PDA

View Full Version : New mobile counter rocket artillery and mortar system (c-ram)

LetsTripOutAndDie
02-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Centurion™ Weapon System provides immediate situational awareness, precision fires, real-time targeting and kill assessment.
The Centurion™ Weapon System is a Land-Based Phalanx Weapon System with the capability of integration with other protection sensors and systems. The Mobile Land-Based Phalanx Weapon System (MLPWS) integrates the combat-proven Centurion Land-Based Phalanx Weapon System on a Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT) A3. All functions of the Centurion design featuring the Phalanx Block 1B are maintained on the MLPWS, which provides a more flexible component to the U.S. Army’s Counter-Rocket, Artillery and Mortar initiative. Oshkosh’s HEMTT is a series of 10-ton, eight-wheel-drive vehicles designed to provide transport capabilities for resupply of combat vehicles and weapons systems. The HEMTT A3 features revolutionary ProPulse® diesel-electric drive technology that can improve fuel efficiency by at least 20 percent compared with other HEMTT models. An integrated generator can deliver more than 100 kilowatts of military-grade AC power for external operations. This advanced vehicle can climb a 60 percent grade, cross the most challenging terrain and achieve 65 mph on secondary roads. - Source Raytheon.

SATX
02-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I want one for hog hunting in Texas. :thumbup:

BrendenF11
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Lol, I had a HEMTT sideways last month on an inch of ice, managed to slide a solid 200 ft or so at a 45 degree angle. I would argue against the claim that it can cross the most challenging terrain. I was only doing 15mph too, just broke loose cause the it had rained the night before and froze over night as it got down to -2 outside.

Sounds like a sweet rig though, It would give the facilities better versatility in being able to move the system easily and quickly.