PDA

View Full Version : Missing GI Reportedly Sold to Militant Clan

Woodbutcher824
07-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Missing GI Reportedly Sold to Militant Clan
July 02, 2009
UPI

KABUL, Afghanistan -- A missing U.S. Soldier thought to have been captured in southeastern Afghanistan has been sold to a militant clan, a U.S. military official said Thursday.

The unidentified senior military official told CNN the Soldier, whose name was not released, was captured along with three Afghan Soldiers and then sold to a militant group led by warlord Siraj Haqqani.

The official added Haqqani clan officials are discussing ways to legitimize taking custody of the U.S. Soldier.

The Soldier went missing Tuesday after reportedly leaving his small outpost alone and apparently unarmed.

Taliban commander Mulvi Sangeen said later the Soldier was captured along with three Afghan troops by Taliban forces.

Sangeen claimed the Soldier was apprehended while drunk following a visit to a military post in the Yousaf Khel district. CNN said an anonymous U.S. military source has denied the Soldier was intoxicated while Sangeen's account of events has gone unverified.

Has anyone see this??
All I have to say is WTF????

ghost
07-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm really surprised that we haven't heard anymore about this.

bobdina
07-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I read in the Army times they are doing this on purpose for the soldiers family and not to give the insurgents any propaganda victories. I'm sure they're hoping for frustration and an electronic slip up so they can pin point him .

Woodbutcher824
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm not trying to be funny, but did he have to take a shit that bad?

Wandering around the outpost without a weapon?

Almost seems like a death wish or something.

bobdina
07-12-2009, 08:10 PM

No one knows what happened , again for the family. I refuse to second guess anybodies actions unless I was in their shoes which is impossible. I have read he went to get drunk,he went for a prostitute or he was actually kidnapped . I don't know and I don't think we will ever find out. He was brave enough to go in harms way and that's all that matters to me. Oh and congrats on the kids good luck

Woodbutcher824
07-12-2009, 08:17 PM
No one knows what happened , again for the family. I refuse to second guess anybodies actions unless I was in their shoes which is impossible. I have read he went to get drunk,he went for a prostitute or he was actually kidnapped . I don't know and I don't think we will ever find out. He was brave enough to go in harms way and that's all that matters to me. Oh and congrats on the kids good luck

Thanks Bob.

I'm not busting on the trooper and I'm not trying to second guess. But you are right, we are not walking in his boots or think inside the helmet. If we look at history, stranger things have happened. I do feel for the family though.

ghost
07-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, I hope we find him, and get him back safe.

nastyleg
07-13-2009, 01:37 AM
whateer the case maybe all we can do is pray for his sfae return

Cruelbreed
07-13-2009, 03:01 AM
I just hope he makes it home. I don't want to think about what he might have to go through. sad times

Yono
07-13-2009, 03:15 AM
God, this is terribal. I hope he makes it home.

Cruelbreed
07-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Not to be negative or unsentimental. But if he's Army how much you guys want to bet the Marines are going to be poking some fun?

Stark
07-13-2009, 06:03 AM

he didn't - woddy come on - nobody needs to take a shit outside the perimiter, he was after some pussy and was being promised to fuck a prostitue.
If this is true than as harsh as this sounds I don't care that much what happens to him - he did not only endanger himself but also others just because he cannot do what the rest of the guys do which is naturaly crack one off.

Woodbutcher824
07-13-2009, 07:42 AM
he didn't - woddy come on - nobody needs to take a shit outside the perimiter, he was after some pussy and was being promised to fuck a prostitue.
If this is true than as harsh as this sounds I don't care that much what happens to him - he did not only endanger himself but also others just because he cannot do what the rest of the guys do which is naturaly crack one off.

Roger that. (pulling head out of my ass)

nastyleg
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM

If he was drunk and was going for pussy he deserves a military court martial not to be tortured then beheaded. Which is more than likely what is going to happen if the US Army or coalition forces dont find him soon. I highly doubt that as a soldier you ever hated another soldier so much that you wish him the worst kind of death. I feal and understand the importance of this situation but first and formost he needs to be recovered....then investigated.....then judgement....until then I will pray for his safe return.

Stark
07-14-2009, 04:38 PM
If he was drunk and was going for pussy he deserves a military court martial not to be tortured then beheaded. Which is more than likely what is going to happen if the US Army or coalition forces dont find him soon. I highly doubt that as a soldier you ever hated another soldier so much that you wish him the worst kind of death. I feal and understand the importance of this situation but first and formost he needs to be recovered....then investigated.....then judgement....until then I will pray for his safe return.
course I want him to return save and unharmed - I think you missunderstood me - sure I know "what side I am on" - but I think it;s important to notice the kinda brought this on to himself.
I mean I be more tahn sure that thye ahve savety briefing and have been told numberous times NOT to go outside.
All that for pussy is ... well kinda stupid.

greenmamba
07-14-2009, 05:03 PM
However the fucking flipflops have got kidnapped him and for what ever he was out ..

My prayers are with him and I really hope he makes it back..

nastyleg
07-14-2009, 05:35 PM
course I want him to return save and unharmed - I think you missunderstood me - sure I know "what side I am on" - but I think it;s important to notice the kinda brought this on to himself.
I mean I be more tahn sure that thye ahve savety briefing and have been told numberous times NOT to go outside.
All that for pussy is ... well kinda stupid.

Point made sorry subject a little touchy for me is all...lost a friend in Yousafia, Iraq or how ever you spell that fucking place.
http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070524/NEWS/70524023/1033/NEWS01
Sorry if I pissed you off......still got a lot of friends on active duty that I lost contact with and this is the worst way to find out about them.
We served together in A4/31. Last time I saw him he was a PFC. It is my understanding that he was on of 4 kidnapped. Either way they were Polar Bears.