PDA

View Full Version : *HELMET CAM* Taking contact

bu187
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/250_62819.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=4105) from the owner:

Taking contact right before we started our dismounted route clearance. Notice the bullets hitting the wall behind us when I turn around.

Credits: scrudriva05http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=4105)

civilianamerican-93
07-29-2013, 04:44 AM
I can't imagine what is like to be shot at.
and how they react to it is really fast.
where did this happen?

Kurticus
07-29-2013, 11:26 AM
fuck that

gutro
07-29-2013, 11:35 AM
That must have been pretty high up on the pucker factor... damn

woot0001
07-29-2013, 01:07 PM
And not a single round was fired in return.smh You broke contact faster than a bunch of POGs trying to get back to the DFAC on the FOB before it closes

finack
07-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah... that'll make your farts whistle... Fo Sure.

@woot0001
Sounds like the comments your typical ArmChair bandit makes. Not saying you are... You know how many of these guys die or loose limbs to clear the way. Obviously not, else you wouldn't even go there with comments like you have.

Anyone risking life and limb, knowingly putting their lives on the line to clear IED's, making themselves target practice, (quite possibly saving lives of others that are about to travel down this route) is the farthest thing from being a POG. << that's like a slap in the face.

Hardly funny, even in a jokingly way.

counterclash
07-29-2013, 11:04 PM
When you say you're the "Farthest thing from being a POG"...Does that mean you're Infantry? Because POG stands for (Personnel Other than Grunt)......Grunt=Infantry

finack
07-30-2013, 09:35 PM
When you say you're the "Farthest thing from being a POG"...Does that mean you're Infantry? Because POG stands for (Personnel Other than Grunt)......Grunt=Infantry

It has a double meaning. One that dryly spells out the acronym and the other, which almost always is used in the negative context.

The POG acronym has never been used, in all my experience, to ever describe some MOS "other than infantry grunts" in a nice respectful fashion. It's a common idiotic, condescending term that deems any mos, other than grunts, to have lesser value. It's old school slang, imo, that's like calling someone a useless, fat lazy, shammer fuckface that should bow down.

And imo, the term pog, used in the context that the original poster used it, was just an ignorant jab, almost like he's got no fucking clue the kind of shit he's talkin. It's one thing when it's non-wartime poking fun, but a much different story when people are putting their lives on the line. You call an EOD guy a POG in ASTAN, you better be prepared to take an ass whopping.

ccook5
07-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Some lucky joes right there!

woot0001
07-31-2013, 10:36 PM
@finack
Just so you know I was with 2-87 INF for 6 years, so I'm not a fucking armchair bandit. And I am well aware of how many of these fucktards get hurt or killed, cause I ve seen how retarded they are on deployment first hand. So, please just continue to make yourself look like a butthurt POG all over apacheclips so we all can keep laughing at you

MitchWhitehead
08-01-2013, 12:05 PM
@woot0001

You talk a lot of shit for someone who lies about six years at the 2-87.

Message me on facebook you lying piece of shit

https://www.facebook.com/woot0001?ref=profile

Sixx
08-01-2013, 03:09 PM
I take Fakers and people claiming false units very seriously.....

I hope that is not what just transpired here.
You will be busted and shamed.

I'm not throwing accusations...
but make sure your shit is 'ass tight' before making claims.
Just a friendly warning to whomever it applies to.

It's a small fucking world in the U.S. military arena. (As you know)

serpa6
08-01-2013, 11:08 PM
They had every right to break contact They where being shot at from where could you tell Woot? You where with the inf would you be that stupid to sit there and be a target? I hope not,you break contact organize find he source and counter attack! I was in comms and even i know this.
Also your name calling you have a lot of vets here also, that dont take insulting another lightly so watch it and like Sixx said i hope you are a true Vet if so, thank you for your service the military world is very small.

thomasjkelley
08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Technically, I guess you would consider this "breaking contact", but in the loosest definition of the phrase possible. We saw 30 seconds of the clip & we don't know for certain that they didn't establish contact themselves. Taking cover in order to gather your bearings & regroup has to be considered protocol when you're caught by surprise in the open & being fired upon by unknown elements in unknown positions. And woot0001, I'd like to reiterate Serpa's take on your criticism of these soldiers. It feels more like a genuine distaste than a good natured barb from a rival unit. These sappers & combat engineers who do route clearance patrols, live route clearance patrols, are more vulnerable to the most horrifying aspects of this war, snipers & ieds, than most any other soldier. In fact, they take some of the burden on, so that infantry can focus on traditional combat roles. I simply don't understand why an infantryman would drop even the slightest hint of criticism towards them.