PDA

View Full Version : Introducing....me...ask a racing guy...

burbanite
06-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Absolute Noob to this forum and site, not so on some others that shall, for now, remain nameless.

What do you want to know? Check my profile first and then we'll go from there. I'll start with one tid bit; I work in Motor Racing, been involved in everything from powerboats to F1.

I'll contribute when and if I feel I have something of value to add, beyond that I'll take a back seat and see what happens.

Mel
06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the site Burbanite. I'll watch anything from the cup races to ditch racing the aussies do with power boats. Good to have you on board, enjoy your stay at AC.

burbanite
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks Mel. I had a little to do with Cup cars a few years ago. The "ditch" racing actually originated in New Zealand, I was around when it first started up and we raced whatever we had at the time. Now the boats are purpose built and, (in NZ at least), the power to weight ratio is off the charts.

This is a shot from 1991, I was back home visiting and had an opportunity to run in this boat at a local Jet Sprint. Aluminum Donovan engine, injected on Methanol.

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6Jetsprint1.jpg

Mel
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I stand corrected, New Zealand is where it originated. Looks like you have to have cat like reflexes to drive one of those water rockets.

Stark
06-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Welcome to AC mate - don't hessitate to shoot me a pm should you need any help - in the mean time enjoy the page :)

burbanite
06-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Welcome to AC mate - don't hessitate to shoot me a pm should you need any help - in the mean time enjoy the page :)

Will do and thanks for the site and forum.

Scott
06-10-2009, 10:34 AM
welcome to the website man, hope you enjoy your stay buddy :)

burbanite
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
welcome to the website man, hope you enjoy your stay buddy :)

I hope to as well, I play nice so there shouldn't be any problems :-)

nastyleg
06-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I hope to as well, I play nice so there shouldn't be any problems :-)

Wussy...J/K.....welcome and enjoy.

burbanite
06-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Wussy...J/K.....welcome and enjoy.

Haha, thanks for the welcome. I do play nice but I can also hold my own when necessary but don't see that as being an issue around here.

I did get a chance to cruise around all of the forums a little and for the most part people are respectful and I like that. Agree to disagree is sometimes taken to far, I like a healthy argument and sometimes it helps to clear the air as long a you leave it knowing that you did not overstep the bounds of decency and respect. You might have been proven wrong but hopefully not ridiculed for it.

Looks like a very cool place to look and learn. I have many folders on my laptop dedicated to video portrayals of conflict. It helps me understand the necessity of war, to shed a tear for those that gave their lives and to salute the people that do the dirty work that allows me to sit here and browse these sites freely.

There has never been a person in uniform that sat in the same bar or restaurant as me that has ever paid their tab. I make it my duty to see that they are appreciated because I cannot do for them what they do for me.

Scott
06-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Looks like a very cool place to look and learn. I have many folders on my laptop dedicated to video portrayals of conflict. It helps me understand the necessity of war, to shed a tear for those that gave their lives and to salute the people that do the dirty work that allows me to sit here and browse these sites freely.

There has never been a person in uniform that sat in the same bar or restaurant as me that has ever paid their tab. I make it my duty to see that they are appreciated because I cannot do for them what they do for me.
dude, from my heart here, that is the best post EVER! , in my 8-9 years of being online and so many forums i cannot say , that is the best post ever, seriously man i had a tear in my eye, once the war is over one regiment will be driving past us with their jeeps and tanks like they did when they was going to war.... i'll definatly have to hand out a few crates to them.