PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Iranian election?

Cruelbreed
06-14-2009, 08:28 PM
There's protests building all over the world it seems, people think it's fixed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/15/world/middleeast/15iran.html?_r=1&hp

Biden gave a hint of his opinion :P
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/14/iran.election.reaction/index.html

nastyleg
06-15-2009, 01:19 AM
To be honest not surprised. Even the so called reformist has to be vetted by the religious leaders in Tehran. It is all a dog and pony show. This should not surprise anyone. It's like expecting a dog not to chase a cat. It's expected that all elections are rigged and no matter what the religous leaders will ultimatly be in charge behind the scene.

ghost
06-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing that the elections were rigged. I figured that since I first heard about them. Whether I'm right or wrong, well that's another story. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were rigged.

bobdina
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
To be honest not surprised. Even the so called reformist has to be vetted by the religious leaders in Tehran. It is all a dog and pony show. This should not surprise anyone. It's like expecting a dog not to chase a cat. It's expected that all elections are rigged and no matter what the religious leaders will ultimately be in charge behind the scene.

Yeah your right doesn't matter who's President the Ayatollah still makes all policy , the president is just a figure head, a mouth piece for the grand council . One good thing to come of this though is the student protests I didn't think I would ever see that.

nastyleg
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah your right doesn't matter who's President the Ayatollah still makes all policy , the president is just a figure head, a mouth piece for the grand council . One good thing to come of this though is the student protests I didn't think I would ever see that.

Well bobdina they (students) did the same thing in '79. Took our Embassy and killed everyone loyal to the True President.

bobdina
06-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Difference here is the students are protesting for Democracy, and want a change . They held our hostages as a way of punishing us for our undying support of the Shah who did not have much grass roots support

GTFPDQ
06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Its strange to think that of the possible 46 million voters, some 38 million actually voted. Compared to 27 million in the 05 elections and that was after a run off. Its not like Amadinnerjacket has done anything to better the life of the Iranian people.

Isolated, distrusted, economy in the shredder and the threat of military action. Now finders are pointed at the Iranian government by their own people. Maybe the Iranians have woken up to whats happened around them.

Hope the violence doesnt escalate and the IRG dont get involved in the protests.

nastyleg
06-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Difference here is the students are protesting for Democracy, and want a change . They held our hostages as a way of punishing us for our undying support of the Shah who did not have much grass roots support
bobdina I knew there was a reason I liked you from the first couple of days I started to poke around this site. That said what kind of "change" are these kids seeking. Sharia Law...Democracy.....Republic....Dictatorship???? Either wasy I still am not going to hold my breath to see thier version of "change".

bobdina
06-16-2009, 07:34 AM
That my friend IS the scary part, one can only hope it would be some form of democracy . Lot's of young college aged kids who have not seen the world except through the eyes of a professor can be a very dangerous thing.

chriss
06-16-2009, 03:16 PM
The internet is full of videos with beatings by Iranian police...
the world is pissed off for sure

nastyleg
06-17-2009, 04:17 AM
That my friend IS the scary part, one can only hope it would be some form of democracy . Lot's of young college aged kids who have not seen the world except through the eyes of a professor can be a very dangerous thing.

Case in point would be US college students that support CODE PINK puke.

Stark
06-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Quote:

"The reality in Iran is not going to change because of the elections. The world and we already know [Iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad. If the reformist candidate [Mir Hossein] Mousavi had won, Israel would have had a more serious problem because it would need to explain to the world the danger of the Iranian threat, since Mousavi is perceived internationally arena as a moderate element...It is important to remember that he is the one who began Iran's nuclear program when he was prime minister."

bobdina
06-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes but whoever wins it's a moot point as they hold no power. They have to do what the ayatollah and ruling religious council tells them to do.

Stark
06-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes but whoever wins it's a moot point as they hold no power. They have to do what the ayatollah and ruling religious council tells them to do.

Fuck iran they are no thread - there is no country on this planet that is an actual thread to the western world - everybody is just happy if they can exist the way they have.
Now worry about Pakistan - that is a total different thing all together - The Taliban in Pakistan if ever get their hands on a nuke will probably not hessitate to launch or try to nuke a western country - why? Because they are extremists which the iranians are not - yes they are religios and maybe hardcore religios but they can see wrong from right and generaly speaking don't want to die - The taliban consider themself already dead and most of them probably want to die anyways - so how do you bargain with that?
You can't that the answer...
The western world and mainly including Israel is pushing iran into having and wanting nukes - what else do they have to bargain with?
They are surounded by foreign troops - and of course they don't trust us.
And one mistake a lot of people make is to not see it through their eyes - for them we are the foreigners the once that are not to be trusted - for us thats a weird strange country - try to imagine what its like to life there have a girl you love there and being threatened by possible invading forces - don't forget the ordinary man in iran couldn't give a flying fuck if and what happens in the politicial area - they are concerned what their daughter is doing which wife the son is getting - if they have enough money and work tomorrow.

ghost
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Exactly!

chriss
06-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Fuck iran they are no thread - there is no country on this planet that is an actual thread to the western world - everybody is just happy if they can exist the way they have.
Now worry about Pakistan - that is a total different thing all together - The Taliban in Pakistan if ever get their hands on a nuke will probably not hessitate to launch or try to nuke a western country - why? Because they are extremists which the iranians are not - yes they are religios and maybe hardcore religios but they can see wrong from right and generaly speaking don't want to die - The taliban consider themself already dead and most of them probably want to die anyways - so how do you bargain with that?
You can't that the answer...
The western world and mainly including Israel is pushing iran into having and wanting nukes - what else do they have to bargain with?
They are surounded by foreign troops - and of course they don't trust us.
And one mistake a lot of people make is to not see it through their eyes - for them we are the foreigners the once that are not to be trusted - for us thats a weird strange country - try to imagine what its like to life there have a girl you love there and being threatened by possible invading forces - don't forget the ordinary man in iran couldn't give a flying fuck if and what happens in the politicial area - they are concerned what their daughter is doing which wife the son is getting - if they have enough money and work tomorrow.

I do not think the Pakistan Taliban will ever get the nuclear weapons. They dont have enough power to do that. And if they get one, America will intervene fast. I believe there is a threat in this world, and that is North Korea. They threatened a nuclear war a couple days ago.