PDA

View Full Version : Best Gun Camera footage (WW2) I Made This From Hours of Footage. Hopefully it's Feature Worthy

LetsTripOutAndDie
10-07-2014, 02:31 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/628_32707.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5888-Best-Gun-Camera-footage-WW2-I-Made-This-From-Hours-of-Footage-Hopefully-its-Feature-Worthy) At 49 -56 seconds two planes are strafing a train when the lead planes shots didn't immediately detonate the train cars of explosives until a second or two later and from the rear pilots gun cam you see the explosion almost directly under the lead plane but he flies straight thru un hurt luckily. At 2 min 4 seconds to 2 min 9 seconds this time the lead plane isn't as lucky. Again two planes are strafing a train at tree top level and after the lead plane starts banking left after his strafing run and then starts traveling parrelell to the train no higher then the train and only 20ft or less away when at the same time the rear plane Starts strafing the train and it suddenly explodes and shatters and implodes the lead plane to dust almost. I made this from hours of WWII gun camera footage And AC lost or deleted it during the last site update and I just found it again where someone saw it here on AC and posted it to youtube but they added all these watermarks on it and added music I personally wouldn't of added.http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5888-Best-Gun-Camera-footage-WW2-I-Made-This-From-Hours-of-Footage-Hopefully-its-Feature-Worthy)

LetsTripOutAndDie
10-07-2014, 05:55 PM
I Have watched at least 10 to16 hours of WWII, Vietnam, and I have never seen friendly fire video tapes before, it might be the first one that has been copied from the library of congress which has every video and gun camera footage ever recorded on you just go their in MD and for a price they can make a copy for you on, DVD, computer disc, flash drive, and even reel to reel copies

LetsTripOutAndDie
10-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Does anyone know what type of plane was destroyed at 2mins 4 secs to 2mins 9secs. It looks like a British Mosquito. You know what that plane looks like a German plane too, maybe I've got it wrong maybe it isn't friendly fire accident but a German plane was being chased and dropped to tree top level to loose the allied plane chasing it but in an ironic twist the allied plane didn't directly kill him but his own countries explosives killed him and while trying to hit the German plane when some of his rounds hit and detonated the train car killing the German pilot

Riceball80
10-09-2014, 08:56 AM
3:02 is just beautifull

LetsTripOutAndDie
10-09-2014, 05:49 PM
I'll try and make a sequel to this if ACer's would like that. Or I was going to take a 1hr - 2 hr bomber footage taken from cameras in ball turrets or stuck under the plane to watch if they were hitting the right targets but it's beautiful watching an entire train depot and every train there explode at once. Solet me know.

LetsTripOutAndDie
10-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Does anyone think they know what type of plane was destroyed by the rear plane his wing man? It's either a British Mosquito or Beaufigher or an American Lockheed P-38 because it has 2 engines and both the British planes and the American does too.

Rhntz
10-10-2014, 12:18 AM
@2:04-2:05 the tracers are coming from the left and right of the camera which would indicate the wings, the p38 and the mosquito's guns are in the nose.The Beaufighter has 6 7.7 browning machine guns mounted in the wings.Since this is ww2 I would bet that that both planes are the same considering the wing man thing,but i could be wrong

LetsTripOutAndDie
10-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Rhntz - So you think it's a Beaufighter. I knew it had to be a twin engine allied plane and after the process of elimination the Beaufighter was most likely it but I still wonder if it was a German me-110 or 210 if so that would be one hell of a way to destroy a plane in mid air. And actually it's ground fire or explosions that killed huge numbers of planes just like the Red Barren who no air ace could do what a lone rifle man in a trench could do, kill the ace of aces and he shot at him out of boredom.

LetsTripOutAndDie
10-10-2014, 05:18 AM
Rhntz - I slo-moed it as best as I could and the bullets are hitting in a square pattern and there are no tracers. coming from the left or the right side of the gun camera(I'll get back to that in a minute)so it is a plane that has all it's guns in one place like the nose or the sides of the nose but not from wing guns. Like I said when I watched it again right before the footage that destroys the lead plane it shows a P-47 firing and tracers can be seen coming from both sides of the camera view left and right whereas the next clip showing the plane before during and after getting destroyed all of the rear planes bullets hit in a square of 10-15ft wide and high and then boom no more plane. So I actual think it was a Mosquito or P-38. But then I remembered every plane not equipped with nosed firing guns would dial in their 8 guns(if a p-47) to all come together at a certain point somewhere out in space in front of him and cross other pilots liked their bullets to never cross they just wanted their bullets to shoot straight without ever crossing and others liked having a certain distance where all their guns meet . So this is becoming like the Loch Ness monster as soon as you think you've got proof it's not right and it starts over again about what's. The answer. In conclusion the plane destroyed was a twin engine P-38, Mosquito, Beaufighter, or a dialed in P-47. I love a good mystery or problem because it keeps your mind sharp. Let me know what you think about my theory of it being German or a dialed in P-47, Typhoon, Spitfire, or P-51 Mustang

rayjen02
10-10-2014, 10:14 AM
I cant find any info on the 304th F.G. I found the Bomber Group, Troop Transport Group.

rayjen02
10-10-2014, 10:39 AM
The 385th Squadron switched to P-51s in the summer of 1944. They had 6 .50 M2 wing mounted guns. Matches up with most of the title frames.

I cant even see a plane from 2:04 to 2:09. The lack of tracers fits with the load outs for 365SQ. They chose to use no tracers due to a lower chance of dogfights, to have 20% more penetrating rounds. I guess that makes sense to me, just watch the impacts.

Rhntz
10-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Rayjen02 I was just referencing the time between 2:04-2:09 that shows the tracers on the left and right of the camera possibly thinking the plane firing had wing mounted guns and of the three choices thought maybe it was that one. I will look at it again tonight let's. At one point I paused it and could of sworn I caught glimpse of a plane at the top right corner but could not pause it and catch it again

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-27-2015, 04:01 PM
At 2:22 to 2:26 you see tracers everywhere in the sky while a fighter plane is strafing barges in a canal and a lot of old WWII footage shows this, although this footage was very short. Only two things make tracer rounds appear everywhere in the sky, either the plane is being fired at by triple A or the pilot has burnt out the barrels of some or all of his guns making aiming impossible causing his bullets to go everywhere unpredictably.

Warmachine
01-28-2015, 02:29 AM
Triple A stand for anti-aircraft artilliery and all you see from it is black puffs when rounds explode.... no tracer. Could be tracers from other planes attacking at the same time from different angles.

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-28-2015, 04:41 AM
Yeah I know but a lot of people and myself just use it as a catch all that means anything being fired at an aircraft just like the military still uses the term Flak that's short for Flugzeugabwehrkanone a type of German AA shell which in our vernacular now means any type of triple A.

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-28-2015, 10:46 AM
On the tracers I'll post a couple vids, one about what ground fire from the enemy using tracers looks like, and another vid of what a planes own tracers look like when they bounce back and go everywhere if them hit metal to thick to penetrate or hit it at a glancing blow, and a vid of an aircraft with machine gun barrels burnt out from firing the whole nine yards ( the length of each .50 cal ammo belt laid flat on the ground measures nine yards long) of .50 caliber rounds with out releasing the trigger. Just doing that once can damage the barrels and if they do it often they will burn out and those barrels and the rounds will just go everywhere except where they're aiming.