PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day

shatto
06-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Rambling Thoughts About Father's Day

One of televisions best is the family Reagan, the generations of Police in New York City. Most of Nora Roberts stories feature large families and the people who come from them or make them. And real-life examples are all around of big messes of people in happily functioning families, those in the news and not . Sports stories often showcase someone rising from a shattered household where the mom or grand-mom had to assume the entire load of parenting, in spite of policies and economic situations that are discouraging they raise the children.

Families occur. None of us would have begun had we thought about the overwhelming challenge before us, but.....
The compulsion is far too deep to consciously comprehend. We dress it up with fashion and styles and 'career-paths' and such, but the entire mating-dance is the biological imperative to reproduce, and so, we wind up as mommy and daddy.

22 children with 14 different women and similar stories from Google and the news. These are astonishingly persuasive men, but not at all fathers. Dr. Laura points out that donating sperm does not make a father, taking the responsibility for raising a child to adulthood is what a father does.

Long before reading about them I imagined myself to be like Nora Roberts story about Duncan MacGregor, the patriarch of a large rowdy happy clan and my branch of the tree would grow and spread and my genes and name would continue forever.
Accepting responsibility for raising two boys aged 4 and 5, I stayed until they reached eighteen and then walked out of their life at the culmination of years of rage over having become everything I despised; I was the prototypical evil stepfather. I can only hope that removing myself entirely from their lives gave them unencumbered room to grow into good men. Writing this, it occurs that leaving may have been the most fatherly thing I ever did for them.

Sadly, in today's politically-correct, feminized, emasculated, terrified to offend society, the obvious must be pointed out, that male and female are different. The very things that are different between men and women, when joined in the common cause of producing and raising a human being to adulthood and independence is what causes the strength and stability of society and culture.

So, dad, bring home the bacon because that is how men show their love and caring.

And, thanks.