PDA

View Full Version : PC brigade in the UK are NUTS

GTFPDQ
06-09-2009, 01:41 AM
'Soldier' Badge Is Banned

Monday, June 08, 2009

Source: The Sun Online

Armed police patrolling Heathrow Airport have been banned from wearing tiny Union Jack badges in support of British troops.

Top brass claimed the tie-pin badges - which cost £1 with proceeds going to the Help for Heroes charity - were offensive.

But one officer asked: "How can the Union Jack be offensive?

"This ruling is even more absurd coming this weekend on the 65th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

"We must be the only country ashamed to display our national flag."

About 100 officers in the Metropolitan force's SO18 Aviation branch, which patrols Heathrow, bought the inch-square badges.

Seventy per cent of them served in the Forces and many have children fighting in Afghanistan.

Another cop said: "We're wearing the badges with pride. Most importantly, they are to show support for our soldiers at war.

"Nobody has put out orders to remove rainbow symbols that gay and lesbian officers wear. Why discriminate against us?"

A statement from the Met said: "The dress code states only approved corporate badging may be used."

Source: http://www.modoracle.com/news/Soldier-Badge-Is-Banned_18188.html

Scott
06-09-2009, 07:17 AM
this country is fucked up, hell thats just so fucking ridiclous, the guy who made the decision to ban them from wearing the support badges, i would fucking beat him up myself the prick,

man what is this country coming to and this world.

nastyleg
06-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I would be livid over that shit. Feel bad for the cops that had to take them off. Hope the guy who decided to do this gets his ass beat the fuck up. This is beyond absurd.