PDA

View Full Version : Apache 30mm

junctiontwo
03-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi guys,

When the 64 unleashes a stream of metal, does each one need a direct hit to kill or is the force of impact withing a surrounding area sufficient also?

Curious!

gutro
03-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Direct hit ensures death. Can't recall if it's the fletchettes or the 30mm rounds that can wound a person by simply missing. It's the speed that it travels at that more or less tears them apart, not impact. I'm thinking it's the fletchettes though, and the 30mm rounds need a direct hit. Can somebody validate this for me?

serpa6
03-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi guys,

When the 64 unleashes a stream of metal, does each one need a direct hit to kill or is the force of impact withing a surrounding area sufficient also?

Curious!
Best answer i have seen when going to different military blog sites

The omnipresent adjudicator hovering over the skies of Iraq can deliver heinous death at any waking instant. You are taking a stroll down the street, plotting some terrorist attacks in your imagination, and suddenly, without ever feeling a thing, you are reduced to a full sized human splatter pattern. The reality is, only you know for sure what you were really wanting, thinking, taking, doing…better shape up for the eyes in the sky.30 mmThese dealings in death, the fine line between reality and the ability to play god with the lives of lesser men, are made possible by the ubiquitous ATK M230 Chain Gun mounted on the chin section of the AH-64 Apache Gunship. With a rate of fire of 625 rounds/minute, firing 30 mm depleted uranium or anti-personnel fragmentation rounds, this weapon enables the FLIR vision films of utter anhillation the likes of which were never seen until recently. People 100 years ago would label a death like the one below an act of God, fire and brimstone punishing the guilty. Is that true?

You decide. After all, the USA is a free country.
IMO Even though I dont bring religion into the site The Apache is gods chariot and it does rain down the fire and Brimstone and Hells fire :evilgrin:
PS I have seen a vid where a Apache pilot says the Chain gun is like a grenade launcher except much more accurate there are only 2 differances Its faster and we harrass the hell out enemy tanks with a big grin on his face he finished saying that is the only 2 difference's between them