PDA

View Full Version : Representing America

shatto
03-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Who represents America better:

#1.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/544171_487518867970270_1476278457_n.jpg

#2.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540891_10151357633248178_2127162746_n.jpg

MickDonalds
03-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Neither do.

MadeInRu
03-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.

Ernest Hemingway

-------

I have to agree with Mick on this one. Even though we never agree on anything.

What represents America... If you ask me, i would say people like Dale Carnegie, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, Mark Twain, Stephen King, Henry Miller and many other writers. Their works i love a lot.

Movie directors as Woody Allen, Steven Speilberg, Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick and many others.

When you want to represent your country, last thing you wanna do it with an assault rifle on your shoulder.

MickDonalds
03-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.

Ernest Hemingway

-------

What represents America... If you ask me, i would say people like Dale Carnegie, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, Mark Twain, Stephen King, Henry Miller and many other writers. Their works i love a lot.

Movie directors as Woody Allen, Steven Speilberg, Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick and many others.

When you want to represent your country, last thing you wanna do it with an assault rifle on your shoulder.

Don't agree with me. You're still an Internet piece of shit.

MadeInRu
03-09-2013, 05:59 PM

See, Mick has always something nice to say about me ':D

Sixx
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
You guys are funny.
lmao

serpa6
03-10-2013, 01:12 AM

Hey Mick MIR is my favorite Commie bastard :lol:

bgbllbffr
03-10-2013, 02:01 PM
One thing for sure, this place wouldnt be the same without You two. You Guys are surely the definition of oppisite ! lol
See, Mick has always something nice to say about me ':D

shatto
03-14-2013, 12:26 PM

Ernest Hemingway

-------

Statement, well said.
The soldier ought to illustrate that the humanity and goodness of Americans shine through. She is not there to win friends and influence people, although she, just by passing out some candy or letting the kids practice their English on her is making an impact contrary to what they've been taught. And, just maybe, that child will question jihad against Americans, and that is a start.
The other photograph, on the other hand shows to men who have thrills running up their legs.

thomasjkelley
03-15-2013, 12:08 AM

Ernest Hemingway

-------

MadeinRU, You think that Woody Allen represents America? Spielberg? Hitchcock? Kubrick for Christ sake? I'll give you Mark Twain, but if you think the rest of these people represent America, then you have the exact opposite viewpoint of the real America. I can't even understand Dickinson's poems & I'm from Massachusetts, & therefor had her shoved down my throat until graduating High School. Poe was from MA also, Boston, but he wrote mystery & science fiction. Carnegie & Miller, okay fine, have them. But your list of those who you deem to represent America, sounds like an answer George Clooney might give after being prepped with the question "Who best represents America to you?" 24 hours before the interview. I'm not having a go at you RU, but you have either never been to America or have spent your entire life being educated in American Universities as an American lit major. In fact you sound like someone who has a doctorate in American Literature. Which makes you a brilliant American Lit student but a very naive current affairs student. The very reason our country became great was because all Americans banded together when attacked by outsiders. Nothing represents that better than our military men and women. They carry assault rifles, not to slaughter & enslave innocent people, but to provide protection to those innocent people who would be slaughtered & enslaved without without their protection. The people you mentioned, cannot exist without our soldier. But we can agree on this, neither represent America as it was meant to be, because our leader has turned our greatest commodity into social workers, helping out the rest of the world at their own detriment. 13312 These are the people that I think of when I think of America. Men who can take on hundred's of enemies, killing a dozen or so apiece before giving their lives so that men like Woody Allen & Michael Moore can make their movies & live out their entire lives acting & playing like children.

troyC
03-15-2013, 02:24 AM
MadeinRU, You think that Woody Allen represents America? Spielberg? Hitchcock? Kubrick for Christ sake? I'll give you Mark Twain, but if you think the rest of these people represent America, then you have the exact opposite viewpoint of the real America. I can't even understand Dickinson's poems & I'm from Massachusetts, & therefor had her shoved down my throat until graduating High School. Poe was from MA also, Boston, but he wrote mystery & science fiction. Carnegie & Miller, okay fine, have them. But your list of those who you deem to represent America, sounds like an answer George Clooney might give after being prepped with the question "Who best represents America to you?" 24 hours before the interview. I'm not having a go at you RU, but you have either never been to America or have spent your entire life being educated in American Universities as an American lit major. In fact you sound like someone who has a doctorate in American Literature. Which makes you a brilliant American Lit student but a very naive current affairs student. The very reason our country became great was because all Americans banded together when attacked by outsiders. Nothing represents that better than our military men and women. They carry assault rifles, not to slaughter & enslave innocent people, but to provide protection to those innocent people who would be slaughtered & enslaved without without their protection. The people you mentioned, cannot exist without our soldier. But we can agree on this, neither represent America as it was meant to be, because our leader has turned our greatest commodity into social workers, helping out the rest of the world at their own detriment. 13312 These are the people that I think of when I think of America. Men who can take on hundred's of enemies, killing a dozen or so apiece before giving their lives so that men like Woody Allen & Michael Moore can make their movies & live out their entire lives acting & playing like children.

Huah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irony is, these dudes never get2experience America as intended. They never get2evolve beyond kill-or-be killed. America is about personal evolution, a safe place2grow as a human being, but the people who make it safe never 'know' their own country:///

LetsTripOutAndDie
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
2 is closest but the constitution represents America best :USA:

MrFibbles
07-12-2013, 05:07 AM

Not to burst your bubble but...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

Warning: GIANT TEXT BLOB AHEAD

We weren't always the good guys, not even during the Civil War and prior. Today, I believe most individuals want things to be the way you mentioned... even during WWII and beyond, but Vietnam was messy. Whatever individuals fight for is their business, whatever the leaders want is their own. There will never be a straight forward justice system, everything is mutual. Some things are best left unsaid... our guys 'have' to do things they don't like. Things change, war changes... I think our guys out there are feeling the heat (They have plenty of it). One moment we had a Conservative, now we have a Liberal. Why do you think those annoying hippies called the Army and Marines baby killers in Vietnam, the hippies 'are' the liberal party. They love negotiating with terrorists, that is the way they think. We've already had terrorists invited to the white house by Obama. Like I said, America is very unbalanced now... the justice system is being manipulated and our rights and freedoms are being tampered just to suit a few dictatorship goals. We will be the country we always feared, the economy wont rise until radicalism or extremism disappears in America... and it all starts with calling each other Americans and not Conservatives and Liberals. Not calling black people African Americans, JUST AMERICANS. They were never supposed to be excluded as long as they were born on this soil. Back the point, our system was designed two ways because if it were one way, it would tip the balance of neutrality and freedom of belief. If there is anything that is being demolished right now, it is that very thing that America was truly about.

To me, what makes America great is that any of us can pick our own careers. In other countries, the paperwork is usually decided strictly on your statistics in school. We're all globally, controlled rather than free. We are all practically taught no survival skills in school, just to make us more reliant on economy. That is the problem with society, a lot of the poor and uneducated children have no idea what math and stuff is useful for. It doesn't summon you a meal, you have to have connections. I was one of those kids that had those troubles, didn't want to learn because it never occurred to me that I was being 'forced' to work in society. Ask the Native Americans, or the Amish... they may tell you a thing or two about our government idolizing false freedoms. The free land isn't as much ours, as it is us renting stolen property from a power hungry group of assholes like the IRS. We are increasingly becoming less free, as the original free mason society dies off. And a strong liberal party grows a dictatorship... I asked my two Liberal siblings, they were the only people I know that had anything to do with the liberal party. They are inside on the movement, they are both hippies and arrogant. They believe the country "Needs to remove Capitalism, and adopt Government free society". I believe it should be optional, but not one way. The more options, the better. If you ask me, in our country or even the world itself... there is no right or wrong... only what justice we make of it.