PDA

View Full Version : What for handguns use the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan

pickup
07-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Hello,
this is my first post in this forum and my english is not so good.
The title say my question. What for handguns/pistols are useing the mujis in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Glock Walther Steyr
Beretta FN Browning HP
S&W Sig Sauer
Mauser CZ
H&K Colt
Taurus Desert Eagle
Star Vector That are the popularst producer in the world maybe i forget some

Have insurgents this pistols or using the mujis complete other pistols.
Sorry for my poor english.
Can someone answer the question out of his experiense.

Yono
07-12-2009, 06:21 AM
I havent ever actually seen one, or faught one. But I can tell you that alot of them use Glocks.

Cheap and good. Many people in the Middle east use them.

Cruelbreed
07-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the forum and that's a pretty interesting question you got there. It reminded me of what a buddy of mine that was a Marine in Iraq said to me once. He said the Iraqi people feared the handgun more than even the rifle because that is how they were executed. Or it could have been more to the tune of that's what Saddam and his Henchman carried and abused people with.

Sorry if that was an irrelevant answer but i'll look into it.

bobdina
07-12-2009, 04:24 PM
In Afghanistan I would think none unless it's a high leader trying to look good as most of the engagements are long distance (my humble opinion) In Iraq I have to agree with cruelbreed . I said it before and I'll say it again I've been wrong in the past so I could be wrong here.

nastyleg
07-13-2009, 02:05 AM
I have seen a lot of "stolen" glocks. More however takarov's and browning HI Powers.

pickup
07-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the forum and that's a pretty interesting question you got there. It reminded me of what a buddy of mine that was a Marine in Iraq said to me once. He said the Iraqi people feared the handgun more than even the rifle because that is how they were executed. Or it could have been more to the tune of that's what Saddam and his Henchman carried and abused people with.

Sorry if that was an irrelevant answer but i'll look into it.

Thank you for the welcome Cruelbreed!

I've heared the same grounds that the mujis feared the handgun more as an rifle.

pickup
07-14-2009, 02:13 AM
The Glock pistol are produced in Austria. On wich way become mujis Glock pistols. I live in germany and become no pistol because the gun control law is very very hard here in germany. And we all don't believe that the Glock company deliver guns on terrorists. This guys wich deliver guns on mujis are gangsters. It's certainly how in the movie LORD of War. We must make a cut on there supplies. I was thinking that they use CZ-guns because its a replica from the FN Browning HP specific the CZ-75 and CZ-85 and the CZ-pistols are not so expensive how Browning or Glock.

Have a good day or night guys :)