PDA

View Full Version : 2nd amendment.

MadeInRu
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM
A question to all fellow apachies. 2nd amendment, all know what it stands for. But perhaps it's a time to review it? Been 100s of years since. What you think?

BrendenF11
04-28-2013, 09:35 PM
A question to all fellow apachies. 2nd amendment, all know what it stands for. But perhaps it's a time to review it? Been 100s of years since. What you think?

Why?

Sixx
04-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Ok Piers Morgan.....

Take a look at our corrupt & shady government. Witness the criminals that run rampant throughout our streets.
Then tell me we don't need the 2nd Amendment

*edit*
You forgot to tell us that you received your American citizenship. Congratulations MIR :D :D

serpa6
04-29-2013, 10:18 PM
I think you being a commie should not Even try to review our constitution.Your Home country citizens cannot own firearms or if they do its instanous death if the police show up and for the goverment try to protect yourself from them I dare you

coltsfan2007
04-29-2013, 10:38 PM
For one reason,
The gov't will never dominate this country by force and for two no other country will invade us because of our right to bear arms and three if someone tries to jack me at walmart, I simply have the right to protect myself. I cannot protect myself if someone else illegally bears arms and I am unable to. To many good citizens in this country have prevented crimes from their right to bear arms; where as if they did not have that right the out come would have been different. There is no country in the world that could invade this country and dominate it; simply because of our second amendment and that is why our fore fathers wrote this amendment, so we could protect ourselves from domestic and foreign threats. GOD bless our troops and God bless the USA! :USA:

marcusmiller360
05-04-2013, 11:25 PM

Agreed. I own a 1911, several shotguns and rifles, and believe I have a right to them. But when the law was conceived a firearm was only marginally better than a sword. Most battles still got resolved in melee even.

Today we have people walking around with far worse stuff, and while some places have CCW and permits, others you can walk around with practically anything. And people pick the worst time to fight for their second amendment rights: rather than letters or phone calls to congress, its while an LEO is looking at you. Because the best way to deal with police is to get loud and angry at them.

I think there should be some sort of test, where people who know what they are doing can have guns, and then people who are absolutely clueless have to get further training first.

MickDonalds
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
You're from Russia.

You have absolutely zero legitimacy to even PROPOSE a discussion on our 2nd Amendment Constitutional RIGHT.

MadeInRu
05-05-2013, 05:11 PM
You're from Russia.

You have absolutely zero legitimacy to even PROPOSE a discussion on our 2nd Amendment Constitutional RIGHT.

Well, i just did it....

serpa6
05-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Well, i just did it....

So you thinking on moving to the US MIR Studying for you citizenship, or trying to top GAZZ :D

thomasjkelley
05-07-2013, 04:33 PM
"No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson
"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas Jefferson
"The constitutions ofmost of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." - Thomas Jefferson
"For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security." - Thomas Jefferson
"Nothing is unchangeable but the inherent and unalienable rights of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." -George Washington
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." - George Washington

These are quotes from two of our founding fathers. Two of the most well respected Americans who ever lived. Men who created this nation & gave us the directions (US Constitution) on how to keep this nation great. The principles in this document do not have expiration dates. They have served us well for more than two centuries. Only in the last few years have there been questions about it's relevance in the present time. It will be relevant forever. The day we abandon the Constitution is the day the the clock starts ticking on the United States. In the recent past, we have seen it trampled upon by enemies within, but it has yet to be abandoned & that means that we still have hope. We know what to do, we were given the directions by men much brighter than anyone in politics today. So for those who try to interpret the 2nd amendment in a manner that will allow it's abolishment, hear this: Our founding father's made it clear that the right to bear arms means citizens have the right to own guns, it has nothing to do with militias, etc. And secondly, the Constitution does not lose relevance over time. It's built on principles, principles that stand the test of time. If it needs to be ratified, there is a right way to do that; by due process, through the will of the legislature, the states & the people; not by the President.

serpa6
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
little off topic but @ tomas thanks for posting that and i just looked at your location South Boston I am from little Portugal Fall River we think alike and have the same attitudes I have to decipher alot of peoples feeling's through there comments, Now it will make it a little easier to dechiper your's LOL JK
thanks for reading a Born and Bread Masshole
Serpa6

thomasjkelley
05-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Ah yes, we have an innate understanding of each others' psyche. There is no doubt we share a unique view of the world Serpa. No need to decipher my feelings my friend, you know them well yourself! And neither of us come from the uppity suburbs that give our state a bad rep. Life experience will slap the liberal out of any reasonable man, lol. Best regards!
Tommy

Clodius
05-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Hmmm... Controversial subject. And TBH I am torn. The old Gov fears the people thing is bullshit in the 21st century world. A10's, B52's, M1A1's, MLRS'...vs 1200 guys with an AR15 each. Bring it on!!! In reality there has to be a way to stop whack jobs from getting their hands on weapons. That Connecticut crazy...I would prosecute the owner for irresponsible storage, manslaughter or something. No way someone with a history of psychological problems should be able to get access to such weapons. Having said that, if someone wants to buy a 40 mm Bofors and has the money, all power to them. I know I am responsible and have common sense, but I can't account for anyone else. Ergo, something has to be done at the Federal level to legislate something with a reasonable and not ridiculous approach nationwide. This "assault" weapon 10 round mag thing is just hysteria. Wouldn't take me 3 seconds to slap another 10 round mag onto my old FAL. Fuck off Couric, and fuck off Fox news. The best approach is somewhere in the middle.

FlRedfisher
05-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I completely agree with the idea of tougher background checks, and prosecuting anyone who is irresponsible enough to allow their psychologically disordered son to get ahold of them. I think she was in denial that her son had a problem. However, i dont have any reason to fear i that i wouldnt pass a BG check, and anyone who would fear this, probably has a reason of why they shouldnt own a firearm.

BrendenF11
05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
I completely agree with the idea of tougher background checks, and prosecuting anyone who is irresponsible enough to allow their psychologically disordered son to get ahold of them. I think she was in denial that her son had a problem. However, i dont have any reason to fear i that i wouldnt pass a BG check, and anyone who would fear this, probably has a reason of why they shouldnt own a firearm.

I don't have an issue with universal background checks, barring registration of firearms. I am not a fan of registration of firearms, or anything else for that matter, it is private property and an afforded right of US citizens. Now, as a firearms owner and supporter of "gun rights" I fear the approach of gun control advocates as a "one chunk at a time" approach.

There needs to be a clear cut definition and acceptance of the limitations on our rights to own firearms. Does it stop at universal background checks? After the next incident happens then what comes? Yes I am paranoid on the matter, but when I see some of these politicians talking about registration, limitation on purchases, government databases, as one giant step it only means that the universal background checks are just the START.

I do agree with what Clodius said also, that one man with a gun or even 1200 is fairly far flung. At the same time, there has been one thing that has been true since the dawning of firearms. A man with a rifle and an idea are far more dangerous than any standing army, it's the reason we exist as a nation. I do think that our ability to own firearms as a right is imperative to our existance as a nation, and more importantly as the United States. It is unique in our country, as a major first word nation. We are still the best nation in the world regardless of the issue, our way of life is still high in the standards of the world. We are still probably the most free nation in the world, although that is quickly going away, and we should keep it that way.

serpa6
05-09-2013, 10:14 PM
I agree with the background checks But this is the thing that always happens and you have to support this.
Listen to this and this is very true about our goverment and anyone who has lived long enough like I have knows what happens

They pass the universal background checks the goverment has open the valve on a flood gate of modifications.
Example, I own any type firearm They modify the background checks: To anyone living in a household that has physiological problem to No person shall own or have a firearm on the premises. Even the said owner of firearm has passed all background checks and is legally lisnese to own a firearm.
Another modification I defend myself say in a fight anywhere. All parties are arrested and charge. The law in some states say if you are going to be in court for a violent offense you have to surrender your firearm till the process is over.
How the hell you going to defend yourself if it where to happen say at your home if the nutbag you are going to face in court comes after you. Also some people chicken out and take a plea deal and they end up with a conviction and a record.
I support the universal checks
Also another very true story xanax valium any anti anixety medication as of right now falls under physcotic medication. The New York state police got a hold of the list of medication that people where taking that had firearm permits and went to there houses and took there permits and firearms. Now you can see part of the problem
I can bet there are members who are on these medication's and they have no physiological issues at all,it is taken for anxiety I myself have heart problems and cannot afford for my heart to race and my breathing to become erratic and i have no physiological problem's So what i am suppose to do die by having a heart attack or die at some asshole that wants my car because they are to lazy to walk
your responses are welcomed

shatto
05-13-2013, 02:59 PM
"It’s easy in our society to ignore the things we don’t like and don’t agree with. Parents often think they are helping kids by sheltering them.

But that isn’t true. As parents we need to prepare our children as much as we can for the real world.

You can’t always be there for your children and it’s your job to prepare them to make good decisions when you aren’t around. Their very lives depend on it."

Is this partial re-post about: 1. Cars, 2. Drugs, 3. Politics, 4. Smoking, 5. Choosing friends, 6. Talking to strangers, 7. Avoiding rape, 8. Bullying, 9. Guns.

Actually it was guns. Interesting how truth is consistent over topics.

shatto
05-13-2013, 03:08 PM
You're from Russia.

1. Most Europeans and probably Asians, Africans, South Americans, in fact educated people everywhere, know more about the American form of government and economic system than does the average American.

2. Aren't you who agree with the concept of a little bit tighter and a bit more defined background checks accepting that government should control of who owns guns? Isn't that a step toward asking to have government running your life?

cilerc
05-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Goddamn it mir, you did it again! What shall we do to you? :evilgrin:

I'm sure you have seen this ^^^ before... but this time, we add 5 more bullets ( P.S. spinning the cylinder wont help) :evilgrin: I call it "The 'Murican Way"

serpa6
05-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Goddamn it mir, you did it again! What shall we do to you? :evilgrin:

I'm sure you have seen this ^^^ before... but this time, we add 5 more bullets ( P.S. spinning the cylinder wont help) :evilgrin: I call it "The 'Murican Way"

Just take it MIR lol good one Cil

thomasjkelley
05-14-2013, 03:31 PM
1. Most Europeans and probably Asians, Africans, South Americans, in fact educated people everywhere, know more about the American form of government and economic system than does the average American.

2. Aren't you who agree with the concept of a little bit tighter and a bit more defined background checks accepting that government should control of who owns guns? Isn't that a step toward asking to have government running your life?

Ah, you just made up point # 1 didn't you Shatto? Either that or you just completed the most exhaustive world wide poll any man on Earth has ever done & just haven't published your data yet? Lol, I'm just breaking your balls Shatto, I fully understand the point your making.

bgbllbffr
05-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Well MIR My friend You started this discussion about Our 2nd amendment rights, with all of this feedback,tell Us what You think. Though its been several years since its been established like You said,but why should it even be considerd to somehow change it. Dont say becAUSE of these "Suposed" high profile, Lone gunman, mass shooting stories that conveniently make world news, because You can find better bullshit at Your local rodio. These are just feable attempts to get all the ignorant gun owners in Our country to except their slowplay .In wich they tweek, bend & limit Our 2nd amendment rights,slowly changing them untill they are no longer. In Your country, when the goverment wants to do somthing ,They do it. When They want to change somthing ,They change it, They for sure dont ask the people living their or even consider what They might think about it. That is because You have no constitution or amandment or any rights whatsoever when it comes down to what Your goverment thinks is best for its people. Our 2nd amendment is for Us & It works for Us only.It wont scare off any other hostile country, it sure as hell wont keep Us safe from Our own goverment ...Like Clodius said basicly ~ 21st century US armed forces vs. 1200 American diehards with AR-15s?? "Bring it"!! But still by Changing it in any way is another step closer to just handing over Our freedom. You see MIR,dont get Me wrong because I like You but Your Commie mentality might not be able to understand all this.but there aint nothing like having freedom. Espcialy the freedom for You & Your family 134111341213413134141341513416to own & use Your favorite weapons, when ever You want.

MickDonalds
05-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Ask nearly any Euro, Australian or Canadian and they would say "look at all those psychopathic, violent, stupid, uneducated Americans with their guns! they should be disarmed!!"

Thank God I'm an American and have the RIGHT to defend my property, my family and myself from the world courts, the United abomiNations and our very government.