PDA

View Full Version : 2/8 Marine dies in Afghanistan

bobdina
07-06-2009, 03:27 PM
2/8 Marine dies in Afghanistan

Staff report
Posted : Monday Jul 6, 2009 12:45:25 EDT

A North Carolina-based Marine was killed July 2 while serving in Afghanistan, his family has said.

Lance Cpl. Seth Sharp, 20, of Adairsville, Ga., died just six weeks after arriving in theater, his uncle, Shane Rogers, told the Rome News-Tribune. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 8th Marines, from Camp Lejeune.

Sharp was killed during Operation Khanjar, a massive operation launched last week to banish Taliban fighters from villages and towns in Helmand province. His remains arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on July 4.

Sharp played football at Adairsville High School but left early to join the Corps, his uncle said.

No other information was immediately available.

nastyleg
07-07-2009, 10:13 AM
This is the only news of soldiers coming out of Iraq and Afghanistan. The ony other news you hear is Michael I touch little boys Jackson.
I digress. My thoughts and prayers go out to ALL FAMILIES who have lost a loved one in combat.

bobdina
07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
This is the only news of soldiers coming out of Iraq and Afghanistan. The ony other news you hear is Michael I touch little boys Jackson.
I digress. My thoughts and prayers go out to ALL FAMILIES who have lost a loved one in combat.

I'm with you 100% brother

Cruelbreed
07-07-2009, 07:28 PM
He was there for so little too. R.I.P