PDA

View Full Version : Video: Carlos N. Hathcock II The Greatest Sniper Ever

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-12-2015, 08:43 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/43_7382.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/6118-Carlos-N-Hathcock-II-The-Greatest-Sniper-Ever) Hathcock's career as a sniper came to a sudden end along Route 1, north of LZ Baldy in September 1969, when the amtrack he was riding on, an LVT-5, struck an anti-tank mine. Hathcock pulled seven Marines off the flame-engulfed vehicle and was severely burned over 93% of his body before jumping to safety.http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/6118-Carlos-N-Hathcock-II-The-Greatest-Sniper-Ever)

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-12-2015, 10:46 PM
R.I.P. God Bless You White Feather (aka Lông Trắng) you went above and beyond the call of duty to serve your country. May all your loved ones and your fellow troops and friends who have passed away be reunited with you in heaven. R.I.P. :USA:

ItalianStallion
01-12-2015, 10:53 PM
I think this is repost But still have the greatest respect for Sgt carlos hathcock him and captain land were pioneers of sniper program for marines and all military if u ask me being the first to use 50 cal. machine gun cycled to single shot with scope mount designed by captain land getting him kills in Vietnam over 1200 meters The Viet Cong and NVA called Hathcock Lông Trắng meaning white feather for the feather he wore in his bush hat he wore his first deployment to Vietnam Hathcock only once removed the white feather from his bush hat while deployed in Vietnam. During a volunteer mission days before the end of his first deployment he crawled over 1,500 yards of field to shoot a high-ranking NVA officer He was not informed of the details of the mission until he accepted it This effort took four days and three nights without sleep of constant inch-by-inch crawling Hathcock said he was almost stepped on as he lay camouflaged with grass and vegetation in a meadow shortly after sunset At one point he was nearly bitten by a bamboo viper but had the presence of mind to avoid moving and giving up his position As the officer exited Hathcock fired a single shot that struck the officer in the chest killing him instantly fucking guy is and always will be one of the greatest snipers in our military at his time RIP

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Yes Sir I posted this a couple months ago but it's either been erased or a glitch won't open the file and just a error message appears that says contact admin for help.

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-12-2015, 11:55 PM
I know how they can give the Medal of Honor to a troops for repeatedly running across open ground to bring ammo, or if a soldier who carries a wounded man to safety under fire, or standing in the open in full view of the enemy to get a signal to call in arty or for a pick up. What I don't know is how can a marine sniper (Carlos Hathcock) who for 3 days by himself went on a suicide mission and kills a NVA general and lived but doesn't get the MOH, or when he hunts down the NVA's top sniper who killed dozens of Americans around Hathcock's base and kills him or the female sniper who skinned POW's alive and cut their genitals off that he killed why did none of those actions qualify him for the MOH? The most insulting IMHO action that they again said wasn't worthy of the MOH was when while riding on a LVT-5 APC (armored personnel carrier also called an amphibious tractor) with 7 other marines when they hit an antitank mine instantly bursting the APC into fire when Carlos woke up a sec or two later he repeatedly went on and in the fully engulfed APC pulling all seven marines to safety while every time he saved another marine he was burnt again and again until after saving every person on or in that APC he had third degree burns to over 93% of his body.

FoolMentalJacket
01-13-2015, 12:18 AM
Your right Trip. But do you think Hitchcock gave a Flynn duck about a medal?

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-13-2015, 06:22 AM
Carlos Hathcock didn't care about medals one bit the only thing he cared about was saving as many lives of his fellow soldiers, marines, sailors, air men, and South Vietnamese troops to the point of gladly taking suicide missions and hunting on his own without orders anyone who was or were trying to kill them. He even referred to those fellow troops as boys because he thought of himself as a father to those men because like a father he'd do whatever it took to save them even if he had to give his life for them.

Fyall
01-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Hunter of men. Not sure if there was ever, or ever will be, a deadlier man. Much respect and rest easy.

Elevenbravo87
01-13-2015, 05:20 PM
Outstanding sniper. Him and Simo Häyhä I would not want to face across a battlefield

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-13-2015, 07:04 PM
That Finland sniper killed more people in the shortest time frame I believe then any other sniper in history. After he got shot in the face with an exploding incendiary round he wanted to get out of the hospital almost immediately to get back to sniping Russians to help Finland fight them off but the war ended before he could get back to sniping.

ChapaWolf
01-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Or to the Russians......... White Death!

SgtRock
03-18-2018, 12:49 PM
This guy is the real shit.Gaze upon a Hero Warrior everyone