PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Project

JJ
04-08-2013, 02:17 AM
"Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to honor and empower wounded warriors. WWP seeks to assist those men and women of our armed forces who have been severely injured during the conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other locations around the world."

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wwpinc.fan

_______

Over the past few months I have been asked by a few community members to put up a sideblock promoting the Wounded Warrior Project. After some research on this charity, I have decided to do exactly that. The Wounded Warrior Project is a great charity and I suggest many of you consider donating, as I will be! I hope that the community here at Apacheclips will be able to raise a lot money for a good cause. I am thinking about making a "wounded warriors" thread where people can post their receipts so that we can monitor how much money we have raised. What do you guys think about that? Let me know in comments down below.

-cheers
-JJ :USA::USA::USA:

______

serpa6
04-08-2013, 10:36 PM
It is a great idea The WW project does a great job for our men and women with disablities and coming home from there depolyment handicapped I personally donate at air shows or when i get the chance its not much but I hope in some way it helps our Warriors
The wounded warroir project itself, I forget how much of the money is actually donated to get things done but I think the percentage is really high
I would support it hands down
About posting receipts when we had the site alot of members did not wanted there names shown but alot did I would put a pole up with that question

PS I also think we have a few Wounded Warroirs ourselves as members Maybe we can have a section dedticated to them also
Like wounded in action receiver of the purple heart or maybe a special tag for them or something

ChapaWolf
08-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Hey serpa I am thinking maybe we could send the donation to them personally I love donating to the cause like buying troop chips and candy at the Walgreen and I used to buy those yellow ribbon deals. Any way I have a little bit put back for such a purpose and would be happier than shit to give it straight to a person I don't think I would want record of it on the site but it would be nice to bypass the bureaucratic bullshit and them to receive 100%. Oh also every veteran at the eagles club and my dad's "office" gets at least 1 drink from me on memorial day and veterans day.

serpa6
08-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Hey serpa I am thinking maybe we could send the donation to them personally I love donating to the cause like buying troop chips and candy at the Walgreen and I used to buy those yellow ribbon deals. Any way I have a little bit put back for such a purpose and would be happier than shit to give it straight to a person I don't think I would want record of it on the site but it would be nice to bypass the bureaucratic bullshit and them to receive 100%. Oh also every veteran at the eagles club and my dad's "office" gets at least 1 drink from me on memorial day and veterans day.

i would check with your local organzations there are drives where they make up boxes of goodies to send to the troops Check with them and those boxes go to the troops directly Lots of schools have them drives