PDA

View Full Version : Video: Blackwater Sniper Team

ccook5
07-27-2013, 06:39 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/533_34635.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=4100) Iraq 2004http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=4100)

Bigfoot13
07-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Saw this some time ago. Still a good Video!

ChapaWolf
07-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Travis Haley of Magpul. Among a laundry list of other hats this guy wears. This dude is a smart humble, ice fucking cold, war hardened, world class shooter. Surely almost everybody on here has seen this

Skurken
07-28-2013, 09:14 AM
OOohh a classic , problerly on off the first war vidieos iv seen on the net ;O)

civilianamerican-93
07-29-2013, 04:49 AM
What is BlackWaters purpose in the war?
This guy is well trained.
what kind of support did they provide?

gutro
07-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Does blackwater create it's own ROE or is it given to them by the military in that AO?

trixp556
07-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Haven't even pressed play and I already hear "it's like a fucking turkey shoot out here!" classic line from an awesome American Warrior!

cilerc
07-29-2013, 06:09 PM
@Civilianamerican93

Blackwater has various jobs.
This guy's job was to protect an embassy from insurgents, ...which he did beautifully.

Kraze
07-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Classic

ChapaWolf
07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
"Travis Haley part of crew that was assigned to Coalition Provisional Authority Najaf were coming under heavy small arms and mortar fire, the city was being taken over by insurgents. The police stations and hospitals were taken over as well, after a day of fighting off hundreds of insurgents the city had been completely overrun, with the CPA in the heart of the city and no way out. So 12 of us -- 6 pilots and 6 gunners loaded as much as we could in 3 MD530 little birds and headed 70 miles south. we flew in the first day and blind no communication, and no Intel, on the heat to try a resupply, land find out what was going on and then head back, rearm and get ready to go again. Well that night all hell broke lose and we flew back in. Over 100 insurgents (reported by the F18 pilots) had taken the city and now wanted the CPA after a day of intense fighting by 11 BlackWater guys, air strikes, a hand full of Marines and 1 sniper we were able to hold them off. After it DIED down and gunships and SF guys finally started to roll in the battle was soon over and we the CPA was saved." I copied and pasted this from the comments on youtube. Anyway blackwater had a couple jobs to do in Iraq. The first and most important job was the guarding of important people while traveling through warzones. They had a lot of their guys killed in the process but nobody they protected was killed and I think only one was injured. The injury was eardrum damage that was sustained when an IED went off close to the convoy. The second job was protecting western interests. They were protecting the building they were shooting off of in this video. They did have some incidents which brought down their image, but keep in mind there is always some asshole that doesn't follow the rules. They did over 600 protection missions with 100% success while in Iraq. Their rules of engagement were subdue any hostile force by whatever means necessary

civilianamerican-93
07-29-2013, 10:59 PM
@cilerc

how common is it to see them from day to day ops?

ccook5
07-30-2013, 01:17 AM
@civilianamerican-93- you can find more about Academi (formally blackwater USA) here- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academi

serpa6
07-30-2013, 10:31 PM
I had read a story on the on the second run by the little birds to drop supplys they started to use he and amour piercing rounds to take there shot for penitration and absolute kill shots i forget how many where taken out by this man in the begining of the clip but it was very very high

civilianamerican-93
07-30-2013, 10:40 PM
@ccook5
thank you.

ChapaWolf
07-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Serpa6 is right this guy cleansed the place I know the number was more than 50. When you watch this remember this guy misses maybe 1 out of 5 shots. Here is a link to a video, check out his channel Haley Strategic on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07joBnOuv4M

Warmachine
08-07-2013, 05:24 AM
@Chapawolf

Shooting a 5.56mm pretty rapidly at moving targets 800 meters or so away means he is probably hitting more like 1 in 5 shots.5-6 baddies per mag aint bad going!

ChapaWolf
08-07-2013, 06:01 AM
That sounds about right..... But its not 5.56. Its more along the lines of 6.8spc or .308 possibly 300mag take a close look at the mags in the very beginning you can easily tell its much larger than 5.56.

TaskForceGreen
12-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Travis Haley singlehandedly fended off hundreds of armed insurgents from about six diff ACM networks who had been planning to bum rush those Marines and contracted perimeter dudes for weeks, maybe months. There were rumors that the SIGINT units with JSOC's UKSF elements (I forget the name of the unit...something like the 18th Signal Regiment, which is their equivalent to TF Orange/ISA/Activity/etc...) had heard about it, but it never got up the flagpole, and when it finally commenced, these young, scared Marines were denied support for at least several hours, which by then they'd be overrun and winchester on ammo (black on mags, in laymen terms) and would be defenseless. Plus, they had no long guns or any weapons systems to reach out and keep the mobs (who were blasting RPGs and SPG-9 Recoiless rifles at them by the thousands, just luckily with no accuracy).
Point being, Travis Haley, against advisement, along with other brave, true f**king hardmen working w/ Blackwater at the time, went anyways and brought special weapon systems that could reach that 1000m distance and began holding back what was EASILY THE MOST LARGEST AMBUSH by insurgent forces to date at that time in that particular AO.
Every shot Haley took, he had had a POS ID on his tango, and dropped his ass. If it was up to me, and the bullsh*t SOPs of the Army/Marines didn't matter, I would've awarded every contractor a medal that day. They saved more lives in their time in-country than they took. I know this because I work in, well...lets just say a VERY similar field and do VERY SIMILAR work...just not in Iraq (as we've left) or the Af/Pak region. I work in other areas (I worked assisting certain "special groups" in Mexico during the spike in violence between '06-'09...and it was bad, but I am humbled by what any of YOU guys went through in OIF1/2 and OEF). My hats off to you....Sure, the Zetas are mean as sh*t, and they hosed us down with AKs every chance they could if they thought we had a valuable principal, but let me tell ya....we didn't have IEDs/VBIDs etc etc...so you true blue military folks (i'm not SF or any type of specialized military whatsoever....I just fell into this career..long story).

Point is, Haley is a hero.

AND BLACKWATER'S PURPOSE WAS TO GO OUT, PROTECT HIGH VALUE DIPLOMATS AND OTHER D.O.D OFFICIALS, WHILE *ALSO* GOING OUT W/ AGENCY AND JSOC JOINT SPECIAL OPERATIONS TASK FORCES AND KICK DOWN DOORS. AS THE ONES I KNEW WERE ALL FORMER UNIT GUYS (CAG), DAM NECK VETS, ODA GUYS, ETC ETC...NOT JUST O311s and 11BRAVOS. WE SHOULD HONOR THEM EVERY CHANCE WE GET. THEY WERE GOD DAMN HEROES AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, AND THE GUYS IN TRIPLE CANOPY I WORKED WITH DURING MY TIME W/TITAN SAID THAT BLACKWATER, ON MORE THAN ONCE OCCASION, CAME TO THEIR RESCUE IN RAMADI, TIKRIT, BASRA (DURING THE INFAMOUS GRUMMAN/TRIPLE CANOPY INCIDENT WHERE A GROUP OF SBS AND PARAS WERE PINNED AND THESE FIRMS CAME RUNNING TO ASSIST AND ENDED UP SUFFERING ABOUT A DOZEN CRITICAL CASUALTIES JUST TO SAVE THESE GUYS....NO JOKE....AND YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THIS STORY BECAUSE THE SBS AREN'T ONES TO SHARE THEIR OPS WITH US...BUT TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT BLACKWATER AND THOSE LIKE THEM ARE REAL WARRIORS IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD...AND UNDOUBTEDLY, THE MOST HI-SPEED, TIGHT-AS-F**K (EXCUSE THE LANGUAGE) TRIGGER PULLERS IN THE PRIVATIZED MILITARY CONTRACTING WORLD.

Rhntz
12-28-2013, 01:27 AM