PDA

View Full Version : Fallujah veterans discussing urban combat.

ghost
06-27-2009, 07:41 PM
These are some great clips. A lot of good insight. Check em out.

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury and Beyond Part 2

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury and Beyond Part 3

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury and Beyond Part 4

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury and Beyond Part 5

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury and Beyond Part 6

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury and Beyond Part 7

YouTube - Fallujah: Operation Phantom Fury and Beyond Part 8

Watch the whole thing. It's very powerful.

Cruelbreed
06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Holy shit you beat me too it, thanks.. I was just looking at that today. VERY POWERFUL indeed. Don't hesitate to share anything more like this. This is the kind of stuff that interests me, as well as stories about SEALs ;)

ghost
06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Holy shit you beat me too it, thanks.. I was just looking at that today. VERY POWERFUL indeed. Don't hesitate to share anything more like this. This is the kind of stuff that interests me, as well as stories about SEALs ;)

Hehehe. Yeah, stories about SEALs are pretty cool too. Very hard to come by, but are usually very good.

I just found this vid while I was lurking on the Militaryphotos.net forums. I've heard that the Staff Sergeant(the one in civilian clothing) has written a book about his experiences, called "House To House". I think I'll have to look for it, next time I'm in Barnes & Noble, or something.

Crashingwater
06-28-2009, 11:23 PM
David Bellavia, the one in civilian clothes, was also nominated for a Medal of Honor.

greenmamba
06-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Hehehe. Yeah, stories about SEALs are pretty cool too. Very hard to come by, but are usually very good.

I just found this vid while I was lurking on the Militaryphotos.net forums. I've heard that the Staff Sergeant(the one in civilian clothing) has written a book about his experiences, called "House To House". I think I'll have to look for it, next time I'm in Barnes & Noble, or something.

I can only strong recommend to read this book .. I read it a few weeks ago and it was
really a very good first hand combat report ...
I often had to shiver and also had to laugh out loud for the soldiers humor which is
the only thing that keeps the boys mentally sane...

ghost
06-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I can only strong recommend to read this book .. I read it a few weeks ago and it was
really a very good first hand combat report ...
I often had to shiver and also had to laugh out loud for the soldiers humor which is
the only thing that keeps the boys mentally sane...

Sounds like I'll have to check it out. "Lone Survivor", by Marcus Luttrell, is an excellent book as well, if you haven't read it.

greenmamba
07-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Sounds like I'll have to check it out. "Lone Survivor", by Marcus Luttrell, is an excellent book as well, if you haven't read it.

Done this one last week ... :-)
A real good story... Must have been one hell of a horrible experience for him ..