PDA

View Full Version : Bergdahl, is released after five years

jamieooh
05-31-2014, 01:19 PM
Published May 31, 2014
FoxNews.com

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the only American solider held captive in Afghanistan, has been released, President Obama said Saturday.

Bergdahl was held captive for nearly five years, after leaving his base in June 2009.

“On behalf of the American people, I was honored to call [Bergdahl’s] parents to express our joy that they can expect his safe return, mindful of their courage and sacrifice throughout this ordeal,” the president said.

Bergdahl, a Hailey, Idaho native, was captured by the Taliban outside his base in eastern Afghanistan. However, whether he walked off the base or was captured by the enemy remains unclear.

The announcement of his release comes as the United States winds down its military operation in Afghanistan.

LetsTripOutAndDie
06-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should never have been exchanged for five of the highest ranking Taliban or gitmo terrorists. First it lets our enemies know if you capture an American instead of killing them they will get anything they ask for. Also for those who don't know Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahls story, before he left his base taking only a compass and canteen he left one last message to his family saying " I am ashamed to be an American, the US army is the biggest joke in the world, and the horror that is America is disgusting." Too me his story just doesn't pass the smell test. I believe more evidence will come out, that he was not kidnapped but he planned to join the Taliban and if so it worked flawlessly since they not only got a soldier to show off and make fake propaganda videos, he also caused the death of 6 soldiers trying to rescue him. Last but not least he caused us to free 5 of the most dangerous terrorists. If you think like I do or just think he's a deserter sign the petition on the government petition site to at least court Marshall him - Lets

jamieooh
06-02-2014, 07:54 PM
WB tripout
I understand they think he maybe a deserter.

LetsTripOutAndDie
06-08-2014, 06:35 AM
New info shows now we know he wasn't just a deserter but he also wanted to join the Taliban, military officials now are saying they heard him on a radio asking where are the Taliban and also the villagers closest to his base did they know where the Taliban were. Then later another radio transmission was picked up and this time he was directly talking to the Taliban and asking were they could meet. Worst of all he gave up how we operated and how to make better ieds like cell phone detonated, where to plant them, and what were the best places to hit our vehicles most vulnerable spots to hit to kill more Americans. Again into opinion he should be tried for treason and shot. What the hell happened to our government, before we would of taken the traitor from the rag heads and as soon as that helicopter with him in it a waiting AC-130 would of killed every one of the terrorists or even just one ah-64 could of killed them.and as soon as we let the 5 gitmo terrorists go we should of droned them or sent Sf's to secretly kill them or before they left gitmo we should of implanted gps chip or injected them wit a slow poison that kills after a few days. Again though our government cares more about terrorists then our soldiers or citizens.