PDA

View Full Version : Victim calls cops over bad pot deal

bobdina
06-19-2009, 10:32 PM
A suspected marijuana dealer faces robbery charges after police said he held up a prospective client who ended up calling 9-1-1 to report the heist.Michael Parda, 20, of Melbourne was charged with robbery with a firearm and possession of more than 20 grams of cannabis, after the victim called police to report he was robbed of $550 during a deal for 2 ounces of marijuana, reports show.

"It does happen," said Cmdr. Marc Claycomb, spokesman for the Melbourne Police Department, of the call. "More often than not, (the victims) don't (call)."

Parda, pulled over within minutes of the 9-1-1 call, told officers, "I didn't want to rob a good person. I didn't think a guy buying drugs would call the cops," reports show.

Parda will have a July 23 hearing on the charges.

The victim's role remains under investigation.

"(The victim) said that money was going to be used to buy drugs. The money was seized and signed over by the victim to us," Claycomb said.

"As soon as the victim pulled the cash out, the suspect grabbed it, so the transaction never took place. But there still is the possibility that a case could be made."

The incident occurred Saturday when the victim wanted to buy marijuana and was directed by another dealer to meet with Parda on the 4000 block of Dow Road, police said.

Parda, armed with a .380-caliber handgun, took the money and left in his car, reports show.

Officers also found 37 grams of marijuana in Parda's vehicle along with the allegedly stolen cash.

Parda was taken to the Brevard County Detention Center.

Cruelbreed
06-20-2009, 03:16 PM
lol so i'm assuming they'll both get some kind of charge for this. I'm wondering if it was worth it for the victim, perhaps they didn't have much other than that 550 who knows.

HolX
06-20-2009, 04:44 PM
lol do you know how often that crap happens. Druggies get robbed all the time by their dealers, tough shit.