PDA

View Full Version : Video: AC-130U Nightfire & JTAC Training - Cannon AFB, NM

SirBri
09-07-2014, 02:32 AM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/586_35754.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5798-AC-130U-Nightfire-JTAC-Training-Cannon-AFB-NM) This is one spotlight you never want to be in!http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5798-AC-130U-Nightfire-JTAC-Training-Cannon-AFB-NM)

rayjen02
09-07-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm going to lose my mind when they try and replace this platform. The AC-130 has kicked all forms of ass since Vietnam.

sawilli
09-08-2014, 12:04 AM
This is a AC-130H not an AC-130U.

gutro
09-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Sad to see her go :(

LetsTripOutAndDie
09-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Puff the magic dragon killed from far above the trees, and loitered creating pink mist in the land of our enemies, Special operators loved that killer Puff, and brought him fresh targets that they needed blowing up, Together they would travel on a burnt and bloody trail, They kept a lookout with FLIR perched in gigantic Puff that gave them greater details, No enemy was ever brave, they panicked when they came, insurgents would lower their flags when Puff roared with his power and his awesome aim, Dragons live forever but not insurgents who fight like little boys, Painting targets for its giant Gatlings would clear the way for others who would deploy, One sad day it will happen, the special operators will call on him no more, and Puff that magic dragon will cease his fearless roar, His structure will decay from lack of maintenance, His paint will chip and fall like rain, Puff will no longer go to train along the firing range, Without his life with the Ops, Puff cant protect those who are so brave, So Puff that magic dragon will sadly slip away. - Lets :USA:

LetsTripOutAndDie
09-10-2014, 01:50 AM
This is so disgusting to me that AC-130's gunships will be forced to retire because the government refuses to spend the small amount of money needed to either build a new factory and manufacture brand new AC's , remake the machines that originally made all the parts for the AC's and start making just parts, or find a newer aircraft to modify into a new AC Gunship like the C-17. I think we should do two of these at once start designing a new Gunship from scratch not using any plane already built but design a completely new aircraft that will only have one role that of a Gunship and don't do what we always did before make a Frankenstein type aircraft like the AC-130 ( even though it did it's job beautifully ) but it takes around 7-14 years to do this because of how slow government acquires new equipment so while they design a new Gunship I agree we must either make new copies of the machines that they used to make the original parts to keep the current AC-130 version flying until the newly designed one is finished and finally if instead of making new parts take an existing plane like a C-17 and convert it to be a Gunship until the finished brand new Gunship is built. I hope if normal people like us can figure out what needs to be done the government can too. If your religious or not prey to what ever God or whatever that we will always have Gunships and never have to send troops in danger without some kind of Gunship protecting them because if we lose the most life saving weapon we have and the deadliest weapon against our enemies only God or whatever you believe in will be able to protect our troops then.

LetsTripOutAndDie
09-11-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm still waiting on your answer NSA guy watching me type right now as usual can I or can't I marry an AC-130? Since we now allow anyone to marry anything.

Clodius
09-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Complete pwnage. Priceless weapon.

SirBri
09-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Good call on the "H" model sawilli. My bad.

jamieooh
09-19-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm still waiting on your answer NSA guy watching me type right now as usual can I or can't I marry an AC-130? Since we now allow anyone to marry anything.
I now pronounce you husband and beast

LetsTripOutAndDie
09-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Jamieooh - Finally thank you for judge Jamieooh for declaring us married. I'm going to clean that beast's pipes like no one has ever done before :evilgrin: ( cleaning her pipes doesn't mean sex, or does it ?!?!)

LetsTripOutAndDie
04-26-2015, 05:24 PM
What do you ACer's think, should we make more AC-130s brand new from the factory or replace the AC-130s airframe the C-130 with a new aircraft lets say like the C-17 or whatever? Either way should new armaments be equipped for the existing AC-130 if made new make or should no changes be made to its current configuration and on a new aircraft that would replace the aging C-130 airframe what should it be armed with?

ChapaWolf
05-03-2015, 10:23 AM
The C-130 is one of the most versatile aircraft platforms out. She has been used for everything. It is clearly obsolete however. If we are at war with brainless monkey hanging out at the snackbar the C-130 is a strong performer, however once introduced into combat against far more advanced adversary the poor old bird doesn't have a chance.