PDA

View Full Version : US military F/A-18 strikes in Iraq Part 1

sprite
08-09-2014, 03:11 AM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/376_44803.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5734-US-military-FA-18-strikes-in-Iraq-Part-1) Video from two U.S. military targeted airstrikes against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) targets in northern Iraq. The first attack occurred about 6:45 a.m. EDT when two F/A-18 aircraft dropped 500-pound laser-guided bombs on a mobile artillery piece near Irbil, the capital of Iraq’s Kurdistan region. ISIL was using this artillery to shell Kurdish forces defending the city, where U.S. personnel are located. Two additional air strikes occurred later in the day, the last at about 11:20 a.m. EDT when four F/A-18 aircraft successfully struck a stationary ISIL convoy of seven vehicles and a mortar position near Irbil, neutralizing the mortar and convoy. - See more at: http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5732-US-military-FA-18-hornet-strikes-in-Iraq#sthash.6keS0AD8.dpufhttp://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/media/5734-US-military-FA-18-strikes-in-Iraq-Part-1)

sprite
08-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Sorry guys..here is part 1

ChapaWolf
08-09-2014, 05:59 AM
Hellfires are really destructive, nothing like a 500lb joint direct attack munition to really blow some shit off the earth though!

LetsTripOutAndDie
08-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Am I having deja vu or is the nsa hacking AC because I write somewhere on the forum I think, about how like in WWII England was called the unsinkable aircraft carrier I also suggested we do the same thing to defeat Isis. Build an airbase in Jordan or Kuwait, or Saudi Arabia that way we wouldn't have to put boots on the ground in Iraq again except for SF, then with this unsinkable aircraft carrier base or bases together with naval subs, ships and aircraft carriers at sea could using just air power and SF's alone we could desimate Isis. Some people say how could know who is Isis? They'll take down there flags and take off the ski masks and writing on their trucks or tanks. These people who asked about isis doing these things are very smart but I believe the same way they yell snackbars they'll never throw their flags away or writings on vehicles because it's Allah who made them make and write all these black flags and words so killing em will be easy since they are easily identified. The only thing they may do is take off the masks. Except for building air bases they're doing what I said when they first took over fallugah, now they're using precision bombs when near kids, 500lb bombs on others but we need to get medieval on their ass considering they're lives and their laws are medieval so lets bomb them with b-52 strikes and finally use the MOAB because they now declared war on the US and our mainland saying only when the Isis caliphate raises there flag over the white house will they stop attacking America and our allies.

CadetSV63
08-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Agreed LetsTripOutAndDie - all gloves off and destroy as many of the bastards as possible. A well placed MOAB could be very useful, if a large gathering could be targeted. Otherwise let JDAMs send their message.

ChapaWolf
08-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Alright what the fuck happened to Seal666 is he deployed back with his old unit the human wave attack? You know the youngster they send out in front of the fighting force so that they clear the mine fields before the real soldiers with guns get there.:evilgrin:

serpa6
08-10-2014, 10:11 PM
@Trip this is a thought IFF idenifiers, built into the Abrams Black hawks or any american road or air vehicle left behind. Just in case something like this happened.We would not want a Abrams falling into Chinese or Russian hands. think about it. It might seem like a dumb statement, but would any of us leave equipment to a country that hated us so much before and 50 percent hated us during the war.
I hope when they sat down in there think tank, When they discussed what they where going to leave behind, they thought of this. We all know and I am sure our military knows that just such a thing could happen

louielopez
08-10-2014, 10:24 PM
We will not hit these motherfuckers hard enough. We need to shoot for total eradication. Anybody else see the photo posted online of the 3 AK's pointed at the baby? Way past provoking and angering, because from all reports it is the reality. God, I hope POTUS gives Green Light with no constraints. Just a reminder that it would take total war to be effective war against 100% brainwashed whackjobs.

LetsTripOutAndDie
08-11-2014, 04:26 PM
I mentioned before too about what precautions I hoped we took before giving first generation Abrams tanks to a country that as we were giving them these tanks our new potus just up and left the country with only an embassy and a few trainers but didn't leave a single permanent base to keep our still classified weapons ( tanks ) safe that we were giving incase oh I don't know maybe a radical Islamic extremist group like lets say alqaeda reared it's ugly fucking head again we could take our equipment back if the new potus wouldn't help fight such a group or we could of helped Iraq fight these groups and keep all Abrams in lockdown. Instead of signing a normal status of forces agreement like we did in every other country we defeated and had to occupy for long enough to guarantee it was never a threat to anyone ever again including their own populous like in Germany, Japan, Korea, pacific and Indian Ocean islands, and even in friendly countries like England and Canada. All these and more still have American bases their but our great new potus says we're the threat to Iraq not terrorists so he refused to leave any permanent bases or troops but didn't refuse giving classified armourment like m1 Abrams tanks which Iran, Russia, China, and North Korea to name a few who would love to get even a piece of it's classified armour. I pray the military took preventative actions knowing we can't give classified weapons to a weak country with no American military to stop it falling into the wrong hands because if not it's gonna cost us a lot of blood which will be on the potus hands.

Rhntz
08-11-2014, 08:07 PM
The beheadings and putting the heads on display is pissing me off and also the vid of the kid less than ten years old carrying a syrian solders head by the hair,Really! Intel needs to find the location of this sick fuck and jdam him.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zcNXKYhesA

louielopez
08-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Gonna be a shame to have to JDAM the M-1's we gave them just to ensure they cannot be operated. Be reassuring also if we could count on nobody in ISIS able to work them. But I sure wouldn't assume. Scary to think how deadly and survivable they could be. And I'm a long way from giving the present CinC credit for having the stomach to withstand any bad PR from a strike. It's practically set up already the way militant Islamists use civilian cover as SOP.

Rhntz
08-11-2014, 09:53 PM
yea they will have a couple hundred m1's and soon some apaches plus on top of the hellfires they have ordered we are giving them more also

LetsTripOutAndDie
08-12-2014, 06:13 AM
@Louielopez - jdams will only stop Isis from using the tanks and actually help them to do what is the real threat for the USA which is them giving or most likely selling pieces of the classified armour on the Abrams to every anti American country who have been chomping at the bit since it was developed to get a chunk of that armour. So blowing them up is not an option we must retake control of every Abrams, but with the coward on chief we have he doesn't have the sense god gave a billy goat to locate each Abrams and keep 24hr a day 7 days a week uav surveillance and once located bring up AC-130 gunships, apaches, bombers, and special forces to take the Abrams to nearest airport or to nearest areas still under Kurdish or Iraq control and then take em to which ever is fastest an Iraq port or airport and for the ports load them on ships and for an airport start taking 2 Abrams in each c-2 plane and 1 Abrams on each c-17 planes until we have all of them back. It's would be tough don't think I don't realize this but with total air superiority and SF's they could get it done and they'd probably kill half the Isis snack bars while doing it too. The only thing preventing this is the person who caused this our coward in chief.

OPOSSUM
08-13-2014, 02:55 AM
Hm the M1A1s the Iraqis have don't have the latest armor packages. Those are the really important ones. A much bigger concern would be
compromising the sensor tech.
Another thing you have to consider is that the countrys you fear ISIS could deal such secrets to are all hostile towards ISIS and its allies.
But lets just say they somehow manage to make a deal, US weapons are capable of defeating the kind of ceramic armour used on the Abrams, so not really a disaster. More importantly this kind of armour doesn't even remotley fit into the tank doctrine of any possible big adversarys.

So considering these factors I'd call the threat mild at best.
Besides a recovery of every active Abrams and all wrecked ones would be unfeasble, insanley risky for the US forces involved.

Oh and the russians and chinese probably already aquired samples of the armour from other scources. Oh and btw the decision to give Abrams tanks to Iraq was already made when your coward in chief got into office.

LetsTripOutAndDie
08-13-2014, 05:40 AM
@opossum - First off we've said m1a1's have first generation tank armour and are not the newest m1a2's tusk Abram tanks and as for our enemies already knowing what the m1a1's armour is made of so it won't matter if it's given to them thats not true our enemies may have documents saying what it's made of but they dont know how to make it. The m1a1's armour is still the second best armour in the world including it's gut ( electronics ) are second best too in their field. Two, I hope you're joking if you're not you better learn quick fast and in a hurry that when you say if our enemies did want our technology they'd never trade, buy or get it because our enemies are enemies of ISIS and ISIS is enemies with them. Have you ever heard the old saying " The enemy of my enemy is my friend ". our enemies would buy or trade or except our technology so fast your head would spin whether they were ISIS 's enemy or not and ISIS would probably just give our technology away freely to damage us in anyway possible because before forming a global caliphate ISIS first wants to destroy America. Also you say our tanks armour isn't wanted by our enemies because it's not designed for the type of war we'd wage against our enemies, I don't know how you can say that, since that's exactly the type of warfare it was designed for, if anything close quarter urban warfare which is where were using our tanks is what it wasnt designed for. Thirdly and finally nothing is unfeasable when you give a task to or piss off an American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, or most of all American Special Forces men, and of course we know the tanks were ordered by Bush but he didn't pull all our troops out and left no permanent bases like any normal status of forces agreement we've signed before would of required, but instead not EVIL Bush did these things but chill up your leg coward and chief Barry did.

OPOSSUM
08-13-2014, 11:06 AM
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" hardly applies if said "friends" are activley fighting against your allies. Besides like I said Russsia and or China probably already bribed some corrupt Egyptian officer years ago to get some samples.
And no I didn't say the armour doesn't fit the kind of war we'd wage against them, I said it doesn't fit the kind of war they'd fight against us. The current tech just is to cmplicated to reach the kind of production rates they like.

Oh and again considereing the capabilties of the armour its no big whoop, like I said again its aging and modern US antitank weapons can defeat it.

Even if your worried about russia improving their AT capabilites your again boxing with your own shadow, one of their more simplistic weapons [RPG29] that is no less 25 years old can already kill and disable even the most modern version of the Abrams.

Oh to the contrary there are lots of things that are unfeasble even for a pissed of American. We are talking about reality not some kind of acton movie, US special forces aren't the fucking Expendables and they shouldn't be deployed as if they were. You can't just pull a major operation like the one your talking about out of your ass.
You can't capture and evacuate almost 8000 tons of equipment with happy thoughts.

LetsTripOutAndDie
08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Enemies who were fighting each other have done deals with each other Russia in WWII was fighting on Hitlers side against the allies but then made a deal with the allies to start fighting Hitler and as soon as Hitler lost Russia went back to fighting the allies you might of heard of it a little forty some year war called the Cold War :) and no need for happy thoughts lol pissed off SF's are good enough believe that my friend.

OPOSSUM
08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
I'm not trying to be a dick, just check your history it might benefit you.

LetsTripOutAndDie
08-13-2014, 02:34 PM
You're not a dick every American has the right to free speech and your opinion is your opinion but I know my history so don't worry about that and if you didn't like my example there's plenty more for instance the Israelis since May 14 1948 - till this day (66 years, 2 months, 4 weeks and 2 days) have exchanged prisoners while still at war with Lebanon and many other examples abound because enemies will trade, exchange, have a ceasefire, and other things while at war with an enemy.

LetsTripOutAndDie
08-14-2014, 05:30 AM
I'm not trying to be a dick, just check your history it might benefit you.

@opossum - lets not argue, my heart can't take us fighting anymore ( trying not to laugh ) can't we all just get along and just have some makeup texts lmao? See isn't humor much better then being too serious :) Have some fun on AC because as John Lennon said “Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends." and remember "laughter is the best medicine." :)

ChapaWolf
08-17-2014, 12:21 PM
We lost 80 Abrams in the OIF, most behind enemy lines. There is a good chance a lot of countries have a sample of our latest armor.