PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm F-15 kills

serpa6
02-19-2013, 12:14 AM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/436_55405.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2649) There is no description of this vid, but you can tell these are real kills. Why I think the vid is dessert storm F-4 wild weasel accompany's flight
Time line :1st kill at 145 2:@ 252 Mig 29 trys to go over top and out dive @ 308 F-15 gets around then fires, the mig gets hit and goes to the upper left of the screen @319 f-15 fires sidewinder splash mig @ 326
@414 mig defeats sidewinder with flare's but gets smoked @ 428 I tried to get the best timeline and weapons usage on this vid. These Iraqi planes are the ones trying to make it to Iran, but as you can see they where fools they should have taken off and then ejected :Dhttp://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2649)

Cypher
02-19-2013, 12:20 AM
I am sorry, but they are shooting down QF-4 drones in a training mission.

serpa6
02-19-2013, 12:34 AM
If that is the case where is the info or link to it and for your information DRONES dont shoot flares

BigP
02-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Excellent find! Thanks!

PS..can I get my old rank back...I was like the 6th guy to break 1000 karma points...you can verify...same screen name.

serpa6
02-19-2013, 01:39 AM
Ok do drones carry Harm missiles to thank you and did anyone bother to look at the timeline in the description about the mig 29 going over the top and diving for the ground

@ Sir bri thank you for the link for the fact sheet

Benda
02-19-2013, 01:40 AM
PS..can I get my old rank back...I was like the 6th guy to break 1000 karma points...you can verify...same screen name.

Hey BigP, there is a known issue with the post count and, the rank system is still a works in progress. I know the issue has been raised with the previous owner (by me) and as far as i am aware still being looked at, I will check with JJ though.

Fwiw, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

MaLass
02-19-2013, 05:52 AM
how about no music and just the real audio, huh?

halfdead11
02-19-2013, 08:35 AM
This site is full of fucking retards now.

Sabor
02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah. Desert Storm. Complete with an Ocean, GoPro HD cameras, and we even used F-4 phantoms with the RED TAIL Signifying that it's for training and unmanned

Jesus Christ

gutro
02-19-2013, 11:33 AM
This seems like a mix of training footage to me.... As for Drones not using countermeasures, it would make sense to me that they would to reinforce pilots to not "fire and forget". I'm far from an expert, but from what I see here, doesn't appear to be real world, or at least all of it doesn't.
The biggest clue to me is the amount of footage taken by the rio and how focused he is on filming rather than performing other tasks.
Think about footage from Apaches, kills are always from the mounted optics, and hand held footage is always of general flights, non-combat as both pilot and gunner are too busy when in contact to be worried about using videotaping. I would think the same would apply for fighter pilots.

Cypher
02-19-2013, 08:26 PM
The blue on the missiles signals that it is a dummy round. Its probably a metal tube filled with concrete. Here is the correct description for this video.

"A F-15A group of Oregon Air National Guard's 123 fighter squadron fires AIM-7s and AIM-9s at QF-4s over the gulf of Mexico during the Combat Archer mission, which was held in Tyndall AFB."

BigP
02-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks Benda..I will be standing by!

serpa6
02-19-2013, 11:29 PM
The blue on the missiles signals that it is a dummy round. Its probably a metal tube filled with concrete. Here is the correct description for this video.

"A F-15A group of Oregon Air National Guard's 123 fighter squadron fires AIM-7s and AIM-9s at QF-4s over the gulf of Mexico during the Combat Archer mission, which was held in Tyndall AFB."

the thing that baffles me is why they would put dummy missles on a target:http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=75

serpa6
02-19-2013, 11:45 PM
I coincide LMAO I just reviewed the vid and there is no one driving the plane But still gets me why they would put dummy missiles on a dam target
Where i got this vid had no description, but it you look at the time line where is says mig 29 that is no f4 doing that maneuver.
Windmill if you see this help me you are a airman!! Once i had seen that I thought it was footage from the war.
Probably the person who posted it where i got it from, thought the same MY BAD

Benda
02-20-2013, 04:56 AM
Thanks Benda..I will be standing by!

No worries mate.

Did you read the announcement HERE (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?17486-Rank-System-update&p=70456#post70456)

Cypher
02-21-2013, 01:05 AM
They would put dummy missiles on it so to more simulate a real world scenario. A plane without a combat load out will be whole lot more manoeuvrable then one with a load out.

Why they say Mig 29 is that is what the QF-4 is role playing as. Its hard to tell what you see around 2:45, but what I think that plane is the lead aircraft and the camera is in the wing mans plane.

If they had a Mig-29 in the air with them, they would not shoot it down and they would not let video of it get out.

serpa6
02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
@ Cypher yes they would release the vid its been 20yrs plenty of time for declassifcation but any how I am not going to go back and forth on this
About the mig 29 know anything bout there air combat maneuvers that is the classic cobra move almost a stall and coming straight up and flip her over and head straight towards the ground to pick up speed for recovery.
This is the last comment I will make on this vid

Ummm
02-22-2013, 05:25 AM
VIDEO DESCRIPTION IS FALSE:

Ok let's clear this up - I've seen this video before and this is not Desert Storm at all. This is a live fire training mission over the Gulf of Mexico with de-commissioned F4's (QF4) - seen at 1:06 with no pilot and a red tail (which is a target drone marking).

The aircraft can perform a variety of their functions via remote piloting including deploying flares to give realistic combat training. In-fact the only thing they don't do is fight back.

What you're seeing is a group of F15's on a training mission heading out to the Gulf of Mexico with the F4's, they then break off and the F4's pull manoeuvres whilst the F15's practice shooting them down with live ammo.

This has nothing to do with the Gulf war and there are only 2 types of aircraft in this video.

HERES SOME EVIDENCE FOR YOU:

Here is when they used to use do-commisioned Convairs as drones:
(Note again, the red tailplane)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7uOG3Tc2Q

Here's some phantoms being used as target practice:
(No red tail here however)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0MY03UtMls

AND FINALLY:

Here is the same video but with correct description of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xISpZYajveA

Note:
These drones are sometimes used with a pilot for non live-fire training to act as the aggressor aircraft.

bgbllbffr
02-22-2013, 07:46 AM
@halfdead11. ...Dont speak about Us like that,man !

LetsTripOutAndDie
02-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Serpa great vid no matter what anyone says :D :USA:

ItalianStallion
02-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Me likey :D

serpa6
02-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Ok now that all the corrections are in on the vid i will put the description by UMM thank you very much for the info it is very much appreciated for sure.
But i have one thing to say I had to make my own description of the vid from where i got it from.
Now for all the arm chair generals Have you ever studied your enemy Identification weapons both friendly and enemy Well I have!!! so it was very easy to make the assumption especially when the jet goes over the top that this vid was real.
Oh and a bit of info since everyone has so much info on this vid. Did anyone know that redtail Wild weasels where used in the opening shots of Desert Shield. Look for the info If I can find it you can to.
The red tails where used for 2 months after that they where sent state side for the equipment to taken out of them and a gold stripe down the tail was put on so they could be flown to nevada converting them to drones
So next time you want to correct me or any member on there vid PM them don't try to embrass them. It is not cool. That is all

Cypher
02-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Serpa6 I hope I didn't cause any disrespect, just trying to help.

serpa6
02-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Serpa6 I hope I didn't cause any disrespect, just trying to help.

no you did not cause any disrespect Bud I of all people, If have no description of the vids and other people know where it came from and have a description of it, i expect someone to bring it to my attention or the uploaders attention.
It is a big help I hope that i did not come across wrong thanks for raising the awareness on the vid don't worry about that. I respect all members and expect all members if something is wrong in a vid to raise awareness on it You did good Cypher also if you look I thank you in the description for raising the awareness of the vid description Thank you again

skyjunky
02-23-2013, 09:48 PM
i cannot up load to Face Book /......any reason ..Policy??

serpa6
02-23-2013, 09:52 PM
i cannot up load to Face Book /......any reason ..Policy??

Facebook best bet copy and paste title into search and hook it from there i do not think we share with facebook.
We use to have a page dont know if it exsit's anymore

gas57
04-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Great footage.