PDA

View Full Version : Boeing F-15SE Marketing

Cruelbreed
06-12-2009, 07:56 PM
YouTube - Boeing F-15SE Silent Eagle

bobdina
06-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Can't remember right now where I read it but they expect to sell 180 to Countries like South Korea and Japan, The U.S. Air Force has no intrest becuause it's only Stealth-like in Air to Air, any ground radar will be able to track it plus it's price tag is over 100 million. There is one proto-tpye now with plans for it's first flight late 2010-2011

Cruelbreed
06-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Can't remember right now where I read it but they expect to sell 180 to Countries like South Korea and Japan, The U.S. Air Force has no intrest becuause it's only Stealth-like in Air to Air, any ground radar will be able to track it plus it's price tag is over 100 million. There is one proto-tpye now with plans for it's first flight late 2010-2011

Well how much will the F-35 cost? I think the F-35 is probably a more viable purchase for affluent nations.

bobdina
06-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Most affluent nations are commited to th F-35 ,United States, the United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands, Turkey, Canada, Denmark and Norway are partners at various levels of funding. Now I now there is newer news I just don't pay as much attention to Aircraft as I do ground combat

bobdina
06-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Schwartz: F-35 is future of fighter fleet

By Sam LaGrone - Staff writer
Posted : Sunday Jun 14, 2009 11:59:05 EDT

The Air Force has no interest in buying more F-15s or F-16s — including the so-called 4.5-generation upgrades — to help with the coming fighter gap, Air Force Chief of Staff Norton Schwartz said.

The answer to the gap — 800 aircraft will be sent to the boneyard by 2024 — is the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter, Schwartz said after a June 11 speech at the Heritage Foundation, a Washington-based think tank.

“To answer your question on 4.5: The answer is no — N-O. Can’t make that any clearer,” Schwartz said. “F-35? You bet.”

Schwartz said it is imperative to direct as much money as possible toward development of the F-35, the plane designated to replace the F-15, F-16 and A-10 and to become the Air Force’s tactical aviation workhorse. He said any delay in procurement could increase the cost and further delay the F-35 for the Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps.

“We have to make the link to the F-35,” Schwartz said. “We have to get high enough production rates to manage our aging issues on one hand and on the other hand keep the average price of the F-35 competitive.”

The gap will hit the Air National Guard the hardest. Since 2001 the Air Guard has flown the Air Force’s oldest planes in support of Operation Noble Eagle, the name given to military operations related to homeland security. Those domestic units will be among the first to lose fighters and among the last to get F-35s.

Schwartz said some Air Guard units should expect to lose fighters to emerging missions.

“We’re going to be a smaller force and a less-manned aviation force over time,” he said. “This is a reality we will all have to accommodate to.”

The reliance on the F-35 as the sole source to fill the fighter deficit has caused consternation with members of Congress, friendly to the Air Guard, who consider the fighter unproven.

“We’ve heard repeatedly, ‘Everything will be fine, we just need some more time,’ ” Rep. Frank LoBiondo, R-N.J., said at a May hearing of the House Armed Services Committee. “Well, I’m not feeling so good about that answer, don’t feel as good today as I did last week, and each day that goes by, I think we have a problem.”

The Government Accountability Office issued a report in March that said, “procuring large numbers of production jets while still working to deliver test jets and mature manufacturing processes does not seem prudent, and looming plans to accelerate procurement will be difficult.”

A May GAO report said the F-35 could face cost overruns of $2.4 billion to $7.4 billion and additional testing could cause delays of up to three years.

Still, Schwartz emphasized his support for the F-35 as the next “core” Air Force fighter.

“The F-35 is the machine that will allow us to perform our mission for the next 20 to 30 years,” he said.

SMR
09-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Its false advertising the front of the aircraft didn’t even fall off once!

Goose511th
10-09-2009, 01:08 PM
It amazes me that a 30 year old design is still having new life breathed into it.. talk about effectiveness!

NightRanger575
10-11-2009, 02:39 AM
My favorite fighter now with stealth features! Uncle Sam please please buy some! :excited:

Toki
10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
My favorite fighter now with stealth features! Uncle Sam please please buy some! :excited:

Uncle Sam wants to but Gates is being a dick.

NightRanger575
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Uncle Sam wants to but Gates is being a dick.

I think the air force needs to forget about ordering the joint strike fighter and instead buy these new F15s. They already have a bunch of them in there inventory so they have all of the tools, stations, parts and trained personal necessary to keep them flying. Let the Navy and Marine Corps replace the harrier with the F35. Of course I am just biased because I the F15 has a special place in my heart.

Toki
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM
I think the air force needs to forget about ordering the joint strike fighter and instead buy these new F15s. They already have a bunch of them in there inventory so they have all of the tools, stations, parts and trained personal necessary to keep them flying. Let the Navy and Marine Corps replace the harrier with the F35. Of course I am just biased because I the F15 has a special place in my heart.

I'm talking about the F-22. Gates was a dick for canceling it.

NightRanger575
10-12-2009, 04:10 AM
I'm talking about the F-22. Gates was a dick for canceling it.

Meh the F15 looks better and it can still shoot down just about anything that flys. If we go to war with China or Russia I am sure they will start up production of the F22 again and in a hurry.

slowz3r
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
I still say buy more Raptors :( but no my stupid Goverment kicked a perfectly good aircraft to the curb :(