PDA

View Full Version : PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted fly

bobdina
06-18-2009, 02:58 PM
PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly
Rights group seeks compassion for curious and ‘least sympathetic animals’ WASHINGTON - The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said Wednesday. "We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."
During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

"Get out of here," the president told the pesky insect. When it didn't, he waited for the fly to settle, put his hand up and then smacked it dead.

"Now, where were we?" Obama asked Harwood. Then he added: "That was pretty impressive, wasn't it? I got the sucker."

Friedrich said that PETA was pleased with Obama's voting record in the Senate on behalf of animal rights and noted that he has been outspoken against animal abuses.

Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said the White House has no comment on the matter

bobdina
06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Nut jobs

Cruelbreed
06-18-2009, 03:44 PM
oh wow that's fucking stupid. Shit like this hurts PETA more then anything because it shows retarded extremism.

MightyQuin
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Holy shit are you kidding me? My dog eats flies! Your right that this hurts PETA more then it helps. Extremism at its best.

Stark
06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I have to agree - I mean as a president he has to show compassion for the smallest animals on this planet - I'm not sure what they send him when the next collateral damage report from Afganistan rolles in - but then PETA have always been quite selective when it comes down to what can and what cannot be killed...

Terrorists and collateral damage - OK
The common house fly - GOD NO

Scott
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
YouTube - Obama And The Fly

well thats the video folks, LOL.

Cruelbreed
06-18-2009, 09:17 PM
YouTube - Obama And The Fly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca9e3sePyUw&feature=popular)

well thats the video folks, LOL.

Give me a break lol, I like how the guy is at least cheeful. I can't even count how many times swatting a fly has become some kind of fun competition. Sometimes there's that one pesky fly we just can't help to swat the fuck out of.

Thanks for the vid scott

Skypig
06-18-2009, 09:43 PM
You know, I was telling my wife yesterday how I bet PETA would pitch a fit. Ahh, sweet vindication.

nastyleg
06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
oh wow that's fucking stupid. Shit like this hurts PETA more then anything because it shows retarded extremism.

I say hand them a bigger shovel..:)

Cruelbreed
06-19-2009, 06:38 PM
I say hand them a bigger shovel..:)

Been swatting every damn fly i've seen today :P

Scott
06-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Been swatting every damn fly i've seen today :P

you know whats funny and i ain't even kidding here.

from the crums under my desk they attracted a nest of ants and i meant a big nest of them, around 100-200 about 40 kept coming in for 5 days in a row, every single one a squashed, not to mention the electric tennis bat we have to kill the flys with.... oh man ain't life great.

ghost
06-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Hmm. So does this mean that we shouldn't use soap, when we take showers? Because technically we are killing the germs that are on our bodies(bacteria...etc). Shit, we might as well just stop doing everything.

Markoxx
06-20-2009, 08:11 AM
youtube - obama and the fly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca9e3sepyuw&feature=popular)

well thats the video folks, lol.

guys are you kidding me. What the fuck hahahaha. Pmsl. Hahahahaha. I cant belive this

idasam
06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh fuck PETA. Dumb fucks ain't got nothing better to do.

Cruelbreed
06-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh fuck PETA. Dumb fucks ain't got nothing better to do.

lol I wonder what's next from Peta, can they hit a newer low?