PDA

View Full Version : Rank System update

JJ
02-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Hi Apaches! As you may have noticed we are in the process of implementing a new ranking system. You may have noticed that you have been attributed a certain rank. Now, first of all I just wanted to make it clear that all ranks are subject to change as we continue to work on this system. If you have a lower rank and don't understand why, it's because the system still is still in its early stages. Many have been asking what you have to do to earn ranks on the site. Basically the more you use the website (upload videos, post in forums, comment on videos, like posts, or get likes yourself) The more points you will gain, and the more you will rank up. The more ranks you gain, the more site features and authority you will get (to be explained later). If you get an upload 'featured' on the site, you will get a point boast. All comments made in 'AC chat' will not count towards earning points since it is not supported in the system.

I will go into far more detail on this system later, after it's fully integrated. For now, I just wanted to give a sort of broad explanation on how it works. The new karma system on the page is now on a 'like' to 'dislike' basic. (Karma will count towards rank obviously)

If you have any questions feel free to sent me a pm, but remember that we are still working on everything. We actually have a large portion of code that is going to go live soon which should make the rank system work better.

bmng
03-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Hello J.J.,

I understand the changes to the karma system listed above. The one point I don't understand is how I went from over 16,000 karma points to being a private. My featured media, liked media, friends and avatar were all erased. Obviously I have not visited the site lately and thought twice about even writing this email but did want to inquire as to what happened to my account. Best regards with the new site. Bmng

Sixx
03-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Hello J.J.,

I understand the changes to the karma system listed above. The one point I don't understand is how I went from over 16,000 karma points to being a private. My featured media, liked media, friends and avatar were all erased. Obviously I have not visited the site lately and thought twice about even writing this email but did want to inquire as to what happened to my account. Best regards with the new site. Bmng

Welcome back.

Are you talking about from the Old AC front page or the forums?
They were not connected. They were separate....
What you had on the front page is gone. The only thing members carried over were badges.

It looks like your forum account is the way it should be right? Such as post count and likes?

ErisKillton
03-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Hello J.J.,

Welcome back.

What you had on the front page is gone. The only thing members carried over was badges.

It looks like your forum account is the way it should be right? Such as post count and likes?

I'm sure JJ is still working out how he can resolve this issue internally, server wise. Things will not stay exactly the same as they are now.

But I also think, since there are many old school members who didnt use the forums much but were very active, all we need to do is incorporate information from here:
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?7572-hall-of-fame-the-AC-karma-club
To balance things and give old salts their dues.

Just keep in mind, when AC moved from the old page to this one, karma data was altered and/or lost, then altered and altered again...and so JJ has only so much to work with. So thats why I thought this thread would be helpful because it documents the old page karma data.

Sound ok?

Howard93
03-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Thank that is what we need

Apachemom06
03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Thank You:USA:

yazhang
03-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Haha

Welcome back.

What you had on the front page is gone. The only thing members carried over were badges.

yazhang
03-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi

BigP
03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks!