PDA

View Full Version : The Spot on the Driveway

shatto
08-11-2013, 09:06 PM
So, the guy ignored the spot on the driveway.
The one caused by the broken CV Boot next to the transmission.

I didn't know that transmission fluid leaked out the transmission CV boot.
Neither did the guy who had to have Dex replace the entire transmission,
but it does and did....and he did.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SmP6rLbi6GE/UgZ0zfzYsUI/AAAAAAAAOto/zARaY7yqSw0/w1099-h824-no/DSC07338.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jlvOV8JKcWQ/UgZ1KRSpk4I/AAAAAAAAOt4/eUN6lKJP74Q/w1099-h824-no/DSC07333.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RFak4ttJh8c/UgZ0_Oo0_II/AAAAAAAAOtw/B7sAQwlikZ8/w1099-h824-no/DSC07335.JPGYep, it is Prius transmission.

jamieooh
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
how old was that prius?

serpa6
08-12-2013, 12:48 AM
So, the guy ignored the spot on the driveway.
The one caused by the broken CV Boot next to the transmission.

I didn't know that transmission fluid leaked out the transmission CV boot.
Neither did the guy who had to have Dex replace the entire transmission,
but it does and did....and he did.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-SmP6rLbi6GE/UgZ0zfzYsUI/AAAAAAAAOto/zARaY7yqSw0/w1099-h824-no/DSC07338.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jlvOV8JKcWQ/UgZ1KRSpk4I/AAAAAAAAOt4/eUN6lKJP74Q/w1099-h824-no/DSC07333.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RFak4ttJh8c/UgZ0_Oo0_II/AAAAAAAAOtw/B7sAQwlikZ8/w1099-h824-no/DSC07335.JPGYep, it is Prius transmission.

I hate prius's as much as i hate haji's i think they should take them all to the big junk yard in the sky Down here in florida they think they are the bob sledding on the highway with them if you get my meaning lol

shatto
08-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Age of the Prius? Much too young for a catastrophic failure.

And, someone hates them....because? ;)

serpa6
08-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Age of the Prius? Much too young for a catastrophic failure.

And, someone hates them....because? ;)
Every time some one gets cut off on the highway down here where i live what is the frist car i see bobbinb and weaving out of traffid
A PRIUS
that is why i dispise them You see rednecks think that the more gas mileage they get the faster they can go with out breaking the wallet get it lol

shatto
08-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Every time some one gets cut off on the highway down here where i live what is the first car i see bobbing and weaving out of traffic
A PRIUS
that is why i despise them You see rednecks think that the more gas mileage they get the faster they can go with out breaking the wallet get it lol
Fixed the spelling your spell-checker missed.... ;)

Emotionally I'm kinda with you. In the Bay Area, Liberals can often be identified by their car.
That said, a few thousand miles driving one has convinced me that the Prius is a superb automobile within it's performance envelope, meaning that, like any vehicle it isn't very powerful at high speeds but, unlike many, it can't go fast enough to become unstable as many American cars do, or did.
Once you get used to windows being in a different arrangement, visibility is excellent. It is agile and nimble. The climate control is superb. The GPS is more accurate than my Garmin Nuvi. AND, the cruise control is far more accurate than a conventional vehicle.

The Plug-in Prius outside my Costco gets the equivalent of 90 MPG in the city and 50 on the highway. That would make me think seriously were I in the market for a new car. And wanted something that didn't blend-in ;)

jamieooh
08-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Don't let Clyde know you have been fondling other cars! lol

serpa6
08-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Fixed the spelling your spell-checker missed.... ;)

Emotionally I'm kinda with you. In the Bay Area, Liberals can often be identified by their car.
That said, a few thousand miles driving one has convinced me that the Prius is a superb automobile within it's performance envelope, meaning that, like any vehicle it isn't very powerful at high speeds but, unlike many, it can't go fast enough to become unstable as many American cars do, or did.
Once you get used to windows being in a different arrangement, visibility is excellent. It is agile and nimble. The climate control is superb. The GPS is more accurate than my Garmin Nuvi. AND, the cruise control is far more accurate than a conventional vehicle.

The Plug-in Prius outside my Costco gets the equivalent of 90 MPG in the city and 50 on the highway. That would make me think seriously were I in the market for a new car. And wanted something that didn't blend-in ;)
Shatto come on now i hope you know i was only kidding right?
PS i dont use spell checker bud It was my fingers doing the walking sometime i type to fast and dont check my responses I wish there was auto check lol

jamieooh
08-29-2013, 01:01 PM
by chace do you know if that repair bill was much higher than a n average tranny rebuild?

shatto
08-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Email from Dex's Automotive:
The bill for labor only was $1500.00. The customer supplied the used tranny which cost him about $2000.00 Hope this helps.
Suzie Dex's Automotive

jamieooh
08-30-2013, 06:44 PM
thanks, was a bit curious how much it cost to ignore that spot.
I'm the opposite. My mechanic probably gets tired of my calls. I need 10 things to worry about or my brain isn't happy.

shatto
08-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Presumably an axle or transmission oil seal leak would be slow because, I imagine a catastrophic leak would have to be noticed.
I know that Clyde always has a drop on the drive-shaft cuff but Ive never noticed a spot from it.
I guess he drove the dang thing forever without checking the fluid level or noticing the rear of his car was always spattered with oil spots. But, who knows.

Skivvy Stacker
09-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Based on a brief examination, and speaking from the limits of what I can see from my computer screen, I would say that, in my professional opinion, something went wrong there.

serpa6
09-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Presumably an axle or transmission oil seal leak would be slow because, I imagine a catastrophic leak would have to be noticed.
I know that Clyde always has a drop on the drive-shaft cuff but Ive never noticed a spot from it.
I guess he drove the dang thing forever without checking the fluid level or noticing the rear of his car was always spattered with oil spots. But, who knows.
But Prius still suck :evilgrin::D

PS dont pay attention to me I am just honing my trolling skills as us mods have to do once in a while to keep in shape:drillsergeant::fu::evilgrin::D