct birth certificate....maybe this is a stunt to get the documents public which Obama has not done to my knowledge. Wouldn't that be interesting if true.

bobdina
07-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Ahhh thanks, I had no Idea he hadn't made them public makes sense now. I wonder why he hasn't made them public, things that make ya go hmmm

bobdina
07-15-2009, 01:50 PM
The attorney representing an Army major fighting deployment to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama is not legally his commander-in-chief is declaring victory after the Soldier's orders were revoked yesterday.

California lawyer Orly Taitz says any service member may now refuse any order by questioning Obama's legitimacy.

"Do you know what this means?" Taitz asked in a telephone interview with Military.com Tuesday, about an hour after hearing from Maj. Stefan Cook, the officer fighting his deployment to Afghanistan. "It means the Obama administration has blinked. They have no cards to play with. The moment I filed a lawsuit, they didn't even fight!"

"Can you imagine what are the consequences? This is disastrous" for the administration, she said. "We'll have no military. Because anytime any Soldier, any Sailor, any Airman does not want to follow any orders, all he has to do is call an attorney and say 'I don't want to follow this order because I question the legitimacy of the commander in chief.' "

U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, the reserve soldier who says he shouldn't have to go to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama was never eligible to be president, has had his deployment orders revoked, Army officials said.

Lt. Col. Maria Quon, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Army Human Resources Command-St. Louis, said Cook was no longer expected to report today to MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., for mobilization to active duty, according to a report in the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer of Georgia.

The paper said Cook, as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee, had volunteered for a year's deployment to Afghanistan on May 8 and his orders were issued June 9. Quon told the paper that IMAs who volunteer may ask for a revocation up until their reporting date, but that Cook had not asked for this. Quon also told the paper she could not say why the Army had revoked his orders, citing the Privacy Act.

Taitz has been leading an effort to have Obama release a so-called "vault copy" of his birth certificate showing he was born in Hawaii. While the birth certificate that Obama released previously showed he was born in Hawaii, Taitz and others -- who have been dubbed "birthers" for their passionate doubt of Obama's citizenship -- believe it's a phony.

Taitz claims she has 170 service members who have joined her legal battle against Obama.

Taitz filed Cook's case in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia on July 8, according to the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. In the lawsuit, she told the court that Cook does not believe Obama is a natural-born U.S. citizen, and so cannot serve as president and commander-in-chief.

To follow Obama's orders, she argued, would put Cook in violation of international law because he'd be taking part in military operations outside the president's command, the paper reported Tuesday. A hearing was scheduled for July 16 on the complaint.

In February, Taitz took up the cause of Army 1st Lt. Scott Easterling, who is deployed to Iraq. Easterling, in a letter published on the Web site Defendourfreedoms.com, called Obama "a usurper to the Office -- an imposter."

Army officials told Military.com at the time they were aware of Easterling's statements but offered no further comment.

Taitz said Easterling is still in Iraq but she believes he will be returning home in August. She is attempting to have his case heard by the U.S. Supreme Court, which has already kicked it back once.

On Tuesday's "Countdown" show on MSNBC, host Keith Olbermann named both Taitz and Cook as his "Worst Person in the World" for the case they have brought in Georgia.

Olbermann criticized Taitz for the various "birther" lawsuits she has brought against Obama, calling her a "con woman." But he reserved his harshest words for Cook, who he argues is just using the birth certificate flap as an excuse to get out of duty in Afghanistan.

Recalling his own determination in the 1960s that, if drafted, he would oppose it because he didn't want to get shot and killed, he said: "too bad Maj. Cook doesn't have the guts to say that. Then he might be deserving of his rank rather than an embarrassment to all those who served without cowardice."

Cruelbreed
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Are you kidding me, people are still going on with this bullshit? It still begs the question after all this time, how has this birth certificate not be produced. Eh this is fucking weird.

bobdina
07-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Are you kidding me, people are still going on with this bullshit? It still begs the question after all this time, how has this birth certificate not be produced. Eh this is fucking weird.

Not only that but for the Army to rescind a deployment order to someone who refuses to deploy is unimaginable , it may have happened but I never read about it.

scoutsout80
07-15-2009, 06:07 PM
President Joe Biden........that would be interesting to hear the gaffes alone....just saying