PDA

View Full Version : Video: frist time firing of new pistol

serpa6
03-10-2013, 01:08 AM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/228_88151.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2864) I have had this pistol Its a 40 cal S&W. I have had it since July and never had the chance to take it out and shoot. Today 3/9/2013 we went fishing and since its legal in Florida to open carry while fishing, I decided to fire off a few rounds me and son fired off 6 clips with 5 rounds apiece. He has never shot a firearm today was his first, He has never been next to a pistol firing or any firearm, he has always used high powered pellet rifles. Now he wants one of his own he told me today he is going to get a 45, we shall see after i get him to the range where he can try the 40 cal and a 45. I myself fired a 1911 in the military for 6 yrs I told him this one has a little less kick I will let him decide.http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2864)

jamieooh
03-10-2013, 02:25 AM
lol Serpa, by the smile on his face he might want you take him shooting often.

LetsTripOutAndDie
03-10-2013, 05:52 AM
Congrats to your son SERPA on his baptism of fire. I will never forget the day my father took me to shoot for my first time and I'm sure your son will never forget it either. Great video and great dad. :USA: #Salute

Mel
03-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Pretty good stance for a first timer. And look at that smile....He'll want to do that again I'm sure.

Benda
03-10-2013, 07:36 AM
You're a legend dude, this is exactly what every boy wants from his Dad...well in my book anyway!

djlp
03-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Great job, he will appreciate this for a long time. Work on his trigger, safety, and muzzle discipline next. Teach him well and one day you will be shooting with your grandson.

Bad Company
03-10-2013, 03:51 PM
nothing beats that first time! vary vary cool serpa

SgtJim
03-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Serpa?! do You need another son? i want a father...

congratz for Him and for You of course
drive Him over the long way....

gutro
03-11-2013, 07:58 AM
get him a S&W500 short barrel.... now THAT'S a gun lol. Fired one in Maryland with half grain and it still kicked like a mother lol

LetsTripOutAndDie
03-11-2013, 08:46 AM
This should be VOTM :USA: #Salute

TexMarine2254
03-11-2013, 10:59 AM
The smile says it all ... Great post dude.

ItalianStallion
03-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Nice :)

cjmsr6669
03-17-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm sure I'm echoing other posts but I have to say he has pretty decent shooting posture for his first time firing a handgun. My stepson is 13 and he is a natural shooter as your son appears to be, I hand the kid an AR-15 pistol and he looks as poised as any highly trained shooter I have seen, maybe I will post some video for you guys, it is impressive and a little bit scary at the same time lol. I would say nurture your sons natural abilities get him engrossed in the culture of firearms and impart all your worldly knowledge as I do with my stepson.

serpa6
03-17-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm sure I'm echoing other posts but I have to say he has pretty decent shooting posture for his first time firing a handgun. My stepson is 13 and he is a natural shooter as your son appears to be, I hand the kid an AR-15 pistol and he looks as poised as any highly trained shooter I have seen, maybe I will post some video for you guys, it is impressive and a little bit scary at the same time lol. I would say nurture your sons natural abilities get him engrossed in the culture of firearms and impart all your worldly knowledge as I do with my stepson.

I have been shooting since 6yrs old I had shown my son his posture his grip his aim at looking down pistol and beyond is all important i told him once he gets the hang of that he will be drawing dry at frist then we shall try draw and fire
you are a Great dad to take you son, I do not say stepson because i feel if you take care of him and raise him he is your son. The other father unless he supports his child and takes him out to do the things you do with him was just a donor.
To get back to my son yes he is a natural All of us from my grandfather down to me all shot pistols at a very young age till the day we leave this earth I myself have been shooting since the age of 6 My son will learn his trigger discipline, barrel down range until it, is like riding a bike to him.
He will be ingrossed as you say with all I know and then some His friends he has a advid shooters I live in the south so it is a must you are either a hunter or fisherman but I have only come across both lol