PDA

View Full Version : Shatto Blasts The DMV

shatto
02-19-2013, 03:42 PM
I wrote this in the website comment box at the DMV:

"A day after my wife (thought she had) paid the registration on-line, I had the smog done. We both presumed the transaction was complete.
A big late registration penalty later, we concluded that the DMV website was not clear enough to assure that our error didn't happen.
We don't expect it, but it would be great if the state didn't continue making money from difficulties understanding their website.
Next time I'll use my AAA membership and bypass the state."

serpa6
02-19-2013, 11:13 PM
I wrote this in the website comment box at the DMV:

"A day after my wife (thought she had) paid the registration on-line, I had the smog done. We both presumed the transaction was complete.
A big late registration penalty later, we concluded that the DMV website was not clear enough to assure that our error didn't happen.
We don't expect it, but it would be great if the state didn't continue making money from difficulties understanding their website.
Next time I'll use my AAA membership and bypass the state."

DMV where i live is great now, but when i lived in mass I went to go register my first, car of course being a greenhorn at it I did not have the proper paper work at frist because, I had bought it from a private owner who got the car out of the estate of his brother, who passed away.
We you probally wont belive this, I had went back at least 4 times because of them looking in the computer to see taxes where owned liens etc only after the 4th time
They kept telling me do you have this do you have that. Well on the 4th time I had asked for a supervisor and got one with a state trooper along side her.
I told you know how many times i have been back and forth and now you decide to look in the computer for liens and taxes.
I had asked her what kind of people do you have working here, that don't know there job and I should have been out of here on the 2 time I came back. She told me that she was sorry, and then the trooper butted in and asked if i had a problem? I told him yes explained it to him and he turned around and said well that's to bad but you dont have to talk to them like that. I told him I thought maybe you would understand and this has nothing to do with you so go have your coffee and doughnut and sit back down before i call your commander he shut up and just stood there if looks could kill I would have had one between my eyes.
I got my plates and walked out with them saying dont forget the inspection sticker in 10 days I just pulled the eagle up over my shoulder and kept walking hoping that the trooper was not going to shove his bully bat up my :D
PS i use to hate the registry in mass and i dont think they every forgot that day i use to wait at least and hour to do something lol
to verify this story my wife and daughter just read it and can verify that all this happen because it was a day of hell in my house :D

bgbllbffr
02-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Yes, the Dmv. The Dmv here in Calif. is its own boss , they have one of the most advanced hi tech computer systems linked to just about every thing including the "PALS" system used by the DA, & law enforcement.They dont forgive & they dont forget & go by a strict protolcal that even out ranks the judges at the local municipal courts. Your best bet is to do all Your business with the DMV through the local AAA, if Your a member.. Depending on how deep of shit Your in with the DMV, from Fines, penalties ,Unpaid tickets, registrations, Licenses suspensions {for various reasons} You might want to get a lawyer to handle all that & unlike the DA the DMV dont make deals with nobody. Once Your deep in the rears with the DMV, Your fucked. THey can suspend Your drivers license for the next 10 years & their nothing no cop or judge can do to LEGALLY help You. Now if You just so happen to know sombody that works for the DMV, & that particular person thinks highly of You, then its all gravy baby, because each & every person who works at the DMV has the power to change Your life,& from what Iam told, They are able to do so without being personally detected. But anyways personally, like most authoritative entities, I hate My local DMV. I give them a 3 outta 10, two thumbs down & They can kiss My Grits