PDA

View Full Version : Video: WWII B29 Found Almost 100% Preserved Will it Fly Home? P2 of 3

LetsTripOutAndDie
04-29-2015, 08:36 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/930_7864.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/6343-WWII-B29-Found-Almost-100-Preserved-Will-it-Fly-Home-P2-of-3) I wanted to see what ACer's think should the US government let this private company take for profit a time capsule of a war relic, one of the best preserved WWII aircraft ever found, more fit for the Smithsonian, rather then take the proper steps to preserve this wonder for as long as is humanly possible? Even the pilots that survived this crash in 1947 said it would be like desecrating an indian burial ground to let someone take this plane.
After this B29 "KEE BIRD" that made an emergency landing during a top secret reconnaissance flight in 1947 was rediscovered in Greenland soon a team of aircraft restorers in July 1994 operating as Kee Bird Limited Liability Co. which was led by Darryl Greenamyer decided to try and fly the B29 from its 50 year resting spot after only replacing the damaged 4 engines on the B29, fabric wing parts, tires and a few other small parts so they could earn a tidy profit from flying it to and from air shows and museums.http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/6343-WWII-B29-Found-Almost-100-Preserved-Will-it-Fly-Home-P2-of-3)

ChapaWolf
04-30-2015, 02:52 AM
I say who gives a fuck what the guys who crashed it think, I don't see anything that would compare this to an indian burial site (what the fuck do indians have to do with this shit). The air force doesn't claim it and it is in fact up for grabs if these jackasses don't do it somebody will. Besides that guy did his time for the airforce he deserves it na mean?

LetsTripOutAndDie
04-30-2015, 04:12 AM
I agree that because the Air force gave up their claim on the plane it's first come first serve and they had every right to do what they wanted with that beautiful B29. I think the gov't were the assholes who ended up dooming this gem of a B29 by not wanting to spend the measly couple million ( measly for US gov't standards) it would of taken to do a proper recovery, preservation and restoration on this B29. No matter how stupid this jury rigged attempt was my hats off to Darryl Greenamyer that guy has my respect not just for his service to our country especially as a test pilot for Lockheed's Skunk Works on the greatest aircraft ever built the SR-71 Blackbird but also for being one hell of a pilot with balls of steel. It is kind of crazy though maybe the crew were on to something when they said it's like messing with an Indian burial ground because they had just one near death accident after another including an actual death, that of their head mechanic / engineer, that you would think they would of taken heed to and in the end they probably thought damn those old WWII reports from pilots of gremlins were true lol.

ChapaWolf
04-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Daryl is a real go getter he reminds me a lot of the folks I encountered when I worked in the aviation business. Shit I even met frank borman and watched him fly his P-51 mustang outta las cruces international airport where I worked. If I was daryl I would have put that hogga flight engineer and that fucking wise guy ass cracking jokes when it was burning back on the airplane dead. One for the flight engineer causing the fire by leaving the apu running and the idiot for obvious reasons. Good watch though. I figured the guy that died was being a bitch because he ran outta pills and was withdrawing.

LetsTripOutAndDie
05-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Daryl is a real go getter he reminds me a lot of the folks I encountered when I worked in the aviation business. Shit I even met frank borman and watched him fly his P-51 mustang outta las cruces international airport where I worked. If I was daryl I would have put that hogga flight engineer and that fucking wise guy ass cracking jokes when it was burning back on the airplane dead. One for the flight engineer causing the fire by leaving the apu running and the idiot for obvious reasons. Good watch though. I figured the guy that died was being a bitch because he ran outta pills and was withdrawing.
Lol that's funny