PDA

View Full Version : I think this site might be in trouble...

Skivvy Stacker
07-02-2014, 09:51 PM
It seems that a writer for the Washington Post has come out to bitch about the fact that so many military helicopters carry the names of Indian tribes (Kiowa, Comanche, etc.). Also, our favorite; APACHE.
Looks like we'll have to change the name of the site. We can't have that "racist" name appended to it. So, what do we call it?
How about UNICORN CLIPS? Yeah, that's the ticket! It's peaceful, and inclusive, and shows diversity, and tolerance. :duh:

Yeah, I'm pissed off too. :sulk:

jamieooh
07-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Have a link to the story or better yet an email address to the writer?

serpa6
07-02-2014, 10:36 PM
It seems that a writer for the Washington Post has come out to bitch about the fact that so many military helicopters carry the names of Indian tribes (Kiowa, Comanche, etc.). Also, our favorite; APACHE.
Looks like we'll have to change the name of the site. We can't have that "racist" name appended to it. So, what do we call it?
How about UNICORN CLIPS? Yeah, that's the ticket! It's peaceful, and inclusive, and shows diversity, and tolerance. :duh:

Yeah, I'm pissed off too. :sulk:

I dont think that we should do a dam thing about it. Ask this, What is a Apache? answer: A warrior nothing depicts any insult to the american Indians here, only the Bravery in the face of fire. Just like the Apache Warrior.
Naming helo's after indian tribes, dont forget alot of the US Army Scouts, where Kiowa Apache Blackhawk's Comanche and there are plenty more. But the most known to history where them.
They where not only the bravest scout's they where the most ruthless, when attacking there targets.
I am sure the indian nation is proud of the fact that the US ARMY names there best helo's after there tribes, After all they are the only true Americans.

gutro
07-03-2014, 07:23 AM
OMG... I'm going to go on a rant here.... be warned...

I'm so sick of this over sensitive, misconstrued, pussy footing, politically correct, bull shit world that we live in. How is using an aboriginal name/word racist? Maybe Ford should re-brand the Mustang because it's offensive to animal lovers. As far as I see it, using the Native terms is a sign of respect and acknowledgement that the natives were here first.

Another thing that pisses me off are the words Racist and Homophobic. If I have a disagreement with a black, sorry "Affrican American", Asian or Indian or whatever, I'm automatically viewed as a Racists. Fuck that, just because I think you're a fucking moron and are of a "visible minority" doesn't mean I'm a racist... it means I think you're a fucking Moron.

As for Homophobic, I have 2 gay firends.... sorry, "homosexual" friends, and my wife's cousin is gay.... crap "Homosexual". I get along great with these people, and think they are fantastic people. However, I don't agree with their "choice" or "lifestyle". Now some say it's from birth, yadda yadda yadda, whatever. I don't agree with it. But because I don't promote my acceptance of homosexual relationships that whole community (other than the 3 I'm friends with) refers to me as "homophobic". WHAT THE FUCK! I'm not spreading hatred towards gays, or hunting them down to bash their brains in, I just don't agree with it.

This "society" that we live in needs to grow some fucking balls and stop with all the bull shit political correctness and pussy footing. I'm sorry, were your feelings were hurt.... no... that's a lie. Grow some balls and learn to respect other people's opinions without automatically labelling them as a "racist" or "homophobe" or whatever other term you want to use to try to make them seem like a horrible person.

Gutro, OUT!

LetsTripOutAndDie
07-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Don't worry I'll counter protest for AC because I'm part Blackfoot Indian so how can Apache be upsetting to native Americans when I'm one and I bet other members are too. If you really are worried pm the new AC owner and admin to start a petition that Native American AC members can sign saying this site name doesn't offend us part or full blood Native American AC members but instead is a sign of how much respect AC and the military have for native Americans that we would name our greatest technology after native Americans. If anything it shows how high of a degree of honor we hold for these great warriors. - Lets

serpa6
07-31-2014, 12:35 AM
@ Gutro and Lets sorry about the dislike you should see in both your posts like and dislike I am lazy and this dam computer is about to take a ride and get one behing the CPU I click on like and it gives both again i am sorry about this

Serpa

LetsTripOutAndDie
07-31-2014, 06:59 AM
@ Gutro and Lets sorry about the dislike you should see in both your posts like and dislike I am lazy and this dam computer is about to take a ride and get one behing the CPU I click on like and it gives both again i am sorry about this

Serpa
No problem Serpa my good friend I've made or my cheap phone has made the same mistake 2 or 3 times lol. It's just like water off a ducks back no harm done. We should write the new owner/Admin though to ask why there is no cancel or edit button so if you press the the wrong button ( like or dislike ) you should be able to change it. Also try to get others to do the same but first I'm going to start a poll about it then I'll PM the Owner/ Admin. - Lets

gutro
07-31-2014, 07:04 AM

Serpa

Damn you Serpa! WTF!?!?!?! That's the last straw... I'm leaving AC...

Come on man, you know that shit doesn't bother me. I've been active on AC for how many years now? Thanks for being up front anyway. I love you man ;)

polsmich
09-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Political correctness is a cancer to America. What a bunch of pussies the mainstream media and it's followers are. A person who speaks their mind without malice towards others should never be criticized.