PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player Help Please

shatto
01-18-2014, 10:08 PM
DVD Player Help Please

The Netflix Blu-ray movie began making progressively louder
'ticking' sound that eventually drowned-out the movie audio.
I ran my Maxell CD-340 Lens Cleaner through a complete cycle
and the audio was clear.
Clear until the end of the movie when the noise reappeared.

The Maxell CD-340 Lens Cleaner has been used maybe
four times and looks fine so I must presume it is,
as it still looks to be, in proper working order.

All the above occurred in my SONY Model ;BTY-T58
Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre System.

Boy oh-boy, could I use some help.

jamieooh
01-18-2014, 10:27 PM
shatto
My searches of the internet point to the unit is dying.

serpa6
01-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I don't know if this will help did you try running it again the lens cleaner if you did and it still makes the noise pick up some compressed air try blowing into it there could be a stubborn piece sticking in the tracks of the lazer But before running it make sure you run the lens cleaner and wait about 10 min to make sure everything is dry and try the movie again Hope it helps I Had a sony play station and that did that once I blew it out with the compressed air and lens cleaner and it was fine after that. I will see the support page on the sony site to see if anything come's up I hate it when you drive yourslef crazy to find something and you just want to give up I will try to find something for you 2 people searching is better then one espically if that person had the same problem but on a another system
Also hold the CD itself up to a light see if you can see daylight on any of the DVD itself Have you tried any other DVD's?

serpa6
01-19-2014, 01:11 AM
i found this also https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39042 Also on the side look at related articles on the right side and the only model no i found was bvd t 58 under blue ray disks players and home theaters
PS you can check this link also http://www.sony.com/search/?st=Model+%3BBTY-T58+Blu-ray+Disc%2FDVD+Home+Theatre+System.&submit.x=23&submit.y=11