PDA

View Full Version : New!!! American police officer shoots at an armed suspect

USARMY999
01-27-2015, 04:52 AM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/26_71498.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/6191-New-American-police-officer-shoots-at-an-armed-suspect) best police force in the worldhttp://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/6191-New-American-police-officer-shoots-at-an-armed-suspect)

gutro
01-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Good shoot. Dont turn on a cop. Saw this online elsewhere... report said the suspect was armed when they turned around

joker
01-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Nice shot! Right in the back while he was running away.

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-27-2015, 04:31 PM
If that guy just kept running away that doesn't give the officer the right to shoot him in the back but as soon as he stopped picked up the gun and turned towards the officer then it was perfectly legal and a clean shoot. Stuff that to me should be illegal for cops to do is use a taser on people to make it easier for them to cuff them or subdue them but if you have a taser on you and shoot it at them or just have it in your hand they can legally use deadly force and shoot and kill you. I understand that if a cop is alone and gets tasted there is a chance a criminal could then take the cops gun while he's on the ground and kill them but the police then, shouldn't be allowed to taser people either unless deadly force is needed.

igloo11
01-27-2015, 05:16 PM
While some may complain about the shooting while running away...Police have a duty to protect the public. At that point, a confirmed armed suspect who had called and threatened to kill his ex-gf running is a fatal threat. Taking him down before he got to a more public area saved lives.

Not to mention the brain's reaction time to firing the first shots from when he turned on him and when the suspect turned back around...Yes, he may get hit in the back but the decision to shoot was made and legitimate for direct and indirect (public) danger.

coltsfan2007
01-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Did not see this whole video until now. Good shooting by the cop and good quick thinking and reaction by the cop. Another piece of sh!t off the streets. Thanks USARMY :USA:

bgbllbffr
01-28-2015, 04:02 AM
hmmm...dont think i like that very much...Probably dont think i should
comment on it either

LKNANML
01-28-2015, 05:09 AM
This one looks legit to me.

Some others over the past 2 years escalated from calm to dead guy on the ground bypassing lesser force levels.
Just about all of them though could have been avoided by following a 3 easy steps..
1. Do what he asks of you.
2. Do what he asks of you.
3. Do what he asks of you.
Very Very few people have been shot doing what the cop told you to do.

Whether you think it's a legit stop or not he's the guy with the gun.

Idiots in high speed chases or shootouts endanger innocent people everywhere. Far as I am concerned if they run they are fair game.
Bullets are ffast as hell. Karma doubly so.

Fyall
01-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Clean shoot all day long. Sucks for the Officer. Note to thugs- if you don't want any shit, don't start any. Follow directions. And don't pull a gun on a cop.

skinz
01-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Last thing he wanted to do was shoot someone when he woke up that morning, no respect for authority isn't gonna get anyone very far...

skinz
01-30-2015, 09:20 PM
Looks like he dropped the gun then picked it up again, ran some more then shot in the back.

lacenturion
01-30-2015, 11:54 PM
igloo11Corporal
Correct, an officer is reacting to an action by the perp that has just occurred and pops the rounds. Gun comes up, officer reacts, perp turns as officer is squeezing trigger.
Don't second guess until you've been there.

AlphaDawg
01-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Officer did his job, the fleeing felon could turn and fire on him at any time or could have carjacked someone and killed a driver. Good effect on target.

ducondu77
05-29-2015, 02:55 PM
"Looks like he dropped the gun then picked it up again, ran some more then shot in the back."

skinz seems to be right ; the problem is that he picked it up. why? To use it later? Because he didn't think well?

That's a difficult case, the suspect had some borderline reactions and was armed. The officer had the safest reaction, he didn't wait for the suspect to hide and/or use his weapon. The problem is that he didn't tried to save the suspect life from his own stupidity (the suspect stupidity) and preferred to put his life in priority.
You may argue that it wasn't a "direct threat" situation so he used excessive force, but the suspect clearly didn't want to be caught, was armed and was in a quick escalation in offenses seriousness.

In my opinion, this shows why police officers should always be two in patrol.

Skivvy Stacker
05-30-2015, 04:20 AM
It comes under a "fleeing, dangerous person" rule.
An officer, or armed citizen, can fire at a fleeing person under the following circumstances in most states; the shooter has reasonable cause to believe that the fleeing person has committed an act that could reasonably be expected to cause great bodily harm or death, or that the immediate capture of the fleeing person could reasonably be expected to prevent the fleeing person from committing an act that could produce great bodily harm or death.
This case met all the above criteria.

Avandir
09-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Took place in Muskogee Oklahoma. I grew up right down the road from there.