PDA

View Full Version : Unsung MEDEVAC Heroes

HooterBro
02-27-2016, 02:10 PM

Just one of our lost birds. Of three with a total loss of life of 8 men. But I think of three of them every fucking day. Killed on two different MEDEVAC birds, but the end result was the same. It fucking crushed my spirit.

And to be truthful, when I was initially informed it was one guy that died, I felt some relief. But then I found out Chris had died and it crushed me since he and I were such close friends. Then, I felt like an asshole for feeling that relief Chris wasn't on that flight. I was told the name of a Crew Dog and I felt some relief it wasn't Chris. Only to find out it WAS Chris. I felt such joy the dude I THOUGHT was on there who wasn't, But Chris being on there brought such tremendous sorrow and guilt. Know what I mean?

A SAM took this bird down. all four crew members plus, I believe, 10 other soldiers.

To explain. I was initially informed it was a different dude. But it was Chris. So I ended up grieving the fuck over the loss of my friend and then, feeling guilty as fuck the first dude I was told was on there wasn't and he was safe. What a mind fuck that day was and till is.