PDA

View Full Version : Taliban "buying and selling children" for use as suicide bombers

ghost
07-07-2009, 11:16 AM
A top Taliban leader in Pakistan is buying and selling children for suicide bombings, Pakistani and U.S. officials said.

Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud has been increasingly using the children in attacks, the officials said. A video released by Pakistan's military shows the children training for the task.

In the video of a training camp, children can be seen killing and going through exercises.

Mehsud has been selling the children, once trained, to other Taliban officials for $6,000 to $12,000, Pakistani military officials said. Watch more about the child bombers »

Some of the children are as young as 11, the officials said.

"He has been been admitting he holds a training center for young boys, for preparing them for suicide bombing. So he is on record saying all this, accepting these crimes," said Major General Akhtar Abbas, spokesman for the Pakistani army.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/07/pakistan.child.bombers/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

What the hell is wrong with these fucks?

Mel
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
They say they have a 3 month supply of bombers, like they are some kind of perishable commodity. These are children......You subhuman Fucks!

Cruelbreed
07-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Jeez that's pretty low by any standards what's next? What's the deal with suicide bombers tbough.. Why not just teach them how to shoot etc

ghost
07-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Jeez that's pretty low by any standards what's next? What's the deal with suicide bombers tbough.. Why not just teach them how to shoot etc

That would be too hard.

Space_238
07-07-2009, 12:50 PM

It's mental warfare.

Cruelbreed
07-07-2009, 01:15 PM
It's mental warfare.

I too agree that it's psycho warfare

nastyleg
07-07-2009, 03:02 PM
easier to kill an adult than a child. taliban jawas have always been unhonourable fucks.

Cruelbreed
07-07-2009, 07:39 PM
additional info

Pakistan: Taliban buying children for suicide attacks

Story Highlights
Official: Baitullah Mehsud increasingly using the children in attacks
Video of a training camp shows children seen killing, going through exercises
Some of the children are as young as 11, the officials say
Suspected U.S. drone attack kills at least 12 people in northwest Pakistan

From Nic Robertson
CNN
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A top Taliban leader in Pakistan is buying and selling children for suicide bombings, Pakistani and U.S. officials said.
Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud has been increasingly using the children in attacks, the officials said. A video released by Pakistan's military shows the children training for the task.
In the video of a training camp, children can be seen killing and going through exercises.
Mehsud (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Baitullah_Mehsud) has been selling the children, once trained, to other Taliban officials for $6,000 to $12,000, Pakistani military officials said. http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/tabs/video.gifWatch more about the child bombers » (http://cnn.site.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Pakistan%3A+Taliban+buying+children+for+suic ide+attacks+-+CNN.com&expire=-1&urlID=406259992&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2009%2FWORLD%2Fasia pcf%2F07%2F07%2Fpakistan.child.bombers%2Findex.htm l%3Firef%3Dmpstoryview&partnerID=211911#cnnSTCVideo)
Some of the children are as young as 11, the officials said.
"He has been been admitting he holds a training center for young boys, for preparing them for suicide bombing. So he is on record saying all this, accepting these crimes," said Major General Akhtar Abbas, spokesman for the Pakistani army.
The young suicide bombers may be able to reach targets unnoticed, the military said.
"If he is approaching on foot, there is a possibility he will bypass security," Abbas said.
"In certain areas, there is a possibility in the population centers everyone can not be checked physically, so he can create havoc there."
Pakistan has launched an offensive against the Taliban (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Taliban_Movement_of_Pakistan), started in the Swat region of the North West Frontier Province. The Taliban have countered with a spate of suicide bombings, including a July 2 attack in Rawalpindi, in which a suicide bomber on a motorcycle struck a Pakistani Defense Ministry bus. At least one person was killed and 29 others were wounded.
Pakistan's army said it is hunting Mehsud in the hopes that the supply of suicide bombers will dry up after the Taliban leader is captured.
Meanwhile, a suspected U.S. drone attack killed at least 12 people and wounded five others in northwest Pakistan Tuesday, Pakistani officials said.
The missile strikes in South Waziristan targeted a suspected Taliban hideout at a madrassa, or Muslim school, in Zangarah, according to intelligence officials.
The attack near the border with Afghanistan involved a pair of missiles shot from an unmanned drone, local resident Janbaz Mehsud told CNN. He said all the dead and wounded were Taliban.
A local government official, who asked not to be named, said the madrassa was a training center for the Taliban and belongs to Baitullah Mehsud. That official put the death toll at 14, but said the number of dead could rise.
The U.S. military routinely offers no comment on reported drone attacks. However, the United States is the only country operating in the region known to have the ability to launch missiles from drones, which are controlled remotely.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07/07/pakistan.child.bombers/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

There's a video on cnn in the article

Yono
07-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Unhuman peices of shit. These are children! How can you possibaly THINK of doing such a thing?

And those kids, how can they possibly co-operate with them? These guys are brain-washed. Its final, this part of the world has gone utterly mad.

Cruelbreed
07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Unhuman peices of shit. These are children! How can you possibaly THINK of doing such a thing?

And those kids, how can they possibly co-operate with them? These guys are brain-washed. Its final, this part of the world has gone utterly mad.

Welcome to the forums. I don't think the kids have much choice, not much future either? Yeah stuff gets pretty crazy around the world.

Yono
07-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forums. I don't think the kids have much choice, not much future either? Yeah stuff gets pretty crazy around the world.

Thanks. Truley though, if my parents actually sold me to some lunatic terrorist, only to know that I am going to blow my-self up and kill as many people as possibal, I wouldnt mind taking myself out and everyone else in the camp.

That worst part I think is the fact that parents are actually willing to sell there kids for them to die. Its just crazy, pure craziness.

I better quit talking befor I start getting mad :P

(Edit) (I am from Israel my-self, so this type of stuff really gets to me)

Cruelbreed
07-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks. Truley though, if my parents actually sold me to some lunatic terrorist, only to know that I am going to blow my-self up and kill as many people as possibal, I wouldnt mind taking myself out and everyone else in the camp.

That worst part I think is the fact that parents are actually willing to sell there kids for them to die. Its just crazy, pure craziness.

I better quit talking befor I start getting mad :P

(Edit) (I am from Israel my-self, so this type of stuff really gets to me)

Hey man your anger and disgust is understandable. Being from Israel i'm sure your countries history and experiences helps to back how you feel. While I am from New York and experienced 911 with the rest of our nation I am not used to the suicide bombings endured around the world by not only our soldiers but by civilians of great nations.

I just think that as a child there really isn't much for you to think. Many of these children are frankly, brand new to the world and do not really know what is right, wrong . I'm not sure as to the average age of some of these kids and we have to remember their surroundings, culture and the locality of where they grew up. Here in the U.S. we are schooled early on about proper morals and etiquette. We also see the people around us and learn about expectations.

Do these children have anything of the sort? Modern education, modern facilities, modern PEOPLE to associate with? Don't get me wrong but a good portion of Afghanistan lacks the modernity of some of the places we've grown up.

I wouldn't be surprised if selling children was extremely common at some point of our human history. I believe what i'm trying to get at is that much of what we disagree has seemed almost ordinary at one point or another.

I guess in the end, perhaps I should speak for myself :P

bobdina
07-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Don't mean to sound too jaded or anything but is anyone really surprised by this , most are not allowed to go to school, the only learning they get is from the Imam's and they're parents think the kids are going to heaven for fighting and martyring themselves . When I say this I'm only talking about Afghanistan and the tribal area's of Pakistan .

Mel
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Don't mean to sound too jaded or anything but is anyone really surprised by this , most are not allowed to go to school, the only learning they get is from the Imam's and they're parents think the kids are going to heaven for fighting and martyring themselves . When I say this I'm only talking about Afghanistan and the tribal area's of Pakistan .

I guess your right Bob. But it's so hard for me to wrap my mind around such a thing, and my first response is anger. Call me sheltered or what you will,but this just pisses me off.

nastyleg
07-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I guess your right Bob. But it's so hard for me to wrap my mind around such a thing, and my first response is anger. Call me sheltered or what you will,but this just pisses me off.

The fact that we and other people like us are getting angry over this shit is just another example of how much more morally right and justified in fighting this war. These subhuman pieces of shit do not deserve to breath my oxygen and all the more reason for me to help them meet THIER god.

nastyleg
07-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Welcome Yono

Yono
07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
@Mel- Thats EXACTLEY how I feel, the part where I just cant wrap my mind over it. When people say "This war isn't right" and "This is a waste of lives", they really don't know anything. This war is to get RID of the people who do these....unbelievably PRIMITIVE things.

*Steam comes from ears*