PDA

View Full Version : Video: Could a 1950s MIG easily kill an F-35 in a dogfight ?

bgbllbffr
11-10-2014, 06:50 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/387_63267.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5960-Could-a-1950s-MIG-easily-kill-an-F-35-in-a-dogfight-) Dont know how true it is but this guy who helped design the F-16 & the A-10 seems to believe it . Total bummer if its truehttp://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5960-Could-a-1950s-MIG-easily-kill-an-F-35-in-a-dogfight-)

MadeInRu
11-10-2014, 07:01 PM
And F35 could also be killed by a second WW plane as well...

It's not a computer game, there is a reason we don't fly 1950s planes anymore.
Could it be killed by MIG21? Yes, it could, will it happen? No.
:)

bgbllbffr
11-10-2014, 07:06 PM
srry bout that MIR....wrong button.. And I hope Your right, friend...Hope We never find out

MadeInRu
11-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Hey mate, all fine. Don't bother about it. :)
How you've been? :)
As for video, why would you compare a 1950 plane to a 2010 plane? I'm sure that B17 can take more damage then B2, but does it makes sense to compare? :)

Hooves_mcg
11-10-2014, 07:41 PM
So here is a nice mig21 crusing into combat. "Man were gonna kill us some F-35's today" he says to his wingman. Who, doesnt respond. "dude arent you stoked about killing some F-35's? buddy? pal? Where are yo..............."

"Splash 2 RTB"

Im all about being critical of design, but if your going to put your foot in your mouth that hard at least include the rest of argument.

louielopez
11-10-2014, 08:47 PM
My schoolchum Tom has flown F-18's his whole career. Whaddaya think Tom? From what you told us, and what you have flown, is this an issue? You think an old Mig stands a chance? Tom? Please stop laughing and answer my question. bro!

USARMY999
11-11-2014, 08:58 AM
i think this guy is a section 8
i would recommend seeing mental doctor :D

DREDD
11-11-2014, 09:35 AM
worryingly ,this is not the only person that is saying these things

rayjen02
11-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Being a stealth platform, the fighting concept is that of a sniper. A single sniper can pin down and eventually destroy a squad of heavily armed troops. In a standard face to face firefight, the sniper would lose very quickly, but he is trained to exploit his strengths, and avoid his weaknesses. Ask anyone who has been pinned down by accurate sniper fire if he lost friends or was scared for his life.

If our pilots are trained with a similar mentality, we can expect a successful platform for air superiority.

schwit
11-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Hand a few to the Israels and see what they say. I'll take their judgement over armchair pilots and bureaucrats any day.

gutro
11-12-2014, 11:27 AM
The whole concept of the F-35 is to not get into dogfights. It's objective is to destroy it's targets before the target knows he is there.
Fire from a distance and get out before detected.
It isn't built to dogfight, it's built for air to air combat (at long range), and for troop support.
My concern is how well it will manage against advanced SAM systems with it's limited manoeuvrability.

DREDD
11-12-2014, 11:36 AM
if manouverability is not needed as the f35 is a standoff weapon,why has it got a gun?surely for stand pff you use a b1a loaded to the brim sending laser guided missile for grunts to guide in?although not expected to dogfight,the prefered uses is at night ,we can see your active/passive radar flir etc,you cant see us.

rayjen02
11-13-2014, 07:38 AM
if manouverability is not needed as the f35 is a standoff weapon,why has it got a gun?surely for stand pff you use a b1a loaded to the brim sending laser guided missile for grunts to guide in?although not expected to dogfight,the prefered uses is at night ,we can see your active/passive radar flir etc,you cant see us.

Every USMC combat aircraft has the ability to do CAS missions in case Marines have danger close ground enemies. I was told if the shit gets hairy, any aircraft on our channel will come in and give it a trim.