PDA

View Full Version : School

shatto
05-10-2013, 04:55 PM
When Bush had; "No Child Left Behind" and they were to take competency tests to demonstrate they got the lesson....WE WERE OUTRAGED!
When Obama mandates "Common Core" take over the schools.... well, maybe, complaining makes us racist, I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyWtIyer-_M&feature=youtu.be

MadeInRu
05-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Current system is as bad as it gets, considering the budget, so maybe something else will work better?

shatto
05-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Surely you don't mean more government officials running things.

Remember, there are kids in poor countries who must scrimp to buy a notebook, who are in classrooms with close to nothing at all, some on dirt floors, a few without a classroom, except a teacher imparting knowledge and they are being educated to where some go to college on the merit of their abilities.

Worldwide results prove that throwing money at schools does not equate to students being educated.

MadeInRu
05-10-2013, 05:59 PM
I never even dreamed of notebook when i was at school. But what i've learned blows anything out of the water i've seen so far. We only used pen and paper.

shatto
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I never even dreamed of notebook when i was at school. But what i've learned blows anything out of the water i've seen so far. We only used pen and paper.In Ethiopia the teacher lectured, we scribbled frantically and were expected to memorize it. Every year a couple kids killed themselves because they failed to pass and that was the end of their school career.
We have such an easy life we have to invent problems to worry about.