PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Alaska

Cruelbreed
06-15-2009, 07:21 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/album.php?albumid=8

Some of the pictures from my trip to Alaska. I had an extremely good time. Stayed in a Cabin in Gustavus as well as a lodge in Elfin Cove. Elfin Cove was probably one of the coolest places i've been too. It was based in a little cove with a small marina. All the homes,lodges and stores sat on the top of a hill with a bunch of elevated wooden path ways. It was surrounded by wilderness.

Did a lot of fishing for King Salmon and Dog (chum) salmon as well as some Halibut. Saw countless whales, sea lions, seals, and sea otters.

We camped at Mud Bay/River for a night and did some fishing a long the river. Found me a nice group of Dolly Vardon during low tide exiting the mouth of the river into the ocean. Fished them up like no tomorrow and had ourselves a meal. Saw two rather large Brown bears a distance off and luckily didn't run into them as we kept our distance. In the woods we'd constantly come across huge dung piles of brown bear poo.

Saw a mother moose and her calves while hiking in Glacier Bay National Park along with countless bald eagles.

When I get a chance i'll get some of the video I got online. I also have a whole bunch of pictures from our trip from Miami Florida to San Diego California. My buddy and I seemed to find every excuse to detour our route. We ended up going north into YellowStone in Wyoming into Montana and then Idaho then Nevada. Ate some Crawfish in Mississippi, BBQ in Kansas, saw a Rockies game in Denver, stayed at the supposedly Haunted Stanley hotel in estes park colorado, saw some buffalo,caribou,moose,muskrat, black bear in Yellow Stone Wyoming and saw interesting people in San Francisco. Froze our freaking asses off swimming in the mud bay river, and making our way there through somewhat rough seas on a tiny little skiff(ponga).

I need to do it all again, designating far more time for even more detours.

Scott
06-15-2009, 07:31 PM
wish i could view them but i cant :( Scott, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Cruelbreed
06-15-2009, 07:38 PM
wish i could view them but i cant :( Scott, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

huh that's kind of odd, just had a friend that's not even part of the forum viewing it.

Stark
06-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Very cool pictures - I would love spend a week or two in Alaska - probably one of the last wild places (not including Jungle) left on this planet.

Scott
06-16-2009, 05:31 PM
well thats wierd i cant view it at all.

Scott, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

great :(

bobdina
06-16-2009, 08:50 PM
well thats wierd i cant view it at all.

Scott, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

great :(

Your not alone me too

Cruelbreed
06-16-2009, 09:57 PM
I figured, I know the issue then.

Cruelbreed
06-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Very cool pictures - I would love spend a week or two in Alaska - probably one of the last wild places (not including Jungle) left on this planet.

Yeah man you feel it in the remoteness of some of these places too. Being knowledgable in bushcrafting, you probably would have enjoyed yourself even more than I had.

For Gustavus there was only one road that essentially lead to nowhere and ended in Glacier Bay National Park not connecting to the mainland. Small plane to get to Juneau, boats to other places. This what it was like for Gustavus Alaska, I imagine there are even more remote areas.

I hear if you go even futher north the moose get the biggest they can get.. 7 ft at shoulder, 6ft antlers.. 1500+ etc(Yukon Moose).

I hope it stays this way so I can return :)