PDA

View Full Version : S. Korea Prepares to Counter Attacks

bobdina
06-15-2009, 02:45 AM
S. Korea Prepares to Counter Possible Attacks
AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE
Published: 7 Jun 2009 09:28 |SEOUL - South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) have briefed President Lee Myung-Bak on plans for a huge counter-attack on North Korea if it fires missiles at its navy ships, defense officials said June 7.

The contingency plan, drafted amid growing cross-border tensions, was reported June 6 to Lee when the president visited an air base in Osan, south of Seoul, JCS officials said.

North Korea's firing of ground-to-ship missiles at our navy ships would prompt counter-attacks simultaneously from surface, air and sea," JCS chairman Kim Tae-Young had told Lee, according to a JCS spokesman.

Defense officials in Seoul said the South had prepared K-9 self-propelled cannons, naval destroyers and F-15K aircraft armed with cruise missiles and precision bombs near the tense sea border with the North in the Yellow Sea.

Lee said June 6 that the South would not make any compromises in the face of North Korea's military threats and called for Pyongyang to return to six-party nuclear disarmament talks.

"I hereby make it clear again that there won't be any compromise in issues threatening the lives of the people and national security," he said in a Memorial Day speech to honor Korean war dead.

Hours later, the North's communist party newspaper Rodong Sinmun restated that the South's decision to join a U.S.-led drive against the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was a "declaration of war."

Tensions have escalated since the North conducted its second nuclear test May 25 and then launched a series of short-range missiles before renouncing the 1953 truce that ended hostilities in the Korean War.

Pyongyang is now reported to be readying another long-range missile test from a new base on its northwest coast and medium-range missile tests from its southeast coast.

The South's navy said June 2 that it had sent a high-speed patrol boat armed with guided missiles to the two country's disputed western border, after reports that the North's military was conducting landing exercises there.

Pyongyang wants the adjoining sea border to be drawn further south. The area has been the site of deadly naval clashes in 1999 and 2002.

More than 600,000 South Korean soldiers, backed by 28,500 U.S. troops, have been deployed on the Korean peninsula, confronting a potential threat from the North's 1.1-million man military

nastyleg
06-15-2009, 04:47 AM
scary shit

ghost
06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
scary shit

You got that right. If North Korea tried anything, they would be bombed to fuck. And the ROK(South Korean) military is fucking excellent. So I'm not going to worry too much. Not only that, but something like this would probably gain support from many of our allies. So we wouldn't be alone. Not in this fight.

nastyleg
06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
You got that right. If North Korea tried anything, they would be bombed to fuck. And the ROK(South Korean) military is fucking excellent. So I'm not going to worry too much. Not only that, but something like this would probably gain support from many of our allies. So we wouldn't be alone. Not in this fight.

Well China has the 2nd largest steak in this. Let us not forget that South Korea's capital will more than likely be leveled to the ground within 10 min due to all of the heavy artillary pointed right at it.

Scott
06-15-2009, 03:37 PM
this would be a fucking scary war, i just hope shit loads of soldiers have there cameras ready to record the action and put it on the net :excited: lets hope there be safe.

but im sorry for being stupid here, is'nt Korea( China ) one big country? or split up into 2 with 2 different presidents and military? sort of like America and canada ? im abit lost in all this its rather new to me.

bobdina
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Why are you mentioning China? OOPPS I just re-read your post and you don't know sorry, here ya go. You mentioned 3 countries there,picture Florida as the Korean peninsula and the rest of the U.S. as China, South Korea a Democracy ,North Korea the Worlds first Dynasty of Communists and China a Communist country. During the first Korean war North Korea had the total support of China and the USSR. Both have said there is no way they would support North Korea and have for the first time voted to take sanctions against them in the U.N.. As for your hope for video's sorry but this would be a real all out war between nations not an insurgency ,there would be no time for your average Soldier , Sailor , Marine or Air Force person to take video except for combat camera men . Most of our military in South Korea is within North Korean artillery range, even the Generals there say we don't know where all there artillery is hidden most in specially built caves The U.S. and the ROK would take heavy casualties at first from the surprise arty( They have been practicing a lot lately so we would not know right away when they were preparing to fire if it was practice or the real thing) Also they keep a large contingent of soldiers right on the other side of the DMZ so there would be no warning of mobilization . We once went on alert and were airborne on our way over there when they discovered tunnels from North Korea all the way to the outskirts of Seoul, inside the tunnels were fresh track marks from an armored vehicle. There is no doubt who would win but it would be nasty, and having been there twice yes the ROK's are one tough bastards.

GTFPDQ
06-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Northe Korea is the only country that I would like to see their government overthrown and chaos ensue. Then follow that with a massive aid effort and feed the damn people they should have been feeding all along.

ghost
06-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Yes, there would definitely be losses. I have no doubts about that. But I also have no doubt about who will come out on top.

Keep in mind that if we end up counter-attacking, and pushing the North Koreans back, and seizing Pyongyang, we will not want to be there for very long. That would be a humanitarian disaster(especially in the villages where they don't have jack-shit), because not only are they starving, but they fucking hate us too. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the civilians ended up taking up arms against the US and South Koreans, as well... What do you guys think?

But I suppose we can just let the UN peacekeepers figure that out, with their bullshit ROE and high body counts.

Cruelbreed
06-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Grrr, hopefully another war is avoided.

gundriver22
06-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Yeah, lets hope it doesn't go down. But then again.........I'll be there in August. I'm pretty excited about going to korea, if theres a full out war brewing though.......Watch out